“Roomy”
Review of Studio 6 Tulsa

Studio 6 Tulsa
Ranked #88 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I like this condo style hotel and it was convenient to the event I was attending. This is my 3rd time to stay at this hotel. I've never had the experiences previous reviewers have had. My stay has always been enjoyable. The check in is prompt and they were very courteous. The penthouse suite I stayed in was clean and there was plenty of hot water, and the loft bed were comfortable. Being a AARP member I received a discount on the room. I will probably be staying here again next year when I return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deeOklahoma

Reviewed 14 March 2009

Hard to believe those others who gave the bad reviews stayed at the same place! I booked the room and then read the reviews later so I was a little worried what I would find. I was very pleasantly surprised! Huge two story "apartment" King sized loft bedroom with it's own bathroom. I was surprised to find how complete the setup was! Dishes to wine glasses. pots and pans too, even a dishwasher! No issues with cleanliness or odors! Very nice staff and I felt very safe there. The location is on it's own cul-de-sac and there's really no reason for people who aren't staying there to be on the property and I didn't see anyone but guests and staff the whole time I was there. I felt it was wrong for people to slam this nice place unfairly so I took some photos while i was there and will post them. A pictures worth a thousand words. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends and family. I'm going back there next week for 4 days.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2008

We were on the road, relying on our AAA Guidebook to find us a hotel. We had planned to make Oklahoma City, but ran out of energy so we stopped early. This was rated 3 Diamonds (out of 5) which is a pretty good rating considering I've only seen a handful of 5 star places.

We called ahead and all they had left was a "Penthouse Suite" for $99. With the AAA discount that was knocked down about 15%. Not a bad price for a "Penthouse" with a kitchen.

We arrived at 11pm. The Hoel is easy to find, just off I-44 a couple blocks. The area looked OK - car dealership & a Burger KIng. There was a policeman outside eating pizza and talking to a local, and a group of 12 twenty-somethings talking about clubbing in the parking lot.

The hotel is a collection of smaller buildings (think condos). The lobby was run-down, no-frills. No bullet-proof glass, but maybe the next level up. No chairs or decorations. Stucco walls. One person on duty. She seemed nice, though.

The "Penthouse" was around the back and up a flight of narrow wooden stairs. As I brought my bags up, the fellow downstairs kept opening his door and staring at me.

We'll start with the good. The room is huge. Fireplace. Lots of space. Two floors with a king size bed in the loft, a pull-out couch and a Queen Murphy bed (pull down from the wall). A full kitchen with breakfast bar. The Internet works well (no wireless - cable-only) -- I'm writing this on it now as we are packing. AC works. No funny smells, looks relatively clean with newer carpet.

Now the bad. The bathrooms are dirty. The one upstairs is unusable - dirty shower stall, sink doesn't work, toilet over in the corner, but doesn't flush right away. The there are loose tiles on the floor. The one downstairs is larger, and newer, but dusty in the corners and moldy wallpaper and ceiling. Missing or loose caulking and Doesn't look clean.

The kitchen is straight from 1971. Shabby shelving with various electrical parts exposed, dust, and one had a collapsing top. There was a microwave, stove and full refridge, but I wouldn't use any of the supplied kitchenware.

During the middle of the night my wife woke up to go to the bathroom and found a cockroach. She chased it around the toilet and flung it in and flushed it down. EEwwww! The rule with cockroaches is: See one, don't see the other thousand hiding in the cracks.

THe ceiling and walls are discolored. The wall in the kitchen is disgusting. The desk I'm writing on is OK. The chair is about 10 years old, but on a par with what you might have in your basement. The sofabed is at least 10 years old, but typical of your basic low-quality hotel.

For the price we paid, I'd rather stay elsewhere. I'm not sure $30 isn't too much. This is only for the long-term guest who needs the stove and full-size refridge. If your just traveling, stay at the Comfort Suites or Ramada.

I'm not sure about the recent reviewer who claimed it was the best she ever stayed at. I've stayed at worse, but not many.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2008

We checked in at 3:00 and left that night at 10:30. There was trash behind the murphy bed, no hot water, a closet door that fell off when we opened it, a bathroom that was so urine-drenched we couldn't even open the door. We thought we could live with all of that , but when the cockroaches (yes, plural) came out at night we called the front desk (AGAIN--when we called before they offered us a smaller room with no compensation) and demanded a full refund. The staff was unapologetic and rude. We took all three of our kids to a south Tulsa Marriott for better accommodations and less money. We were disgusted by the room and the service we received when we reported the problems.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank endrow
Reviewed 27 December 2007

This is an economical roomy place to stay. It is showing a little age here and there, but overall they are a good place to stay. Becarefull to check the room when you get there before unloading the car and check for hot water and basic functions because I have had to change rooms before because something wasn't working right . They have a full kitchen setup and some rooms have fireplaces. They are pet friendly for $10.00 extra. They have a basic continental breakfast + hot waffels in a small eating area. (Next time I think I am going to just take some frozen breakfast and heat it up in the microwave.) Last summer I stayed there and the pool area was small but pretty good. Staff has been very nice.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2007

My 5-star rating is when considering value for the price.

At first when we walked into the room, we were a little disgusted. There were water spots on the ceiling, the couch was old and stained, the mattress a little concave, and decor severely outdated. It looked like the typical rundown motel room.

However, I must say that it was extremely clean, and a room with a full kitchen (including dishwasher, which was surprising), living room area, and bathroom vanity area for $55/night is hard to come by. I liked that the room had a thermostat you could adjust, and not the usual hotel heat/AC unit. TV had a VHS player, and the front desk had a very nice selection of movies on VHS for guests to borrow(complimentary, of course). We utilitized the tennis court while we were there; it was small, but adequate. Some of the loaner tennis raquets were in better shape than others. Free continental breakfast included waffles, and I really like waffles. so that was cool.

Bottom line: Once we got used to the appearance of the room and the drag races taking place late at night, we had a ball. I would definitely recommend this place, for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2007

We booked here because we saw great reviews, and 3 stars on Orbitz. This is a 1 star hotel. It may be great for sports teams, because it is a dump. Our room was so old it couldn't possibly be cleaned. It was dark, dreary, depressing. Walkways were cigarette ridden, spider webs everywhere. It was disgusting. We left after one night.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple