“Party Disaster” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #56 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Party Disaster”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked this hotel for a graduation party. We were not allowed to bring outside food in so we used their catering. I arrived 30 minutes early to get decorations set up, our cake (only outside item we were allowed) and the slide show set up.
When we got there nobody had a clue what was going on. The bartender was the only person that was assisting us and she made it VERY clear that she was the only person there running the bar, the restaurant and our party. She yelled at my daughter and was very rude to me. When I tried to get her help with the projector she told me she knew nothing about it. Got all the tangled cords out and threw them at me and told me to help her. When we realized we needed the hdmi cord (for the laptop) she left to go get one (I thought). The older gentleman i believe the cook came out with a cell phone and asked if i wanted to call the manager. I said "no the lady is getting us a cord" and his response was "no she just told me she gives up". I was flabbergasted.
My guests were going back to the kitchen to get refills of chips and taquitos and at one point my mother went back to get some more taquitios and was told "i'm busy right now i'll get to it when i can".
The food was inedible. We expected a mexican Feist of salsa, chips, queso, & taquitos. What we got was taquitos, chips, watered down picante sauce, and burnt can of nacho cheese. I was told the punch tasted like dishwater with a koolaid packet poured in it. ( i didn't taste it). My guests were going to the restaurant and purchasing their meals that took an hour to prepare. I couldn't even feed my guests. I was so embarrassed. The food was NOT of quality catering especially at $300.00 for just food. Even when more people showed up to help the staff nobody attended to us. We had ZERO service!
After the party I was given the inside to one of the trashcans and told to just put the trash in that and they'd take care of the dishes.
Total disaster! DO NOT use this place for your catering or company meetings/ parties

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wlamb005
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear wlamb005,

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Tulsa for a soccer tournament (yet again) and this time our team stayed here. Of all the places we have stayed, I thought our check in was the most streamlined yet. The front desk ladies were very helpful and pleasant. Rowena in the restaurant & bar was wonderful...patient with our girls and the adults. The whole staff was very accommodating as we took over the lobby to watch the Thunder play on the big screen (no HD :-( )and were fine with us moving chairs etc. Rooms were clean, had hot water and the thermostat worked. We enjoyed our stay, and I think the friendly staff deserves the credit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My apple iPad was stolen right off the front desk and hotel managers refused to look at the camera footage from the camera that overlooked the front desk. In fact, they insinuated it was my fault, as if I was too careless with my belongings. They had no interest in checking the cameras and they even threatened the girl at the front desk that she would be written up for trying to assist me with this problem. I have never in my life dealt with such rude people. I even told them that if the iPad was returned, that I would not press charges on whoever took it. I told them I simply just needed it back. I explained the importance of the business information on it and how important it was that it was recovered. They didnt care. I've never had a hotel manager be so rude in my life. And the most confusing part is why?? Why would they have a problem reviewing cameras for a potential guest so they may stop employees or another guest from stealing a very important item?? Don't they want good ratings? Im definitely not going to be comfortable staying at a hotel where so much unexplained theft happens, especially when the managers have no desire to help and proceed to yell at me for sitting it down for a moment. This very much seems like an inside job and has caused me much distress. I can't believe a hotel manager would be so rude because a guest asked them to review front desk cameras. The front desk clerk told me it would be no problem, but apparently it's a huge task for the hotel manager to do they're job. I was polite and kind, their responses were rude and demeaning.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AshleyBD
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear AshleyBD,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera P
Carl Junction, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

My fiance & I stayed here when in Tulsa for the weekend. The hotel is nice looking & the rooms were very comfortable. The beds were a bit soft for my taste but my fiance who likes softer beds loved the bed. The only complaint we had was that their breakfast, at least on weekends, wasn't complimentary but instead cost around $10 per person. Otherwise a nice place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LPBENW
Ft Worth TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

As Holiday Inn's go, this place exceeds expectations..However a few small issues exist:
* Bedding is not very comfortable, they use take lessons from Courtyard, etc.
* Hotel website over promises and under delivers. We stayed in the first night, restaurant is not 5 star. Just a basic hotel diner, with limited menu and limited staff. They did the best they could, and were friendly, but not what we were expected from what they promote.
*Not all cable channels work on TV, ESPN not available in the room? What?

Hotel lobby is new, all staff friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear fwtxtravel ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am glad to know that you found our lobby to be modern and our staff friendly. I regret however if the bed accommodations were not completely up to par and if you encountered problems with the Cable TV service. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.

We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This hotel is new and nice, but there are some issues. I will try to explain this as best as possible. The thermostat is in the living room of a suite, but the unit only blows air...not cool air. However, there is a window unit in the bedroom that is connected to the living room. It blows really cold air. So, the living room is almost unusable if it is warm outside and the bedroom gets really cold. You could not stay here in the summer until this gets fixed. I know it is not just our room because we started in another room but the toilet would not quit running (and there was a missing TV remote), so we moved. The internet connection is great. There are flat screen TVs in both rooms, but only about 8 HD channels...it is 2013! There was only one counter person when we checked in. So we waited in the plush lobby for 10 minutes to check in. The lighting in the bathroom is not good. With a few fixes, these hotel could be terrific.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scott M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Flint 34,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Suites Tulsa South. We take all of your guest feed seriously and want to be able to provide the best experience during your stay.

I do apologize for the Issues you had with the first room you had.

I have addressed the issues with the staff. We strive to make every customers visit a comfortable and pleasent stay.

We do appriciate your business and hope to see you the next time your in town.

Scott Meyer
Covina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Expect Avery nice room and very clean surroundings. Great service and in- house bar and grill. Indoor pool and very nice lobby. You will sleep very well.
I paid $89 but I think it was well worth it. We are traveling with our daughter and her daughter of 4 years old. Our grand daughter loved it here also.

• Stayed June 2013