“Never Again” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

After arriving late due to lost bags that did not turn up I had to ask for basic items then my bathroom was not clean after 3 hours sleep I crashed and notified staff next morning they were not interested but took $10 off the $180 bill so much for being a member !!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
I am verry sorry the airline lost your bags. But I am glad that we had a few items that you needed at our desk or in our Pantry shop. I am very sorry to hear about the bathroom. I will talk to the associate about this incident. When a complaint is issues they are trained fix the problem however it takes. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the compensation. I have looked up your stay. 189 was not the rate on the reservation it was 139.00 and we discounted it from that number. If you would like give us a call we will see what we can do to make it up to you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is top notch!! The crew and Assistant General Manager Heather went above and beyond. They are truly a class act facility. I have stayed here in the past and booked a couple events here. The people are what make the difference!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
My assistant GM is for sure the best. Thank you so much for the nice comments about her and the staff. We love it when we get to hear how well we have done. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Valrico, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went to tulsa for a football game at UT, had a great time at this property. The staff went above and beyond helping me and my colleagues. Heather the manager on duty made sure we where aware that the hotel was under construction. She allowed us to eat pizza in the lobby as a group to watch the evening games in a family atmosphere. This property was great we'll be back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Go TU! We are happy you decided to stay with us when you came to twon to watch TU play. Yes one of the best things about our lobby is the nice area to relax and meet with others. Don't know if you noticed but we also stock a few board games to play in they lobby. Thank you for the nice comments and please do come back and see us.
Grand Prairie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I always enjoy my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport. I love that is off the highway. The people there are really really nice. I always enjoy my stay at all Hilton properties in Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great comments. We love it when we here nice things from our guests. The staff was all smiles when I shared your comments. Thank you.
Cape Fair, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

We expected an exceptional hotel witht he Hilton name. What we got was average with lots of construction and things that didn't work. Jets didn't work on hot tub. Things in the hall in the way. No breakfast unless you paid $10.95

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Thank you for your comments, We are doing a 100% renovation and only doing 8 rooms at a time. i am sorry you had to walk through the area we are working on to get to your room. Yes Hilton Garden Inn has a full breakfast. With fresh eggs made to order. There is a rate package that dose include breakfast if it is booked. I will check on the whirlpool spa the jets cerculate the watter and bottle I will ensure it is check out to make sure it is running perfectly. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We do our best to provide excellent cutomer service and we are continualy upgrading to better serve our guests.
West Jordan, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

I will start this out by stating that the customer service at this hotel is great, just as many other reviewers have stated. However...everything else was a disaster.

I had selected this hotel as a venue for a weeked business training that myself and some colleagues were facilitating. I had a early impossible time trying to get someone who could actually help me reserve the conference room by phone. I made somewhere close to 10 calls and was constantly transferred from one person to another. I left inumerable messages but never received a call back. Finally, two days before the event, I was finally able to get in touch with someone who was able to set up my conference room reservation. I signed the contract, emailed it back and figured everything was good to go. I was wrong...

When my colleague checked-in at the hotel on Saturday afternoon he asked about verifying the room. They had no record of the reservation or contract. Not only that, the staff informed him that they didn't even have a room named the one that we had reserved (they were very friendly throughout this process - it wasn't their fault). I emailed a copy of the contract and after finally getting in touch with the guy who had made my reservation, they sorted out the mess.

The next morning when we went down to breakfast we found the lights off in the dining room and buffet area. Supposedly, one of the servers had not shown up for their shift. The cook was frantically trying to get thigs ready. I guess he finally had had enough and he just took off. We were left with bacon, sausage, fruit and biscuits to eat. I think the guy eventually came back, but it was long after we had finished our "meals."

There was definitely something wrong with the thermostat in the conference room because we started out the morning freezing cold and by midafternoon, we were sweltering with heat.

On top of that, during our afternoon break, one of our participants went out to her car and came back in with a paper that was left on her windshield stating that her car was going to be towed. Can you imagine?! The hotel knew we had people coming to the property for the training. Yet, they still left those notes on the windshields. When I went to the front desk to get an explanation, I was told that, "There is nothing to worry about. We don't actually start towing until 8:00 pm." I made sure I took down his name and let him know that he would be responsible if any cars were towed.

Later that night after the training, I went to the desk and asked if the shuttle could take me to a local store so that I could pick up a charger for my phone (a service the hotel provides). He radioed the shuttle driver and I waited in the lobby. More than 45 minutes later I went back to the desk to ask about when I could expect the guy to show up. He told me that he could't get the driver to answer the radio and that he had no idea where he was or when he would be back. I bagged the idea and decided to not go to the store.

I did spend two nights in the hotel and I can say that my room (on the first floor) was clean and had apparently been one of the ones that had recently been remodeled. There was a constant faint smell of electrical fire. But other than that the room was fine.

Again, I want to stress that the front desk staff was friendly and helpful throughout this entire fiasco. Unfortunately, there is not much they can do if the facilities don't work or the administrative work for conference rooms isn't handled properly.

I would stay at this hotel again, but I will never use it for conferece room facilities.

Room Tip: From what I heard from other travelers, you definitely want to request one of the remodeled rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I do want to thank you for the comments about the front desk staff. I am not sure what happened with your confrence reservation. We did have a change in the Catering Manager very recently and I am sorry that we didn't provide the excellent service that we expect. We do offer a Airport shuttle as listed on our hotel webpage. We will do our best to accomodate our driver taking guest to the store if the shuttle is not busy with Airport runs. I am sorry it took so long to contact the driver. We did have a server issue that morning and I am truly sorry. It did take awhile to get a manager on property to help out. Again I appologize. Thank you for your comments as we utilize then to do our best to improve our service.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hilton Garden Inn (Tulsa Airport) has a very friendly and helpful staff. Heather who serves as the Assistant General Manager went over and beyond her professional duties to ensure our stay was as enjoyable as possible. I was surprised at the great food as well, due to lack of time I opted to eat at Garden Inn instead of the local restaurants and found myself complimenting the chef and waiting staff. If you visit Tulsa you definitely want to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn (Airport)!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
AndrewLisaFam, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 3 November 2013
I am very thankful for your great comments and the wonderful job the staff is doing. I can't wait to share this with the staff, Both Heather and our food and beverage people will all here about your great trip advisor review. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.