“Awesome Holiday Inn & Suites ”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South
Ranked #55 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Collinsville, Oklahoma
“Awesome Holiday Inn & Suites ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

What a first class place to stay. Rooms are very big tons of room. Pool and hot tub very clean. The beds are great also. The room has 2 flat screen tv's. I would stay here again!! The staff was very friendly and made our stay great. The bar is a nice place to hang out very good service..

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nowata, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I made reservations by cell phone several hours before our arrival. We usually stay closer to the Savage Park but that hotel was full. This hotel is much nicer than the Catoosa HIE. When we arrived, the desk clerk was on the phone so we had to wait a few minutes. Since I had made reservations and we are platinium members I expected that everything would have been ready for me as it usually is. The desk clerk still had to print out paperwork and scan our room keys. Not a huge deal but it was already after 10 and we were tired.
We stayed on the 5th floor. I could hear a lot of noise next door so I turned the ac unit fan to constant to drown out the noise.
The breakfast was better than the usual HIE also. Though you do have to ask for vouchers before you enter to avoid being charged. The clerk from last night didn't mention this fact at all. I noticed a few people read the sign and leave without asking for vouchers. Overall it was a pleasant place to lay our heads for a few hours rest before we hit the softball fields again.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for breakfast vouchers before you go through the buffet line.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This is a really nice property that has clearly not been taken care of. The elevator floors were wet with pool water every time I used them. My king suite was nice in theory but not maintained well. There were tiles falling off the wall in the shower. The plumbing hardware was loose in the shower, and all of the plumbing hardware was installed improperly so that the temperature controls were opposite of the standard. Furthermore, there seemed to be different colored light bulbs in every fixture of the room and the bathroom was super dim!! The bedding was also terrible with thin and worn our sheets. These are all little, easy to fix things! To top it off my I went through about 7 room keys in my 48 hour stay with the staff never looking further into the issue besides handing me new keys constantly. I will say the the people that helped me at the front desk were all very nice. I was surprised when one came up to help me with my door and had to put a "BRB" sign at the front desk. For a property this large you would think the management could spring for more than one person on a Sunday. Overall, this place would have potential if it had a better management team.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Austin K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Austin K,

Thank you for staying and sharing your review with us. I am glad that you found our hotel staff helpful. However, I am sorry to learn that you were not fully satisfied with the condition of our facility, due to the room fixture and with your room key card malfunctioning. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brush, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed three nights in a row on three different floors during May 2014 at this location, so feel pretty informed to comment. The hotel is in a good area and fairly new, so clean and in nice condition. Beds were fairly comfy, though air conditioning can become pretty cold--we used the wall thermostats to adjust fairly often. An important suggestion our family would certainly make is that you NOT stay near the elevators! We were in the 2-bedroom suites for two nights. These are all situated next to the elevators. The first night we were given Room 212 and we could hear a very LOUD grinding sound passing by our suite each time the elevator passed behind it. This went on till well after midnight when the bar downstairs closed and/or guests were done moving about for the night and finally in their rooms. So, it kept waking us up, and the small children with us did not sleep very soundly. We needed the two room suite, so the next day asked for one on another floor, hoping it was something about the second floor that was so noisy. We were next placed in 512, and it was better by virtue of the fact not as many guests pass by the fifth floor as they do the second floor. Still, it was noisy when it was used near us. A third night, not all of our party stayed in Tulsa, so we had a double queen room, nowhere near an elevator on sixth floor. AHHH--slept so much better! The hotel did have a limited number of baby cribs, and as we needed one, the staff worked hard to locate one for us as soon as one was available.
We should also comment on a few other aspects of this location. We have stayed in another Holiday Inn Suites in Colorado and the 2-room suites included a comfy living room with a sofa and loveseat and a second bathroom, none of which this hotel's suites included. It was just two bedrooms with two queen beds and a king, which was nice, but tight in space. We had just one bathroom, which was a little crowded for 5 people. When we booked the room online, it was to have included a breakfast, but the desk attendant in Tulsa said it really didn't. That was disappointing, but she did give us complimentary breakfast tickets for the three adults for one night for the trouble and complication. That was considerate and appreciated. Other than that, we went to an IHOP not far away for breakfast. The food at the hotel, at least for breakfast (the restaurant serves other meals also, but we ate elsewhere) was decent. We would have liked pancakes or waffles, but the fruit was fresh and the hot items served were tasty. The kids loved that there were little flat screen TVs next to the booths in the restaurant; they continued to watch a Disney movie they started to watch upstairs in the room while waiting for their food. (Kids choose off menu for breakfast.)
As for the fitness, pool and business center areas, I have a few comments. The fitness room is nice but small, the pool is indoor and average-sized with a nice hot tub. It was actually WARM unlike most hotel pools I swim in. Sadly, a group of kids right before me had left waterlogged towels all over the place and used them all...and remnants of water balloons from an apparent water fight left behind for the maintenance staff to clean up. It is inconsiderate that some parents did monitor their kids' activities and sad for the staff to need to deal with that. Finally, The business center was available late at night when we went to print airline boarding passes. One of the two computers was down, but we didn't need to wait to use the other one since it was so late.
The hotel seemed a little short-staffed (usually only one person visible for any one job) but they were friendly. I should mention I left a new robe in my first room when we changed to another floor and I reported it missing to the front desk. I didn't think I'd see it again. Oddly, it turned up in housekeeping a few days days after we returned home, and they called to say they were sending it to me. It was a good stay, overall--just interesting to see the varied experiences we had over a three-night stay.

