“Horrible”

Quality Suites
Ranked #83 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

The pool didn't have heat, the pool room was cold, the computer monitor didn't work & my iPad never could find the wireless internet! I understand things happen that are out of your control, but when the girl at the front desk was informed of these things, she basically just shrugged her shoulders and said "we didn't know about that" or"we've never had a problem with that before". Not once did she apologize or say she would get someone on it. I won't stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

Very dissapointed. Carpet ripped/torn, paint chipped, bathroom ceiling collapsing, toilet too close to vanity (had to remove toilet paper to even use toilet), no heat, work space desk very wobbly (loose leg), remote did not work on one TV. I've spent more than 45 nights this year at Choice Hotels, this is the worst I've stayed at this year. Most of these things I kept noticing the longer I was in the room. After traveling a long way today, I was too tired to change rooms. I really don't think it meets the Choice Hotel standards

By the time I checked in, it was too late to cancel and move on.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Joplin, MO
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

There were some good things about the Quality Suites, but overall it was one of the worst places I've ever stayed. First the good things: the room was clean, the decor was pretty, and the people were nice. There were many negative aspects though.
In the room, there were two TVs, both with fuzzy reception. The upholstery on the couch was ripped in several places, and there was marked water stains on the counter.
The small pool was terrible, with cloudy water and much dirt on the floor of the pool. The hot tub water was gray, and there were several broken lounge chairs propped up against the wall.
The "Q" breakfast was disappointing. Two cups of coffee had a layer of coffee grounds at the bottom of my cup. Although there was a sign featuring bacon and eggs, but there was no meat served in the breakfast. When I asked about this, I was told there was sausage, but that the "sausage was in the gravy." In general, the kitchen was not monitored, cleaned and filled during breakfast.
Otherwise, the motel was just dirty and dingy. For example, the elevator floor was smeary, and the stairways and floors were dirty. In addition, the stairway was possibly hazardous, with loose carpeting and sharp-edged railings.
For the price, I would have expected at least an average "quality" stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank osln
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Room was clean and location convenient. The hot tub was more like a stagnant pond and the pool less than properly cleaned, which were major disappointments to the two young ladies (granddaughters). Does take medium size dogs but with temps well-over 100F, the room was still in the 80's even after midnight.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

I stayed here for 1 night only on a recent trip to Tulsa. The hotel is located right off the interstate, so it was very convenient. The front desk staff were friendly, and check in was a breeze. The room is a great value. Not fancy, but very clean. The parking lot is well lit. The continental breakfast was decent, but not the best I've had. Some of the food had run out an hour before the breakfast was scheduled to be over. However, all in all, this is a great stay for your money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank LADONNA R
Peoria Heights, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel during our Route 66 trip and OMG is all i am going to say!!!

So first we went to check it and the first thing we smelt was someone smoking weed. Second after getting 6 rooms, yeah big family and a lot of money spent, we found smoke detectors unplugged or broken, bed sheets burned and ripped. Third while unloading our vehicles and having our hands full trying to open the doors the lazy rude desk attendant jut looked at me and went back to looking at his computer. Once in the main lobby he pointed and said oh there is a luggage cart somewhere over there. REALLY thanks for the help...NOT!!!

Finally the last draw for me was when i caught him just watching my wife and my cousin in the pool. When i walked by him all he said was i am stocking the kitchen. That was the ONLY time i saw him off his lazy [--].

BEWARE OF THIS HOTEL!!! THE GENERAL MANAGER LYNDA BASICALLY CALLED ME AND MY FAMILY A LIAR WHEN WE TOLD HER ABOUT IT.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LindaHaynes, General Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
This was a very unfortunate incident. We never heard a complaint from this group until after two members of their group got into a very heated argument in the lobby of the hotel on the morning they were checking out. This argument led to them screaming and cussing each other and proceeded to go outside. I followed them outside and asked if I needed to call the police. I was promptly told to keep my nose out of it, that it was a family matter.At this point the two that were fighting, came nose to nose with one another. I asked them to please control the argument and was again told to stay out of it. I replied that if they could not quit the screaming and cussing that I would call the police. This was when the one man told me, that they should not have stayed at our hotel because when they came in my front desk clerk was smoking a joint and that they found a joint out in our parking lot. I explained to them that I did not believe he had smoked a joint and my reason for this was that I was leaving the hotel to go to the bank as their group was arriving. But that I would review our video cameras. At that point then he started complaining that the front desk clerk never offered to help open the doors on their arrival or even offer to help with their luggage. This is not a full service hotel and we do not have bellmen. But, again I told them that I would review the video cameras. At this point, the two people that were mad at each other were busy being mad at me, so I came inside to review the camera. After investigating their complaints about my fd clerk, I approached them in the lobby and offered to let the review the video camera of the fd clerk. It clearly showed that after I left and between the time that they arrived, he had not smoked anything in the hotel or at the front desk. It also showed him standing at the front desk upon their arrival and does show him pointing to the luggage cart. They refused to watch the recorded video and became more angry and started claiming he was ogleing their wives. I am so sorry this situation happened and this group became angry when I confronted them about their screaming and cussing at the hotel, until then there was never a word said about being unhappy about anything. And I will admit that there was a smoke detector missing from one of the rooms they were staying in. This had not been reported and was replaced after they left. As they were leaving two of the ladies in the group apologized for all that had gone on that morning and I told them not to worry about what had happened and I wished them a safe trip.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012 via mobile

15-20 minutes after we got to our room we received a call from the front desk. We were asked if the room was up to standards and if we needed anything. The room was clean and neat, but dated. Well worth the price. Next time we come to Tulsa we will stay here again.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Scott M
LindaHaynes, Manager at Quality Suites, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. Our goal is for every guest to leave here happy and their visit to be a memorable one. We strive to meet everyones needs and hope to see you again in the future.