“A $50 room for $175 - OK if you're in a jam....”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 6 March 2012

If you saved money by flying into Tulsa instead of Northwest Regional in Arkansas (visiting Wal-Mart, JB Hunt, Tramsplace etc) - you'll blow your money on this expensive but quite cheap hotel. Fine, I guess, if you're in a jam, but that's it. Built out of Balsa Wood, it is very loud. Sorry guys....

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Andrew H
KatieHGITulsa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us! We are continuously updating our property with capital investments--from the technology available throughout the hotel to the guest room furniture and courtyard design. We do have a very unique position being the only Hilton hotel near the airport with a complimentary on-demand shuttle throughout all of the flights, and of course we are located within minutes to all of the major highways of Tulsa including 11, 75, 244, 169, 44, and 412. We do work with guests if they are on a budget or traveling on weekends and holidays, and of course we have numerous corporate negotiated rates available at the hotel. We also offer discounts for AAA members, AARP, and senior citizens as well as group rates when applicable. Definitely always try to make your reservation with the front desk directly, and you can check to see if there are any discounts that you would qualify for on your stay. Thanks, --Katie Bleeker

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Fairly common HGI. Spacious rooms with small flat screens. Standard desk with wired internet. Internet was seamless. Speedtest gave.59Mbps Has the adjustable firmness bed

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate you staying with us! We do have 32" flat screen televisions in all of the guest rooms, and all of our televisions are equipped with HD and digital cable programming, HBO, and a pay-per-view movie and television module. We also have complimentary wireless high speed internet available throughout the entire hotel for both guests and meeting attendees. Thank you again! --Katie Bleeker

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn is very close to the airport and very convenient for an early morning flight but the hotel staff needs to pay more attention to the details. There was mildew in the grout inside the shower and this only happens after not being cleaned properly over an extended amount of time. The jets didn't work in the hot tub next to the pool. The price charged for the quality of food in the restaurant is not worth it. When I went to use the phone in my room to check out, I found out there was no dial tone. I am not sure how long it wasn't working. Although there were no major issues and even being next to the airport, didn't experience any load noise, this could be an exceptional hotel with a little work.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
KatieHGITulsa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that you experienced problems during your stay with us--we use all feedback to create opportunities to improve our guest experience through product and service level enhancements. I have routed your comments to each of my department managers for review and correction, and I apologize that you had multiple concerns during this stay. We are currently in the process of regrouting all of the shower-tubs in the hotel, and I have confirmed that the phone was simply not connected correctly. The spa was unfortunately out of order for the weekend due to a mechanical failure that had to be repaired with a new part. I am sorry that you experienced problems, and I have reached out to you through our guest survey program to discuss potential considerations regarding your stay as part of our Hilton Garden Inn Satisfaction Promise that our brand enacted this year. I look forward to hearing from you!

918.838.1444 katie.reed AT hilton.com

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We stayed here, after a heavy snowstorm, so we would be sure to catch our early morning flight. We were able to leave our car for the week, at no additional charge (an excellent benefit). The hotel was great and very enjoyable. The front desk staff were very helpful and pleasant and the room was very nice. Everything about the room was great (bed, furnishings & bath). Even though we were only about 200 hundred yards from the runway, it was very quite. The restaurant was very busy and food and service were good. The only complaint I would have is that, in my opinion, it was overpriced at $140 (high for the Tulsa area). However, given that I was able to park at no additional cost, I was very satisfied overall.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, I really appreciate your comments! I’m glad that you made use of the airport benefits—our parking program ($3/day for guests after checkout or the Park & Fly that includes 7 days parking) is very convenient and one of the most economic parking options at the Tulsa Airport! Coupled with our airport shuttle that runs from 4:30 AM until the last flight arrives, on demand within five minutes, and only a two minute drive either way, we have an unbeatable value for anyone flying in or out of Tulsa!

Thank you again, and we hope to host you in the future!
918.838.1444 katie.reed AT hilton.com

Reviewed 27 October 2011

I recently stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn at The Tulsa Airport when I had to travel back to Joplin, Missouri for my grandfather's funeral and I flew in very late to Tulsa. I chose the Hilton Garden Inn because my husband is a Hilton's Reward Member.

The hotel has a shuttle from the airport which is very nice. It was very late at night and I called the hotel when I landed at the airport and the shuttle was there waiting for me when I got out of the airport. Very nice.

The check in process was fine, the desk clerk professional if not exactly friendly. Got to my room and it was clean but I have to say, the room seemed very dated to me. Don't get me wrong, it was clean, but just seemed like it was stuck in the 90's. The furniture seemed older and the bedding etc was not to what I am used to having in Hilton properties. Also, I could not get the tv to work, something wrong with the remote, I did call down to the front desk and in all fairness, the front desk clerk came down and fiddled with it and got it to work which was nice.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, it is very convenient to the airport, rental cars, etc, but it could use an over haul.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
KatieHGITulsa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2011

Thank you so much for your positive comments, we really appreciate the feedback!

This HGI is one of the first Garden Inns in the entire program—we brought the brand to the state and led the way for Tulsa in particular. That’s why our big renovation this fall has been so pivotal—it’s a major upgrade from our previous furnishings! We completed our new carpet installation throughout the entire hotel in late September, and in early October we upgraded all of the guest televisions to digital and HD programming, in addition to offering the internet at faster speeds and with greater connectivity. We are in the process of remodeling our lobby-restaurant areas in addition to our Pavilion Pantry, and all of the changes are very fresh and modern, in line with the HGI brand expectations and the increased satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you again for your comments, and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2011

The staff is very friendly but they have so much to make up for due to the poorly maintained hotel. It should be a Motel 2 or something less. It is a real blemish on the brand. It seems like when they did things like painting, masking tape was never used. There are too many things to list that you do not expect to find at a Hilton. It looked like they were going to remodel at some point in time but who knows when.

I do not want to sleep in a room that I can hear the person in the next room snoring.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank skycam1
KatieHGITulsa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Thank you for your comments, we appreciate all feedback about our hotel. We are currently in the middle of a renovation as we speak—we have completed a full lobby refresh with new furniture, new carpet, new tile, and new décor items. Now that the lobby is complete, we have moved on to the meat of the hotel: our guest rooms. Each room is receiving a full carpet replacement, in addition to the hallways throughout the property. This process has begun recently, and should complete within the coming month. Once the carpet is fully installed, we will move on to wallpaper throughout the guest rooms and hallways as well. All of these changes are following the completion of our installation of the Garden Sleep System Beds in each room (fully adjustable air ballast mattresses with pillow top covers), 32” flat screen televisions throughout the hotel, and upgrades to both our cable programs as well as the high-speed wireless internet.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future, so you can see all of the changes put together!

Reviewed 25 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel on 23 August. It is directly across the street from the airport and very convenient for a late night arrival and early morning meeting. Staff was courteous and provided some toiletries that I had forgotten to bring with me. Room was clean, bed was comfortable and breakfast was reasonably good. I would stay at this property again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kacclt
KatieHGITulsa, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2011

Thank you so much for your comments! We appreciate being as hospitable as possible, and look forward to hosting you again the future!