“Wonderful 1920's building still intact but remodeled perfectly for an incredibly comfortable hotel stay”

Courtyard Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #19 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 1 March 2011

My friends and I stayed only one night, but I would have enjoyed staying longer. The hotel is in the former Atlas Life building built in the 20's ( I think). I love the architecural style. The renovation was done so well, with the building left intact, but the rooms modern, roomy, and so comfortable. 3 of us stayed in a King Suite which was HUGE! There were no pictures on the website of this suite and we were so pleasantly surprised. There was a living area with a nice sofa bed, TV, and spacious desk area. The bedroom was separate and was extremely roomy and well-appointed. Our room was not overlooking the street, the windows looked out upon the building next door, but we didn't care. It's not like downtown Tulsa is scenic anyway.
Bathroom is huge and lovely. Beds extremely comfortable. A wonderful place to stay for a good price.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We enjoyed a Saturday night stay in this downtown renovated beauty. Completely up to date decor and excellent bedding. Staff was super helpful in providing directions to Peoria street (a local favorite dining/strolling area). We asked for a quiet room away from the elevator, and they said not only would they do that, they would make certain we were on different floors from the areas where they had parties going on. I don't think I heard another soul on the floor. It was like having my own personal hotel. Although they had Starbucks in the hotel lobby (yea!), we were within walking distance to Topeaka (a local highly rated coffee house) and other well rated restaurants. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This hotel is a Gem. Downtown Tulsa is not exactly a happening place. But if you must stay there, stay at the Courtyard. It is very well appointed and modern. The staff is outstanding: morning, afternoon, night! I was blown away by their hospitality. They operate a 24-hour Starbucks and will brew a pot at any hour (I had mine done at 3am on the day of my departure.)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2011

Our company typically has everyone stay at a different hotel when visiting Tulsa that is not the greatest, but for this trip we stayed at the Downtown Marriott Courtyard. The corner King suite that I received was one of the nicest Marriott rooms I have ever stayed in! The front desk reception area is awesome and the staff is even more awesome!

The Atlas building is a very old building, but everything inside is updated, and clean!

The Atlas Grill in the lobby of the building was just as good as the rooms! Great Breakfast and Lunches, and friendly staff!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I found myself staying in Tulsa because of an unexpected illness requiring hospitalization in my family...all of this occurred while travelling across the country by car. The hotel offered a holiday special rate and was willing to extend the rate a day or two should I need it given the unpredictability of the situation.

The building renovation is gorgeous. The hotel lobby is on the second floor so be prepared for an uncommon entrance scenario. The lobby, though, is cheerful, bright, clean, minimalist, functional, and inviting. A 24-hour Starbucks is on the same level as the hotel lobby. The Starbucks features many electrical outlets for plugging in and dropping out as well as mulitple "rooms" and quiet cozy alcoves for more intimate conversations or spaces. It also includes two, great big fantastic flat screen TVs.

The hotel staff are all very professional, accommodating, and helpful.

The floors where rooms are are equally fabulously designed as the lobby floor. The interior decor and design of the hotel rooms is just as functional, modern and somewhat mod, clean, and minimalistically elegant. The bed is super comfy and I wish my own at home was as comfortable. I don't know what the complaints of the 7th floor are about....when I went up there to investigate it absolutely reminded me of visiting my father's office building when I was kid. Expect a little bit of a time warp to a 60s office building and you'll be just fine. If you have reservations, just ask to see the room, or hallway, first.

My only semi-complaint is that the hallway walls seem to be a bit thin. I could readily hear the conversations of passing guests while inside my room.

Although I am doubtful, I hope this is the trend of all Courtyards by Marriott. Very cool. And who thought Tulsa could be so interesting.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The bad: Lobby is rather small, but they are working within the confines of a historic building. Water pressure is not the best, but that goes with the historic part. The tv in the room we had (303) was located where you had to turn your head to watch it.
Tip: Ask for a room with a street view. Our room overlooked a rooftop with ac units. Floor 7 is basically the same as the other floors, but the hall has been left as it was, rather than redecorated. Ice found on even floors only. 24 hour Starbucks and pantry in lobby area. If you come on the weekend, parking is free on the street, which is far better than paying $12 for parking. Hard to find parking on the street in the evening, so take that into consideration.
Breakfast: short walk to the Blue Dome Diner on 313 E. 2nd St. Awesome omelettes! They give you lots of food, so you could share with someone. There are an array of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel, so no need to drive unless you want to.
The good: Friendly staff, very cool, historic building, right in the middle of downtown. I suggest you walk to the array of incredible churches they have surrounding them. In the lobby they have a really cool touchscreen map, which they will print out whatever that may interest you. The room was very large, and the bed was comfortable. The television was a swivel flatscreen. No problem getting on the internet. This hotel is located by several other historic buildings worth wandering into, if you appreciate old buildings. The downtown area is clean and quiet, and I never felt unsafe. I will return to this wonderful hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank lmoetteli
Reviewed 6 October 2010

cant say enough about the awesome staff in Tulsa! 918 has best customer service hands down. pair it with the courtyard brand and you got yourself a winning combo! my go to get away from home when i need to step out with the missus for the night minus kiddos.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo