“Clean rooms rude employees”
Review of Expo Inn

Expo Inn
Ranked #53 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We stayed for a week, the room was clean each day. The employees were rude on several occasions. When we asked for extra towels we were told that there are plenty in the room and asked why we needed more. When we asked for another blanket they told us that what was in the room was all there is. The employees were so rude we started to avoid the front desk. Then a maid in the hallway was especially rude when we were trying to get to our room and had to get by her cart. The continental breakfast was extremely limited. Muffins, oatmeal and coffee. I'd have to be desperate to stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2010

$40 was charged to my credit card after I left saying 3 towels had been ruined by makeup. Would have probably bought that, but the woman who was checking out as I was checking in, was disputing her $40 towel charge, because of the same reason.

The makeup I use does not stain my own towels, how can it stain theirs. She first told me that I could have the towels, then she told me that they just had to throw them away. I use a washcloth, not a towel and was charged $40.

Stay at the Double Tree, it will cost you exactly the same amount and you'll have a better stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank reinertoo
Reviewed 26 April 2010

The complaint I wrote has been resolved. Turned out one of my friends had not brought her cash into the hotel (prob smart) gave her her card after I had given her my card. Instead of charging her card she charged mine. I never even knew my friend had given her a card at all. So problem resolved and my friend is mailing me the money.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2010

My son and I were doing a campus visit to the University of Tulsa and needed a place that didn't cost a lot and was close to the campus. We found both at the Inn at Expo Square. All of the chain hotels were way out by the airport or on the far east or south side of town -- the Inn was 5 minutes south of the campus. It's a former Microtel that is now independently owned. It was clean and neat, but the hallway outside our room was stifling hot for some reason. I told the front desk about it the next morning and they seemed surprised and said they would get maintenance on it. The room itself was comfortable. The A/C was kind of loud when it cycled on and off, which it did all night. The continental breakfast was kind of skimpy on choices but all we really needed was a quick bite since we had early business at the university.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank siestabug
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We came to Tulsa last year for our anniversary and we stayed here, due to it was close to the fairgrounds. It was great. The staff were friendly, it was clean, and they were very helpful in things to do in Tulsa. This will be hotel of choice on our next vist to Tulsa.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank famliygirl
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We checked in to this hotel late at night. It was the closest/cheapest hotel to St. Johns medical that we could get into when my father had a stoke while we were visiting relatives in Oklahoma. We were already stressed and tired. The front lobby was basic, the halls were dirty and smelled bad. The first room we got smelled horrible of stale smoke. The second room smelled only slightly better, but the floors were nasty dirty, the decor old and sleezy feeling,with a mirror for a headboard. The bedspreads were dirty and stained. It felt so dirty, we slept in our clothes. Breakfast was stale bagel and packaged muffins. The breakfast area was dirty and not stocked with much. We don't stay at fancy, expensive hotels, mainly basic ones. But this place was bad. We tell the story of it as our worst night in a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank okievisitor
Reviewed 23 March 2008

This is a budget hotel through and through. If you have business on the fairgrounds or in the immediate area this is a great location, as long as you are not fussy.

I paid an extra $10 for a suite which had a separate sitting area, fridge and microwave. It was worth it. Everything from linins, towels, furnishings to the room itself was basic and budget. The room was somewhat clean, clean enough not to complain, but it could have been better.

The breakfast was stale muffins and bagels, not worth the effort.

I had laid out some plastic cups, spoons, tea and other items on the kitchen counter. The next day were they were all gone, housekeeping took them. The overall value was under $5 but it was annoying.

I’m not sure I’d stay here again, it was just too budget, and housekeeping taking my stuff has me wary

• Stayed: November 2007