“very nice”

Hilton Garden Inn Tulsa Midtown
Ranked #9 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We enjoyed our night at the Tulsa Hilton garden inn and wished we could have stayed longer. Lo vely, comfortable lobby and loved the library. Staff was very nice and helpful. Nicest of the Hilton Garden Inns I have stayed at.

4  Thank Sheila O

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We always have a great stay at HGI and remain loyal customers. This location lives up to high standards, welcoming staff, attention to detail, and always clean and well maintained. The front desk and restaurant staff were very friendly and concerned with making our stay great. I also like HGI's outdoor seating spaces, very comfortable for early morning coffee.

5  Thank Cindy E
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to Tulsa for a funeral. Location is good near freeway. Close to local park with jogging trail. Staff friendly. Given special rate due to funeral stay. Suite didn't have door on bedroom so no privacy to sitting area and bedroom. Motorcycle rally that weekend so had 40-50 Harley's there which made it noisy late at night for sleeping.

4  Thank Stuart S
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed the weekend after driving from Houston. The front desk clerk was helpful, the custodial staff was professional and the restaurant staff was excellent. The rooms were perfect the beds were comfortable. All the amenities were great ( pool, spa.....etc.) Really felt like staying at home!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank 022728
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is beautiful on the grounds and lobby and the rooms are nice too. My only complaint was that we got a room on the first floor and it was noisy. I expected it while the pool was open but with the function going on in the town the noise was frequent. I called the front desk at 3 am and she told me it wasn't the norm and suggested a few things we could do to lessen the noise and it worked. She offered us complementary breakfast in return and I found that very gracious. I will just ask for an upper floor room from now on but a very nice hotel

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank Kenzie235
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Beds were comfortable. Food was good. Staff nice. Clean room. Would stay here again as I go back and forth. I had a wonderful nights sleep. I felt very safe and secure staying here. I always look at attention to detail with the cleaning staff, on how clean the floors, light switches, door handles are. this was up to my standards of clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Rhonda W
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked at this hotel for one night with my mom and niece, who is currently expecting a baby. The lobby area is very nice, with lots of seating space and space to relax. however, we must discuss the beds...I cannot believe these beds are in use and that travelers are not revolting about the quality and lack of comfort of these beds. I have even considered that we stayed in the "secret room" they give to those who score a low room rate, but ruled that out as too paranoid. The beds have no give at all...sit on them, lay on them, punch them in utter desperation and I defy you to get any level of comfort or cushion from these beds. They are "mounted" on a particle board type platform that is set into the decorative bed frame. No box spring of any sort! the mattress itself has control dials on either side that control the firmness of the matress which, according to the front desk person I called at almost midnight begging for help or another room that holds the good beds, adjusts to your positioning after 10 minutes. Poppycock! Did not happen and the three of us who endured a night on these beds can attest to this fact. Awful sleeping experience and will never stay at this brand again due to the most uncomfortable night's sleep I' ve had since my slumber party days sleeping on the floor! One other thing...I was able to get a lower rate with my AARP card. The hotel's own website offered the rate that came with a 2pm checkout. when I tried to confirm this at the front desk, was told they did not know of this offering, so I told them I would bring my iPad down and show them. When I did, a male manager and female desk clerk said they knew nothing of it. i showed them it was their own website that offered this rate and the male argued with me that they knew nothing of it. They finally honored it, but only because I stood my ground and had the rate with their website and address on the screen. Beware...if you book thisrate, confirm and take proof! Call me crazy, but a hotel manager may want to make it his/her business to know what their website is offering so they can meet expectations of the many guests who book online. the best part of the stay was Claudia in the restaurant...she was very pleasant, helpful and made us feel welcome!!!! I give her 5 dots, but cannot say the same about the rest of our visit.

Room Tip: Do not recommend this hotel at all.