“It must be the beds!”
Review of Ramada Tulsa

Ranked #12 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here after leaving NM and knew we didn't want to stay at the other hotel for when we headed out west. We arrived in the early afternoon without a reservation and in hopes of getting a room and we were in luck! The Front Desk clerk didn't seem too happy, but it could be because she had just gotten reamed out on the phone. The one thing I didn't like about how she handled the phone call was that she kept putting the blame on her boss, I believe his name was Don. The more professional way would have been, I can look into it and have the manager get back to you. She was a little short with us, but I understand because she had just gotten an earful and it is sometimes difficult to put a smile on after something like that. So we get checked in, and I guess she didn't believe we didn't have a dog with us and made me sign a waiver, we didn't have our dog with us as he was 750 miles away at home...I only wish he could have made the trip with us! When we walked out to get our bags, a kid was skateboarding through the parking lot, so we thought to ourselves might be best to bring in the $300's worth of boards in for the night, also after that kid went through, there were two police officers who drove through and parked by the adjacent hotel and chatted. Never know if police presence is a good sign or bad, and the property is located in a mixed land use area. When we came back in, the clerk just gave us a weird look because we had the boards tucked under our arms, but it was all good. Trotted up the 2 flights of stairs (didn't know there was an elevator until I read some reviews later on in the night) and found our room. It was very nice. Coffee maker was in the bathroom which is kinda gross, but I don't drink coffee so it is all good. I did post pictures of our room please feel free to look at them! We got settled in for the night, I was up bright and early (which was the plan) but my teenage daughter slept in! This is the first time in the week we had been on the road that she slept so soundly! I'm guessing it was the bed!! The shower isn't for tall people....I'm 5'7 and had to bend a little backwards to wash my hair. The breakfast was nothing special, waffles, pastries, cereal and juice, but again, if you have read my reviews, I'm not a big breakfast person. At about 8 or 9 a.m. Jet's started taking off, not sure if that is an everyday occurrence or just happens once in awhile, but if you are one to sleep in, you might not be happy with that. Our room was on the East side close to the freeway and it wasn't that noisy, just in the am.

Also, quick note, this hotel does deserve a 5, but when I am TOLD to give a 5 rating at Trip Advisor, I ding the property for it. The clerk who checked us out in the morning instead of saying, "If you enjoyed your stay, please review us at Trip Advisor" but she said "Make sure to give us a 5 at Trip Advisor".

Room Tip: If highway noise bothers you, ask for a room on the west side 2nd floor away from the freeway.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RamadaTulGM, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your constructive feedback of our hotel. We appreciate your comments and thorough review. Your opinion is extremely valuable to us, and your input will be reviewed and acted upon at all levels within Ramada Tulsa as part of our continuous effort to improve your satisfaction with our company and our services. Constantly looking for ways to improve upon our guests' experience is of paramount important and we welcome any suggestions.

As part of our ongoing commitment to providing quality service to our guests, guests are encouraged to share their feedback publicly on online with TripAdvisor, and staff monitors, analyzes and acts on feedback in an effort to improve our services and become a better hotel for our valued guests. As we do believe that getting negative feedback is as important as getting positive feedback staff is not instructed to recommend a particular review score. For that I do extend my sincerest apologies. We will be using your review as an example in
upcoming staff training programs so we may prevent similar issues in the future and so that our employees can better understand how their actions can impact the guest experience.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments, which are important for our continual improvement. We hope that you give us the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

At your service,

Reviewed 23 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
RamadaTulGM, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doris T
RamadaTulGM, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant, great breakfast, and friendly staff, very clean rooms, and very nice amenities, very nice pool very relaxing, comfy bed, plenty of pillows, air conditioner worked great kept the room just how I liked it

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Andrew,

Thank you very kindly for sharing your feedback about your recent experience at the Ramada Tulsa. We wholeheartedly appreciate the gracious comments about our great breakfast, our very pleasant and friendly staff, that you found our rooms, with their comfy beds and plenty of pillows, as well as, the great air conditioner, to be very clean, and our amenities, including our very relaxing pool, to be nice.

Much Thanks,

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My say was very nice rooms were very clean staff was very helpful. The breakfast was very good.
The swimming pool was small but very nice.

Plenty of parking space for cars truck and trailer, moving vehicles ect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Flo,

Thank you for your 5-star review of the Ramada Tulsa! We were glad to hear that your stay was very nice, that the rooms were very clean, and that our professional staff was very helpful. Your additional comment about our breakfast was a welcomed nod to our whole complex of qualities and amenities our gem of a hotel has to offer our guests.

We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to the Tulsa area!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 7 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Robin L
RamadaTulGM, General Manager at Ramada Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014