“sufficient”

Ranked #39 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Vienna, Virginia, United States
“sufficient”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. The front desk staff was very pleasant. The hotel has a modern vibe, which was fun. The room was quite small, but clean and the bed was comfortable, the pillows were not my cup of tea and when I asked for another type, they didn't have any. They have an area where you can buy snacks and there is a bar and pool table. You have to pay for breakfast, ($2 muffin), they said they had other choices, but the breakfast staff didn't come to work on time. SInce a nice hotel breakfast is important to us, we won't go to an aloft again. If that isn't important to you, then it is an acceptable clean place to lay your head.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
Colorado
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days. The room is very basic and small with 2 queen beds with a very small vanity between the 2 beds. There is a desk in front of a window with a small padded bench next to it. The air conditioner is under the other window which was right opposite the bed. It was blowing cold air directly on the bed so we had to put the desk chair in front of it and then the bedspread over it because we could not sleep with the cold air blowing on us. The beds were comfortable. The other side of the room was the sink, shower, toilet and an open closet. The room had a very strong perfumed odor. When I asked at the desk what that was they said they spray with Febreze. I asked that they do not spray it in our room since I am very sensitive to fragrances. They obliged but the odor was there for the next day or so. Also the soap and body cream and body soap they provide has a very strong perfumed scent, so much so that I had to go out a buy dove soap to wash with. The shower was wonderful, huge with a glass door and the water pressure was strong. you can get breakfast in the lobby at a small cost. They had cereals, yogurts, fruit, and you could have a breakfast sandwich cooked for you. Coffee was free. All in all it was a good stay but we would not stay here again because of the fragrance problem. It is located near lot of stores and restaurant.

Room Tip: It is located by itself so any room would be fine on the upper floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear krysiaCt,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay for the most part, but we are sorry that the fragrance was too overpowering for your liking. We do appreciate you bringing this to our attention as we are constantly looking for ways to improve upon guest experience. We appreciate your kind words about the rest of the areas of our hotel and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Tulsa.
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The outside look of the hotel is great! The inside smelled of alcohol when you walked in, if it weren't for the smell it would have been a nice lobby. The staff was pretty friendly. Not too thrilled with the room. The ceiling was peeling and it looked like they had tried to fix it fast but did a very bad job. Carpet were stained, bathroom smelled like dirty feet, shampoo & conditioner dispenser didn't work, body wash was out, and the shower leaked on the floor. Kleenex's were stuffed in the top but the rest of the box was empty. The beds were very soft and comfortable, pillows were soft, a/c worked great, and the look of the room was good. The outside trash cans & lobby trash cans were overflowing. My suggestions would be to fire the maintenance & housekeeping! Give the hotel a major deep cleaning and fix the small cosmetic problems. It would be a great place with a little TLC!

• Stayed September 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed here for business and added personal night. Friendly and eager staff. I would stay here again. Manager Roman Bass, Daniel and Samuel great employees which I find hard to come by in this day and age!

Room Tip: Business and personal is a good value and good part of the city to be in
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Dear Debbie b,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the customer service to be top notch. This is something that we work very hard at amongst our staff, so we are pleased to hear that this is translating to our guests. We hope to see you back in Tulsa again soon.
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We spent a weekend here and found it be somewhat frustrating. We were traveling with my mom and had booked two rooms. The first night we found it very hard to get to sleep because the A/C made very loud clanking noises every time it would kick on--we were up till 1 or 2 with the noise and then awake again by 630. My husband tried to call down to the front desk but the phone didn't work. We decided to just get up and tried to make coffee--only Decaf in the room! We were feeling a bit frustrated at this point and just got dressed and went to front desk. The front desk person listened to us and said--and I quote--"man, that sucks" There was no "oh, I'm sorry or what can we do to make this better..."
anyway, we requested to change rooms which took a bit--finally got a new room and went up and hauled our stuff two floors down at 0730 am! That room A/C was ok but the bolster pillow for the bed were up on top of the shelf, we ran out of TP--no extras, shower door leaked, only one bath towel, etc. Just a lot of things--clearly their housekeeping department is not on top of it!
Saturday night we tried to use their bar which was supposed to open at 5. At 510, no bartender, at 530, no bartender...we gave up and went over to Dave and Buster's across the parking lot..came back at 615, no bartender! When we came back from dinner at 930 or so, there was a bartender!
The beds were fine, but overall it was just kind of a lesson in frustration! We did have a cheap rate so that made it a bit better, but if i was paying full price for this hotel, I would have been angry and writing letters...

Room Tip: Check out your A/C or heating unit as soon as you check in!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 9 September 2013

There was mix up with my reservation (Aloft employees well trained to insist it was my fault not their's) and I called to rectify. The reservation department took the details and promised followup from customer service within 48 hours which did not happen. After a week, I contacted them again and had to start from scratch with the story as my original call details were apparently not noted in the reservation. Then long wait in phone queue after being transferred to customer service. Spoke to customer service agent who was aghast, at me, that I wasn't given file number distinct from the reservation number about the earlier complaint and was unwilling to resolve my issue. I have received numerous automated communication from the hotel and attempts at up sales via email, but when I needed actual human assistance they wouldn't provide it. Aloft Tulsa, so sorry I am not an expert in your reservation and customer service IT systems.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ClarkFORD
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Tulsa, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Dear ClarkFORD,
We are so sorry to hear about your trying experience while attempting to fix a reservation with our hotel. We completely understand how frustrating it can be to work with automated phone lines and not be able to get an actual person on the phone. We appreciate you taking the time to write this review so that the hotel staff can use this as a learning experience for future guest stays. If you would like to discuss this matter further, I encourage you to reach out to the general manager, Kara DeNardo (kara.deNardo@alofttuls.com), who would be more than willing to help rectify the situation in any way that she can. Again, we are so sorry for the trouble you experienced and hopefully we can get this issue resolved for you right away.
oklahoma
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Booked room online for a decent price right on there site. Check-in was 3pm, got there at 3:25 and was asked if I'd like to go some where and wait because he didn't know if any rooms were ready. I told him no I've waited around all day for checkin time. I took a seat in the lobby and returned to the desk about 25 minutes later and got a room. The lobby is pretty cool upscale feel. The rooms are decorated to have a metro vibe. The beds and linens were nice. The bar was out of several major items, that was disappointing. The shuttle service (one main reason for booking) was out of service. The pool and hot tub area felt pretty inviting and we were allowed to use it pretty late. The value was fair /good for the area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear twin7901,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that your overall stay with us was a good one. We do appreciate the feedback about the issues you faced during your stay, and we will certainly address these issues so we can improve on guest experiences in the future. We hope that you focus on the good things about our hotel when you visit Tulsa again, and will give us a chance to improve on your previous experience by booking another stay at Aloft Tulsa.