“Wonderful dinner”

Big Anthony's BBQ
Ranked #137 of 1,336 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Description: Family owned and operated, Tulsa's Best "little" BBQ Restaurant. We hard-wood smoke our "meat candy" ribs every day. Come early, when the ribs sell out the lights turn off. We offer a variety of smoked meats, BBQ dinners and Family pack options for dine in or to-go. We also offer corporate catering, party and event services and delivery for our business orders.
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Found this place from reviews on yelp, and we weren't disappointed at all... When we first drove up, the outside was underwhelming, but take a step inside and you will enter a really cute place with amazing aromas.

I took my servers advice and had the brisket with mashed potatoes and the bacon and cabbage. YUM!

Everyone was incredibly friendly. The only downside is that I am only visiting for a few days. Guess I'll need to schedule another trip to tulsa! :-)

There are newer reviews for Big Anthony's BBQ

Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Went Sunday after grand sons soccer game. 9 of us all had the buffet. Great service and good food. I enjoyed the rib ends and green beans the most. Others liked the ribs and sweet potatoes. We like out of town but I'm sure my kids will be back.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We found Big Anthony's in a strip mall next to a Chinese restaurant and thought twice about going in. As strangers to Tulsa, we would normally go to a recognizable named restaurant or at least one with a more inviting exterior. The place is small and there is nothing glossy about the interior. It looks like a small town mom & pop joint. Trip Advisor hadn't steered us wrong yet, so we gave it a try. So glad we did! What a good hearted, hard working, nice couple! Food was tasty and if we lived in the area, we'd want to support their business. We tried the pulled pork and ribs. Really enjoyed their sauces - served on the side so it doesn't cover the meat flavor unless you want it to. The caramel apple bread pudding was yummy and we are not normally bread pudding fans. Give it a try!

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My business partner and I try to eat at unique local restaurants wherever we travel. My colleague found Big Anthony's on the internet, and based on the reviews, we thought it was worth trying. Needless to say, the reason I am writing this review is to let everyone know that this is a tremendous BBQ restaurant. I have traveled all over the Midwest, including Kansas City and Memphis - in addition to the Carolinas. Big Anthony's ranks up there as one of the best BBQ joints I have ever eaten. I highly recommend the bacon cabbage as a side. I tried the 3 meat combo and had the pulled pork, Brisket and ribs. They were all excellent! If you either live in Tulsa or are traveling there on business, you owe it to yourself to give it a try. You won't be sorry!

Big Anthony's Biggest Fan
Mike C
Nashville, TN

1  Thank mikeclikesgoodfood
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

You need to be persistent because it is not easy to find and don't be shocked by the small size, they are full of flavor and hearts as big as Anthony himself. Really good BBQ and fun southern sides. Definitely do the ribs, but the other meats are great too. The apple bread pudding is an amazing creation. Anthony and his wonderful wife make you feel like part of the family. Try to get there if you're in Tulsa.

Been to Big Anthony's BBQ? Share your experiences!