Courtyard Tulsa Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewshistoric buildingatlas life buildingatlas grilloffice buildingfirst floortypical courtyardhour starbucksfloor lobbyvalet serviceart decohot waterhotel lobby istulsa downtownbok centerwithin walking distanceshuttle drivernice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Good: The property is clean and well maintained. The staff is courteous, accommodating and professional. The room was very clean, modern with a free mini-fridge. The downtown location could be convenient.

The Bad: It's noisy in the room. The clientele tend do be quiet business travelers, but the soundproofing is poor. In the room throughout the night you'll hear the elevators moving through the shafts and noises from the street from 9 stories up. There are plenty of hotels in bigger and busier cities that buffer noise effectively; Marriott Courtyard Downtown didn't. If you need to park, you'll need to move your car before 6am or pay for valet parking, which will add a minimum of $15 + tips. The hot water is quirky. The hotel provides written instructions to turn the hot water on in the sink and shower at the same then let them run for two minutes to get hot water in the shower. The hot water eventually came on in the shower, but it was delayed. While the bathroom was clean, the barrier for the shower didn't keep a puddle from forming on the floor outside of the shower.

Summation: While very clean, nicely executed updates, comfortable beds and amenities, the value for the money is poor. You're paying a price verging on higher end but getting mid tier. Just as there's nothing wrong with a well maintained Holiday Inn or Motel 6, if you pay Four Seasons rates, you expect that value. That's an exaggeration of the price vs value at this Marriott Courtyard Downtown, but it conveys that however clean and well kept it is, you're not getting what you pay for.

Room Tip: Get as high a floor as you can and as far from the elevator shafts as you can because soundproofing in ineffective. Noise from the street made it to the 9th floor loud and clear.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jk10019
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This Courtyard is much more like your typical boutique hotel, than any other Courtyard I have stayed in. Located on the upper floors of an old insurance building downtown, easy access to a number of nice restaurants and a pleasant walk to BOK center. The only rough spot is the curbside entry /bell station. This was a little awkward and parking was not very clear. You can pay for valet, they park your car a block or two away or you can find street parking, which I believe was free on the weekends. This facility is quite new and they may be working this bug out? We did not eat there but there is a nice place to get breakfast on the ground floor, didn't notice it until we were checked out and ready to leave.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
luisnazario2004, Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure serving you. Come visit us again

Luis Nazario
AGM Operations

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for one night. The price of this hotel is excellent for the room. I had a little reservation about staying here since the price was so low, but found our room extremely comfortable and modern. The history of this hotel is very interesting and is adjacent to some wonderful old buildings that were built in the heyday of the oil boom in the 1920's. Besides the wonderful history of this building, it is in a great location to walk to the ball park (although a long walk, but very doable if walking is something you enjoy), and the closeness of the art district and eating venues makes this a conveniently located hotel when the weather is nice. I would highly recommend this hotel, especially at the wonderful price of the room. There was a sign posted on our shower that said due to the historic nature of the hotel it might be necessary to run the hot water in the sink and shower for a couple of minutes before taking a shower. We did, and we had all the hot water we needed. The heating and air conditioning system worked wonderfully and the temperature of the room stayed exactly as cold and as warm as we wanted.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 11th floor at the end of the hall and the room was very quiet and very large.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in April for one night as I stopped in Tulsa for business. It was a nice part of the city center and from the moment I walked in, was impressed by the quality and style of this hotel. While many reviews speak to the great price I paid well above, at $150, for a one night stay. I would say this is the only concern I have, as that is a pretty steep one-night stay compared to the prices of the other city hotels I researched. Great service! The room was big, quiet and had everything I needed, it was especially clean too. I ate dinner and breakfast at the bistro, which was a little expensive, but the food was good. If I come back to Tulsa I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank awinchester
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The price was what drew me and the nice surprise was the vintage building and clean spacious room. You are within walking distance to many artsy districts although driving was easy too. You must do street parking or valet parking for hotel. Free street parking after 5 PM and on the weekend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
luisnazario2004, Manager at Courtyard Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure serving you. Come back and visit us again.

Kind Regards