Room Tip: Ask when you book to be placed away from elevators! They are the noisiest we've experienced in h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank AJE56
McAlester, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked this hotel online with my credit card rewards company. We arrived a bit early, completely exhausted and hopeful, and were able to check in anyway. This, in spite of the fact that the hotel was completely booked the night before. The front desk staff was very friendly and the manager on duty very friendly as well. The hotel was very clean. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable. I enjoyed the stay with my daughter and grandson, and plan to use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked this hotel for a graduation party. We were not allowed to bring outside food in so we used their catering. I arrived 30 minutes early to get decorations set up, our cake (only outside item we were allowed) and the slide show set up.
When we got there nobody had a clue what was going on. The bartender was the only person that was assisting us and she made it VERY clear that she was the only person there running the bar, the restaurant and our party. She yelled at my daughter and was very rude to me. When I tried to get her help with the projector she told me she knew nothing about it. Got all the tangled cords out and threw them at me and told me to help her. When we realized we needed the hdmi cord (for the laptop) she left to go get one (I thought). The older gentleman i believe the cook came out with a cell phone and asked if i wanted to call the manager. I said "no the lady is getting us a cord" and his response was "no she just told me she gives up". I was flabbergasted.
My guests were going back to the kitchen to get refills of chips and taquitos and at one point my mother went back to get some more taquitios and was told "i'm busy right now i'll get to it when i can".
The food was inedible. We expected a mexican Feist of salsa, chips, queso, & taquitos. What we got was taquitos, chips, watered down picante sauce, and burnt can of nacho cheese. I was told the punch tasted like dishwater with a koolaid packet poured in it. ( i didn't taste it). My guests were going to the restaurant and purchasing their meals that took an hour to prepare. I couldn't even feed my guests. I was so embarrassed. The food was NOT of quality catering especially at $300.00 for just food. Even when more people showed up to help the staff nobody attended to us. We had ZERO service!
After the party I was given the inside to one of the trashcans and told to just put the trash in that and they'd take care of the dishes.
Total disaster! DO NOT use this place for your catering or company meetings/ parties

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wlamb005
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tulsa South, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear wlamb005,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We were in Tulsa for a soccer tournament (yet again) and this time our team stayed here. Of all the places we have stayed, I thought our check in was the most streamlined yet. The front desk ladies were very helpful and pleasant. Rowena in the restaurant & bar was wonderful...patient with our girls and the adults. The whole staff was very accommodating as we took over the lobby to watch the Thunder play on the big screen (no HD :-( )and were fine with us moving chairs etc. Rooms were clean, had hot water and the thermostat worked. We enjoyed our stay, and I think the friendly staff deserves the credit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family