“Below Hilton Garden standards”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport
Ranked #23 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed at about 5 Hilton Garden properties around USA/Canada, they are consistent. This one however disappointed me.

I arrived unplanned one night after midnight (flight problem) and ended up in Tulsa. I saw there were only 2 hotels by the airport, and having had previous good experience with Hilton Garden, I called the hotel, got a room and headed to the hotel.

The agent working had many problems with the computer system, said she could not get me checked in, etc. Finally after quite a wait, she gave me a room assignment and told me to come back in the morning and maybe she could get it all in the computer by then.

5 hours later I was back, as I had an early morning flight. They did get a receipt finally printed for me, but now 2 months later I never got my Hilton points.

Due to flight problems, this was a last minute stay, totally unplanned, and only in the room long enough to take a nap and shower. But it really left a bad taste with me about Hilton Garden, having been so pleased with so many others. The room itself was typical of Hilton Garden, comfortable and clean, it was the lack of customer service at this hotel that turned me off.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

I am very sorry about the system problems you experianced. I would love to help you get your points for your stay. Give us a call and ask for the AGM or GM and we would love to resarch your stay for you and help with the points. thank you for staying with us and bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed here the night before flying out so we wouldn't have far to go in morning traffic. When we arrived, the front desk clerk was having a hard time figuring out some sort of mix-up involving another couple trying to check in. I waited about 15 minutes while she tried to help them, and I heard her mention how another employee was new and didn't know what she was doing (she blamed this employee for the problem). She finally had to hand them off to a manager when another guest came by the desk to charge pantry items to the room that she had just checked these waiting guests into! So I wasn't too impressed by how the visit started off, although it only affected me by causing a lengthy wait to check in.

Our room was fine--it was clean but seemed outdated. We could hear lots of noise from the hallway and every step taken by the people in the room above us. And judging by how early their footsteps started, I'm guessing they had a flight even earlier than ours.

The location so close to the airport is this hotel's redeeming quality. If you have a late night or early morning flight, stay here. If not, Tulsa (and the Hilton brand) have much better options than this.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry about your experiance with the front desk. We are renovating our rooms and are down to our last 15. You might have gotten one of the last few that was not renovated. I hope you will try us again so you can see our new improved product. I will work with the staff on the other issues. Give a call to the hotel and ask for the GM or AGM and we would like to make it up to you and appologize.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Good hotel but no hot water in my room at 6.00 am. Great location for the airport, updated rooms, bed was a little hard. They had this adjustably sleep bed system but it didn't do anything when I turned it from hard to soft. I only stayed one night as a convenience for an early flight. Frustrating as heck when I couldn't get any hot water in the bathroom. Had to shower and shave in cold water. Not fun and no time to mess around and get maintenance in. Guy on reception didn't seem to care much on when I told him at check out. I always use this hotel for my early flights out of Tulsa because of location. Not sure I will again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I am very sorry about the hot water the city turned off the water to the airport location to fix a break over night and it kicked our boiler sensors off line. we Got it started back up by 5:30 am but it was not able to keep up. I am very sorry that the desk associate was not more responsive about the issue. I would love to offer you some compensation if you will contact the Hotel and ask for the GM or AGM. The beds I f you contact us I will also look into what room you stayed in to ensure it is working properly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Great place to stay. Had an early morning flight so checking in the day before worked out well. Dinner was very well done. Staff well trained and friendly. They could not have been more helpful. Also, parking worked out as left car in motel lot and shuttle to airport and back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Duane O.

Thank you fro the very nice comments we try very hard to make every guest stay great. I hope we will get the chance to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Nothing worked......no TV channel access, no ATM access, and telephone was not working properly. Talking to hotel staff got me nowhere. You at least want to be acknowledge and inform of all these problem progress.....someone take charge when there is no manager on duty

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Rodney S.,

I am sorry to hear about your experiance I belive I talked to you the morning you departed. Yes the Cox TV service, and Internet did go down and they were out to work on it. The internet being down for the back office affected the ATM as well. I am sorry you had such a bad stay this is not a typical happening that Cox communication has an issue at our hotel. Again I appologize and I am sorry about the staff not responding quickly as all tv's in guest rooms were affected we had an non stop calls to the desk and we where not able to get to each and every call with the amount of calls comming to the desk. Our MOD the Chief Engineer was on site and working with Cox technitians to get the service back up. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel because it is very convenient to the airport! The staff is always very courteous and the rooms very nice!! They also have airport transportation and very courteous drivers!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Betty C
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for the nice comments. I will share them with the Van driver he will be happy you mentioned him. We hope you come again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My room was clean and well appointed, very comfortable. The Hotel appeared to be undergoing renovations (January 2014) and so the view from the window of the construction site was not very attractive - but you wouldn't be coming to this Hotel for the view! Very convenient for the airport. Great vegetarian choices in the restaurant. My only complaint was that someone in the Hotel seems to like really loud televisions in the public areas. The TV in the exercise room was deafening and I was unable to turn the volume down. Similarly, the TV in the breakfast area was way too loud, and set on a sports channel. Great if you like that sort of thing, but it didn't make for a relaxing breakfast experience for me. Apart from the TV noise, this is a great hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Grayson D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Thank you for the comments. I will look into the TV noise. We try to have sports and new as the two options on the TV's and usually in the morning it should be on news. I will work on this with the staff. Also leaving the volume down. Thank you for staying and we hope you will be back soon.