“This is not a new or even a worn, but a...”
Review of Studio 6 Tulsa

Studio 6 Tulsa
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 8 March 2010

This is not a new or even a worn, but a 'spent' property. According to the managers (late manager and the morning manager) this was a condo and then a series of hotels. It seems like an old Hathorne Suite or a very old Marriott Inn. The layout of individual room is good and the manager said that they bought the property a little over a year. We paid $47 a night for one queen bed and $54 for two beds. Each has a sofa, full kitchen, desk and swivel/adjusting chair. The rooms are great if it were new, but they are not. They are more like 1980's. For the $50/night it is a good value is you can get beyond the worn look. The carpets are extremely worn and spotted, but it is clean. I walked in my white cotton socks and they were NOT filthy. The bathrooms were clean. All the faucets leaked, but worked and there was plenty of hot water. My wife would gave left if it was dirty, but was not, just tired. The manager said that the property was not built as a comercial hotel, but residential but turned to public later. It was a good value for a cheap space when we needed to be there for the weekend when our close relative was in the hospital.

There are newer reviews for Studio 6 Tulsa

Reviewed 17 January 2010

Just read the reviews and decided to comment. During a cross country trip I stayed here five days in early May 2009, I called to make the reservation the night before my arrival and spoke with the manager, Jay. He was very polite and accommodating and gave me the AAA rate for the four nights I stayed. When I checked in I found that my assigned room was on the second floor at the back of the building. I felt that wasn't a safe location for a single woman traveling alone. I requested and was given a first floor suite, immediately with no problem. The room did Not smell and everything seemed clean. In the bathroom I noticed previous leakage on the ceiling and a corner of the wallpaper was curled up. This is an older 3 star rated establishment which has not had a complete remodel. Internet access was a priority for me and initially there were problems with that twice. Both times management responded quickly and worked on it until the problem was fixed. During my stay management was responsive and all interactions with the Manager and four other staff persons were pleasant. The Breakfast bar was outstanding. I plan to stay here on a future visit.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2009

ok, we took our youth group to this hotel again because our last stay was soo great. this time they put us in the rooms to the left side of the hotel, these rooms were groose. carpet torn, leaks, just a dirty cheap feel in general. this was a huge surprise because last time we stayed on the right side of the hotel which is newly remodeled and it has a beautiful home type feel.

i think we will stay here again just because we can fit soo many kids in a room for the price and the free breakfast, but next time we will make sure to stay on the right side of the hotel because those rooms are clearly remodeled and beautiful.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Arrived at the hotel in the early am and checked in. Went to the room and it was filty dirty and had a bad odor. The bathrooms were dirty.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2009

1. Lock on door would not unlock after I got some of my stuff in the room. I had to wait outside while they attempted to open the door and fix the lock. This took forever. Staff was nice during the entire event.

2. Get in room there is plaster peeling off of the ceiling, which looks like there had been a water leak from the room above.

3. water in the vanity area will not stop running. I could not turn it off, so I turned it off under the sink because I am just tired and do not feel like another hour wasted with someone attempting to fix the problem.

4. Light on desk doesn't work. I asked for them to fix it, yet it is not fixed

5. Carpet is wet where water came in some how through the sliding class doors and the carpet is soaked on that side of the bed

6. Unable to use the fireplace that is supposed to be part of the room because they are out of the logs that can be used with it. I was told that I could go to the store and buy some. It is below 30 degrees and thought a fire would be nice. My mistake

I would have went somewhere eles, but I had paid for the entire stay and could not afford to go to another hotel with out a refund

I will post photos when I get home and you will see that I am not lying

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I like this condo style hotel and it was convenient to the event I was attending. This is my 3rd time to stay at this hotel. I've never had the experiences previous reviewers have had. My stay has always been enjoyable. The check in is prompt and they were very courteous. The penthouse suite I stayed in was clean and there was plenty of hot water, and the loft bed were comfortable. Being a AARP member I received a discount on the room. I will probably be staying here again next year when I return.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deeOklahoma
Reviewed 14 March 2009

Hard to believe those others who gave the bad reviews stayed at the same place! I booked the room and then read the reviews later so I was a little worried what I would find. I was very pleasantly surprised! Huge two story "apartment" King sized loft bedroom with it's own bathroom. I was surprised to find how complete the setup was! Dishes to wine glasses. pots and pans too, even a dishwasher! No issues with cleanliness or odors! Very nice staff and I felt very safe there. The location is on it's own cul-de-sac and there's really no reason for people who aren't staying there to be on the property and I didn't see anyone but guests and staff the whole time I was there. I felt it was wrong for people to slam this nice place unfairly so I took some photos while i was there and will post them. A pictures worth a thousand words. I would highly recommend this to any of my friends and family. I'm going back there next week for 4 days.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business