“So-So Airport Hotel”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I live overseas so didn't realise that the Hilton Garden Inn brand is middle-market compared to Hilton Hotels. Should have checked Trip Advisor! This is a conveniently located airport hotel, but it was disappointing, it was more like a motel. Right from the tacky folding automatic front door, to the institutional tiles in the lobby to the rather flippant front desk staff, all of which made an underwhelming first impression. Our room was in a hall where (very much needed) renovations were taking place and so it smelled of paint. The staff was friendly and helpful regarding this and we were quickly moved. The rooms are very basic. The ventilation is very noisy. The breakfast was quite good, with a cooking station for made-to-order warm food. Plus good, attentive wait staff. If you are looking for a basic roadside motel, this is fine. But we won't be booking it on our next business trip to Tulsa.

1  Thank Skib99
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I am very sorry about your time here not being what you expected. HGI is a mid to upper scale Limited service product. We offer a full resturant and other service that a motel do not offer. But if you where expecting a full service 5 star hilton large hotel then I see your expectations would be diffrent.

thank you for the nice comments about our Breakfast wait staff i will share it with them.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport

Reviewed 22 November 2013

very positive experience

Great venue and hotel was very understanding esp. Ms Heather Crenshaw( asst mgr)
Even though hotel was doing some construction, our stay was made comfortable by
hotel staff. Breakfast was simple but food tasted good.

I would stay there again for sure.

1  Thank George S
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for the great comments about our hotel. Heather is very happy about the wonderful comments about her. I have also shared them with the owners. We love to give great service at the hotel and look forward to you comming again and seeing the completed renovation.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

After arriving late due to lost bags that did not turn up I had to ask for basic items then my bathroom was not clean after 3 hours sleep I crashed and notified staff next morning they were not interested but took $10 off the $180 bill so much for being a member !!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

I am verry sorry the airline lost your bags. But I am glad that we had a few items that you needed at our desk or in our Pantry shop. I am very sorry to hear about the bathroom. I will talk to the associate about this incident. When a complaint is issues they are trained fix the problem however it takes. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the compensation. I have looked up your stay. 189 was not the rate on the reservation it was 139.00 and we discounted it from that number. If you would like give us a call we will see what we can do to make it up to you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is top notch!! The crew and Assistant General Manager Heather went above and beyond. They are truly a class act facility. I have stayed here in the past and booked a couple events here. The people are what make the difference!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

My assistant GM is for sure the best. Thank you so much for the nice comments about her and the staff. We love it when we get to hear how well we have done. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Went to tulsa for a football game at UT, had a great time at this property. The staff went above and beyond helping me and my colleagues. Heather the manager on duty made sure we where aware that the hotel was under construction. She allowed us to eat pizza in the lobby as a group to watch the evening games in a family atmosphere. This property was great we'll be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Go TU! We are happy you decided to stay with us when you came to twon to watch TU play. Yes one of the best things about our lobby is the nice area to relax and meet with others. Don't know if you noticed but we also stock a few board games to play in they lobby. Thank you for the nice comments and please do come back and see us.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I always enjoy my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport. I love that is off the highway. The people there are really really nice. I always enjoy my stay at all Hilton properties in Tulsa.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the great comments. We love it when we here nice things from our guests. The staff was all smiles when I shared your comments. Thank you.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

We expected an exceptional hotel witht he Hilton name. What we got was average with lots of construction and things that didn't work. Jets didn't work on hot tub. Things in the hall in the way. No breakfast unless you paid $10.95

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for your comments, We are doing a 100% renovation and only doing 8 rooms at a time. i am sorry you had to walk through the area we are working on to get to your room. Yes Hilton Garden Inn has a full breakfast. With fresh eggs made to order. There is a rate package that dose include breakfast if it is booked. I will check on the whirlpool spa the jets cerculate the watter and bottle I will ensure it is check out to make sure it is running perfectly. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations. We do our best to provide excellent cutomer service and we are continualy upgrading to better serve our guests.