“Not a place to stay”

Ranked #70 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Washougal, Washington
“Not a place to stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I'm not a big writer of reviews but this place the service/ attitude was so bad that I wanted to warn you. We were here for a horse show and we wanted a place to stay that was decent and close. The location is great but the room was sub par. The staff is rude and with a sub par facility, forget this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank shadow822

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Mustang, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 November 2010

I have stayed here several times over the years because of functions I had at the Tulsa fairgrounds. The hotel smells of cigarrettee smoke, the employees are rude, and the carpets are dirty, but I could stomach that for 1 night. This particular day, I asked for an early check in at 1:00 pm. The manager, Mary, told me check in was strictly at 4:00 PM. I asked her to call and ask housekeeping if there were rooms cleaned. She promptly called me an [--], and hung up on me! I called back to talk with a manager, and she told me she was the manager and that "No, she did not know who owned the motel" and hung up again. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank DocNess

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Ephrata, Washington
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed for a week, the room was clean each day. The employees were rude on several occasions. When we asked for extra towels we were told that there are plenty in the room and asked why we needed more. When we asked for another blanket they told us that what was in the room was all there is. The employees were so rude we started to avoid the front desk. Then a maid in the hallway was especially rude when we were trying to get to our room and had to get by her cart. The continental breakfast was extremely limited. Muffins, oatmeal and coffee. I'd have to be desperate to stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
Reviewed 21 June 2010

$40 was charged to my credit card after I left saying 3 towels had been ruined by makeup. Would have probably bought that, but the woman who was checking out as I was checking in, was disputing her $40 towel charge, because of the same reason.

The makeup I use does not stain my own towels, how can it stain theirs. She first told me that I could have the towels, then she told me that they just had to throw them away. I use a washcloth, not a towel and was charged $40.

Stay at the Double Tree, it will cost you exactly the same amount and you'll have a better stay!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank reinertoo
Chanute, Kansas
Reviewed 26 April 2010

The complaint I wrote has been resolved. Turned out one of my friends had not brought her cash into the hotel (prob smart) gave her her card after I had given her my card. Instead of charging her card she charged mine. I never even knew my friend had given her a card at all. So problem resolved and my friend is mailing me the money.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My son and I were doing a campus visit to the University of Tulsa and needed a place that didn't cost a lot and was close to the campus. We found both at the Inn at Expo Square. All of the chain hotels were way out by the airport or on the far east or south side of town -- the Inn was 5 minutes south of the campus. It's a former Microtel that is now independently owned. It was clean and neat, but the hallway outside our room was stifling hot for some reason. I told the front desk about it the next morning and they seemed surprised and said they would get maintenance on it. The room itself was comfortable. The A/C was kind of loud when it cycled on and off, which it did all night. The continental breakfast was kind of skimpy on choices but all we really needed was a quick bite since we had early business at the university.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank siestabug
oklahoma
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We came to Tulsa last year for our anniversary and we stayed here, due to it was close to the fairgrounds. It was great. The staff were friendly, it was clean, and they were very helpful in things to do in Tulsa. This will be hotel of choice on our next vist to Tulsa.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple