“Terrific Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Tavern

The Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,303 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brady
Savannah, Georgia
“Terrific Tavern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Yummy! I did happen to be there on a sunday night and indulged in a little fried chicken. It was very good - only complaint was that the biscuit and chicken both had a little too much salt, but I suppose that's more of a personal issue. Although many of the Tulsa downtown restaurants seemed closed on a Sunday night the Tavern was open and ready for business. Come on in y'all!!

• Visited August 2014

oklahoma
“Missed the famous fried chicken, but weren't disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Had a craving for fried chicken, and we heard that it was a specialty of the house at the Tavern. Arrived to find out it is only served on Sunday evening. We were out of luck, because it was Tuesday. Instead my wife had roast chicken and I had the Tavern Burger. Both were excellent. We have to go back on a Sunday, because we are convinced that the fried chicken is probably great!

Visited July 2014
Tulsa
“MY Favorite Place for drinks and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Tavern on Brady is right on the corner of a happening little street downtown. They have excellent custom drinks and an excellent cheese board. Also their main entrée's are excellent. I had the steak which came with eatable flowers, very tasty. I go here once a month.. Recommend for sure

Visited July 2014
Tulsa
“Good...not great!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The Tavern is a great place for a date, not if you have a big group of friends.

We had the bacon popcorn which was a great twist on popcorn! It's a must have!

The table had their family style fried chicken...that's not served family style!

They don't have much to offer vegetarians.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Better than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

After reading so many mixed reviews from various sites on this place I was a bit afraid. It seemed the the burger was the way to go so I ordered that and a friend said to get extra sauce. I did and dipped my shoe string fries in the sauce instead of catsup and it was good, really good. I ordered my burger medium rare and it was perfect, big, juicy, sloppy, yum. Sites said the bacon popcorn was a good thing to so I got although my friend said it could be just too greasy, so I mentioned that to the server and said he would say something to the cook to make it less so. It came out great. Service was fine and most people there seemed dressed to go to the event at the Cain's Ballroom so the whole place was buzzed. I would go back, I was told and read the "angry mac and cheese" was very good, but sounded too heavy for a night at the Cain's.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank IcksPigeon1

Been to The Tavern? Share your experiences!