“Great service in renovation.”

Comfort Inn Midtown
Ranked #37 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Great service in renovation.”
Reviewed 22 November 2011

We stayed here during a quick trip to Tulsa. At the time of booking, Tamara was polite, helpful, informative and very efficient. On our arrival we received a warm welcome and our guests that met us were also met with a warm welcome (they arrived before us, so with a quick call they were allowed to check in before us). We were traveling with a rescue dog that we rescued that day and we were so appreciative of a clean hotel that didn't charge an "arm and leg" for a dog, which is usually what we here when mentioning we have a pet.

The room was normal size of a hotel room with two double beds. The room was clean, free of mold and hairs in the bathroom, and the sheets and towels were relatively
new.

The hotel is under a bit of renovation that I hope they continue with. The hotel was a bit dated but they seem to be working on it. The renovation does not affect the guest, so don't let that bother you during booking. The hotel is clean, friendly and affordable!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was very affordable, clean rooms. They were upgrading to flat screen tv's and doing some cosmetic remodeling. Would stay again when in town.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank tamilita12
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I was extremely disappointed in this hotel. For one thing, I called to make a reservation even though I was arriving that evening. I was given a rate of $59. I was extremely upset when I walked out the next morning (a Saturday) and noticed a big sign outside that said "Weekend Rate $39". But the thing that really disappointed me was the fact that the A/C in my room did not work correctly. Even though I had the thermostat cranked down to 63, the room must have been more like 78. The halls and lobby were much cooler than my room. When I complained, the girl told me that I needed to turn the fan on "On" instead of "Auto". I tried to tell her that it was not the fan, it was the temperature. That even though the A/C would run, it wouldn't cool. She told me that she could control it from some place and she would do some thing and for me to wait 45 minutes or so and if it didn't cool down she would try to move me but that they didn't have any more rooms downstairs (some thing I found hard to believe since I only saw 2 other people on the floor). Also, the outside door that you are supposed to have to use your key card to get in for security reasons, was open to anyone at all times of the day and night. Did not give me a real safe feeling. There was a room down the hall with a leak that had saturated the carpet in the hall outside it. All they did was set up wet floor signs. There was no attempt to dry it. The hotel is getting older and needed a lot of tlc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AgilityCardiMom

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 29 July 2011

With current road construction, getting in wasn't the easiest thing ever, but it wasn't impossible. The hotel is located in a vast, unkept parking lot - don't expect any kind of scenery. The front desk lady was quick and courteous, and she called the room to make sure everything was okay.

Everything worked in the room, although the shower curtain smelled faintly of mildew and there was water damage to the walls above the shower.

The bed was awesome! And the wireless internet worked! (With my work laptop, this is not trivial!)

The hotel is located well for leaving - right next to the highway. And the breakfast seemed good. (I got my banana and coffee, but there was a bunch of other stuff too.)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Indiana
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We stayed at this same hotel approximately 5 years ago - pre-construction nightmare - and were EXTREMELY pleased, which is why we chose to stay here again this trip.

We were still very happy with the room itself - the bed is comfortable, good pillows, clean linens - but here are a few things that are bothersome, and make me wonder if we would stay again in another 5 years.

The TV needs replaced - we actually had to "bump" it a few times to clear the picture.

In multiple places throughout the entire hotel, the wallpaper is literally peeling off the walls.

The pool needed a good cleaning, and at least turning on the pump so there weren't bugs floating in it would have helped. The color of the water wasn't exactly what I would call crystal clear, either.

We stayed 5 nights, and the washing machine was out of order the entire time. We are a family of four, and to save suitcase space, I usually do laundry once or twice during a week's stay, so this was a big disappointment.

A couple of times, the elevator smelled like urine - I can only surmise that this is due to the hotel being very pet-friendly, which I'm not opposed to, per-se, but still....

On the upside - the breakfast is good and well-supplied. The staff is friendly and helpful...for the most part. There was one girl on duty in the mornings who wasn't particularly helpful and friendly....but she was not bad enough to ruin the average. And, again, the room was spacious, clean, and comfortable.

There are brand new hotels going up all over Tulsa, one in particular immediately next door to Baymont Inn. Baymont needs to work hard to stay on top of their game, or even the relatively inexpensive price isn't going to be enough to keep people coming back in the long run.

That being said...we all wondered if that new hotel going up is, in fact, a new Baymont....I guess time will tell, and if it is, that might explain their lack of attention to structure details in the current hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 2 July 2011

The beds were wonderful and the room quiet. Every interaction with the front desk was helpful and pleasant. Breakfast was mediocre. I stayed two day and the pool was closed for maintenance the only day I could have sneaked in a swim. Tulsa road construction is a mess right now, so just approach from Yale, if you stay here.

Room Tip: No rooms had great view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Arkansas
Reviewed 19 April 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our recent anniversary trip to tulsa. It was a but confusing to find even with our GPS, but they can't help that because of the construction all around. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. Our room was beautiful and spacious. Even though I got a deep discount for being a national hotel employee... Just researching the rate online they had great rates! Breakfast was continental but a big plus was the waffle maker. It was the second hotel I've stayed at that had one. All in all I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay again. Plus, it wasn't very far from anywhere I wanted to go, whether it was shopping or the aquarium.

• Stayed April 2011