“Quaint and classy”
Review of The Campbell Hotel

The Campbell Hotel
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We recently held our daughters wedding and reception here, we had also booked most of the rooms for the occasion. My daughter could never have picked a better place to hold something so special to our family. From the beginning of the planning they treated us like we were there family, they were there every step of the way to make this occasion something we will remember for the rest of our lives; Now for the staff, they couldn't have a better staff, they are extremely pleasant and helpful, even beyond what they are responsible for. Now for the best part of the review.....the rooms, you will have to come to this hotel 26 times just so you can experience the beauty and hard work that have gone into these rooms each room is different 26 different themes. The beds are made up like something you would see in a store selling there bedding, plush pillows stacked like you were in your own home. I recommend this hotel for your stay, whether you are from Tulsa or visiting please consider this your home while you are away from your home, you will never regret your decision

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thanks so much for the very nice review. It was a beautiful wedding, and we loved having all of you. Jenny and Ian are a lovely couple, and we very much wish them a happily ever after. Barbara

There are newer reviews for The Campbell Hotel

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The location for this hotel is good, but setting not very nice. Not exactly industrial, but right off a main drag. Since the hotel is only 2 stories, views out the windows were to parking lot or street. BUT, that being said, the rooms were very nicely furnished, large, and comfortable, with mini-fridge, coffee machine, hair dryer, etc. Our bathroom had a shower/tub and was nicely decorated.The service was very helpful and informative. The continental breakfast was convenient. We had a sweet time on our visit and would highly recommend The Campbell.

Room Tip: If you like Leon Russell, stay in the room with his name!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Well, I'm glad you found us. I know we don't exactly look like the average hotel from the outside, but we were originally built as a hotel upstairs in 1927, and since we have restored the hotel and are now on the national register of historic places, the facade has to remain as it was almost 100 years ago. But we made it real nice inside, and the building is rich in history and comfort. And that main drag is Route 66, so we put up with that too. We thrilled that you stayed, and hope to see you again, and thanks for the nice review. Barbara

Reviewed 28 August 2012

I use to travel often and rarely had a bad hotel experience. Over the last decade, bad hotel experiences appear to be the norm, even in the high-end hotels in which I stay. The desire for huge profits and CO bonuses seem to have taken priority over maintenance of the hotel and quests services. Most hotels, even the high-end ones, do not have enough employees to properly serve the quests, clean the rooms and overall maintain the hotel. Because money is generally not being put back into the hotels for repair and to ensure that there is sufficient staff to provide a clean room and overall clean facility for the guests, I dread having to stay in hotels.

As a result of my bad experiences in many of the well known high-end hotels, after reading the reviewers opinions concerning the Campbell Hotel and looking at the photos of the various distinctive rooms available, I decided to give it a try although the picture of the hotel's outside gave me pause.

I stayed in the Pearl room. It was very clean and nicely decorated. In fact, the hotel is beautifully restored and provides the feel of old time luxury. The staff was extremely courteous and helpful, including the cleaning staff. Everything in my room worked as it should.

I will stay in the Campbell Hotel again on my next stay. My only fear is that the owner will come to realize that the hotel is indeed a rare "Pearl," and thus, that it is not necessary to give away so much free stuff --- unlimited bottled water, yogurt, pastries, and energy snakes.

Thanks for providing such a beautiful and clean place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Wow, what a great review. I'm thrilled you found us, and that you appreciate everything we did. It was the funnest hard work ever. Your review really helps get the word out, and that's great because we are new( what once was old is new again) and we want everyone to know. Thanks so much, and please come back soon, and maybe try out a different themed room. We'll take good care of you. Barbara

Reviewed 26 August 2012

Looking at a few of my other reviews will reveal that this place is a little classier and pricier than most places I stay. A discount for Route 66 travelers brought the cost within range and got me a rather posh night on the road. I stayed in the Leon Russell room and really enjoyed the musical decor and looking over the photos, posters, and album covers. I understand that the building was in quite bad shape when the recent renovation began which makes the current state of things even more impressive. All the rooms are on the second floor. There is an elevator but I thought climbing the wide stairway with the skylight at the top was a much better way to get there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

I'm so glad you found us and were able to stay. We welcome Route 66 travelers, and that's why we offer a discount. I'm glad you enjoyed and appreciated our little hotel, and hope you will be back to visit again. Thanks so much for staying. Barbara

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Within walking distance to the University of Tulsa so it's the perfect location if you have a student attending the college. Our room was beautiful and cozy and we can't wait to stay again as the decor in each room is unique. The staff was very hospitable and personable. Love the bar!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Thank you so much. Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to have you back. Thanks again. Barbara C.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

This place is just what it claims to be - an old boutique hotel with character. Our party was made up of 4 people so we saw 2 different rooms - the Tulsa Garden suite and The Rose Bowl room. Both of them were incredibly tasteful - the rose bowl was hip, the Tulsa Garden Suite was cozy and elegant. EXACTLY LIKE THE PHOTOS! The entire hotel was cool. That being said - as previous reviewers have stated - the air conditioning is loud - but I found we didn't really need it all night.... This is an old boutique hotel - things like that are going to happen - if you are very particular - a mainstream hotel like a Marriott or something may make your time in Tulsa better - but if you are looking for something different and cool this place has it!!! And read their website! They are completely honest - they mention that the breakfast is a "limited continental" - but since there are fridges and microwaves in every room we brought some pastries and fruit for a quick in room breakfast. The location is ideal - during our trip we went to the Philbrook Museum, a drive by the Golden Driller and to Cherry Street numerous times - we were never in the car more than 5-10 minutes. This was PERFECT for us! It had a "downtown" vibe with out the traffic and/or paid parking. When I go back - I will stay here. One note - I scheduled 2 massages for 2 people - the therapist was sweet and good but not GREAT - I say this because it was a bit of a let down - we were really looking forward to a good massage - if you like a very light touch then she is your girl - if you prefer deep tissue - you may want to look elsewhere. That is purely personal preference - but I felt it was worthy of noting. I look forward to going back to Tulsa just so I can stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Wow! Thanks for all the nice words. Can't wait for you to come back and try a few more rooms. They are all great. We really appreciate people like you who get what we went to all the trouble for. Makes it all worthwhile. Hope to see you soon. Thanks again. Barbara C.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I was only in Tulsa for a day, but I have to say this hotel makes me want to come back for seconds and thirds. This is the kind of place we need more of in New York City: comfortable and unpretentious, yet charmingly decorated with a singular style -- complete with retrospectives of rock and country icons on the walls. It was as homey as it was hip, and I got the feeling I was at the crossroads between the great frontier and East Coast urbanity. The staff was nice, too. It has all the stuff you'd expect: free Wi-Fi, cozy beds, a big-screen TV on the wall -- but those are givens. This is the kind of place for travelers who really want to get a sense of a place when they visit (Tulsa is a creative, art-centric city with a lot of big-oil money to support the arts). Do yourself a favor: Skip the Best Western and come here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Barbara C, Owner at The Campbell Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

All right! That's what we like to hear. A happy guest who gets our idea of hospitality. I DO hope you come back and experience an entirely different room that takes your imagination somewhere else. Thanks so much for staying with us, and please come again. We appreciate the kind review and your helping to get the word out. Barbara C