“You'll either love it or hate it ...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Savoy
Hotel Savoy
Ranked #66 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Hurst, Texas
“You'll either love it or hate it ...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

If you want a 5 Star hotel with room service and a concierge desk, don't stay at the Savoy. If you want a small, quiet, boutique-style hotel with a magnificant view of the Tulsa skyline and all the creature comforts of home -- book with the Savoy. Is it perfect, no ... But for an extended stay (more than 3 or 4 days) like we did, we found the laid back atmosphere very much to our liking. One other reviewer, WYSOKC, stated it was more like a B&B and I totally agree with that assessment. We also found it to be conveniently located to the freeway system and we found two fabulous restaurants (on Trip Advisor, of course) within just a few minutes drive of this location. We will be staying at the Savoy again on our next trip to Tulsa!

Room Tip: The rooms that front the street have a magnificent view of the night skyline of Tulsa.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

There are only 7 rooms (I think) in the entire hotel but my wife and I loved it. It is really more like a B&B with a full kitchen in a seperate room and I mean a NICE one with a full size fridge with ice maker, oven, stove, microwave,sink with disposal, plates bowls and silverware.
A sepearate sitting area and the bedroom/bathroom is down a short hallway. It beautifully done with antique furnishings throughout. The idiot who said the place is showing its wear must not know what antique furnishings look like. The armoire that was in the sitting area must have been taken through the picture window as there is simply no way it was going to make it up the stairs and through the door. It was a gorgeous, fine piece of antique furniture.
All in all, this is where we will stay when we come to Tulsa from now on.
They supply you with cereals, yogurts, coffee, bagels, juice, milk and the like (even beer if it was left over from previous stays).
The hotel is located just east of downtown, just blocks from all the bars and just north of the shops on Utica. There is even a gourmet burger joint that shares a parking lot with the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street if you want a good view of downtown or get a room in the back if you wa...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WYSOKC
Spring Hill, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

We booked our room based on reviews here and after reviewing the hotel's web-site. We were actually quite disapointed in the Hotel Savoy.
Our hats go off to the web site creater. They did an outstanding job of making the place appear to be something that it is not. Not at all! The place is showing its wear. The bed was awful. It was dished in in the middle and hard as a rock. Probably the worst feature is the noise. This place sits right on a very busy freeway entrance. We felt like we were trying to sleep at the sprint car races. All and all probably one of the worst nights sleep in my life. The inn keeper mentioned that there was a DVD player in the tv cabinet with some DVDs. (nice touch) Except the thing wasn't hooked up or plugged in. Instead, all of the cables and instructions were there on how to do it yourself. We couldn't leave fast enough the next morning.

I don't usually write negative reviews, but I would really hate for someone to plan a special romantic get a way here. I believe you can do lots better.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kansascloud
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2010

Hotel Savoy was such a treat for my brother and I. It was quiet, the service was very friendly and unobtrusive but Margaret (an absolute treasure) ensured we had everything we needed. We were there for a week and my bed was gorgeous, so comfortable. My brother slept on the sleeper which he said was actually really good for a pullout bed. It was great to have a full kitchen (by hotel standards). We were very happy with the price as well, such amazing value compared with other Tulsa hotels. I highly recommend this boutique hotel, so much more personable than a large chain.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gwendolyn71
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2010

Both of my stays in Tulsa have been the result of coming into town to care for my elderly mother. Not great circumstances but it was always better after staying at the Savoy. Quiet, protected, great ammenities and great staff made the difference. Not a stuffy corporate structure where you are a room number but a cordial and diverse staff who took care of me totally, answered all my questions and basically gave me 150% all the time. The rooms have everything you need (and more), it is close to many places to eat and visit and the place is immaculate. I will never stay at another hotel in Tulsa other than the Savoy, period.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank TexasBrian56
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2010

This is a small hotel - rooms used to be apartments, so there are fully equipped kitchens, a small living room area and a bedroom. We had no problem with internet access. Good quality towels, toiletries and toilet paper (This may sound stupid to some, but I hate drying off after my shower with a towel the size of a postage stamp, and removing my eye make up with something that feels like sand paper.) A basic continental breakfast is offered, but if you are one to get out and get going early, you may miss it. However, the staff is very friendly and helpful, so I am sure if you check with them in advance, you could make arrangements to have something available earlier. There is adequate off street parking. We enjoyed the location because it was close to where our son lives and also close to restaurants. We did not ever feel unsafe. Be aware, however, that the neighborhood is what I would refer to as "transitional" - so use your common sense.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel once a year since we got married. It has a full kitchen, with a living room area, seperate bedroom, fairly large closet, and nice bathroom (more like a nice guest bathroom at a friend's house than a typical hotel bathroom). Each room is furnished slightly differently--apparently, the owners bought all the furniture at antique shops, etc. as they found it. There is free parking in back, no pool, restaurant, or business center, but I believe they have free wifi, and they typically have bagels, pastries, juice, coffee, etc. in the mornings to take back to your room for a nice, free breakfast. It's close to downtown, only about 8 rooms, I think, usually quiet. It's great for a romantic getaway or for solo travelers, and would probably work well for a family with a kid, as long as you bring a crib.

Three of the rooms have a great view of downtown Tulsa. We always have a nice, relaxing time when we stay for the weekend. Be warned, though, since it is operated by the owners, there isn't someone at the desk 24hrs a day, so you should call ahead to make sure someone will be there when you want to check in. I have found the owners to be friendly and helpful, though, so it's never been a problem for us.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple