“Comfortable Stay.”

Ranked #48 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Comfortable Stay.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Good service, staff always smiling and ready to help. Excellent location, very easy access to downtown expressway since that's where my work was. My family joined me the last day and they moved me from a king to a double bed suite without any charge!!

Definitely coming back to this place next time in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Overall Average....location was good for my assignment surrounding restaurants were decent.
The hotel itself is a little dissapointing for a CS, the TV was fuzzy and there were about 100 channels programmed and only about 30 were operational, and of those only 10 were useable. The front desk said that none of the channels should be fuzzy but the tv in the lounge was fuzzy, they said they would send maintainance but I'm not sure if they did(they didn't leave card/notice that they had been in there, and the tv was never fixed). for an overnight I could have dealt with it but I was there for 5 days. The breakfast was only slightly below average. I'm gonna try the HI Express up the street on the return trip in Jan..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here for a full week and was not impressed. First meeting with desk staff was terrible, she was rude and as unhelpful as possible. The room was not super clean, there was change left on the bathroom counter and old food left in the fridge. The fitness center was crummy with no working treadmills.
On my fourth night there the window was smashed out of my car and when I reported it to the front desk and to inquire about the address for a police report not one person seemed to care. I was told they had no shop vac and that I couldn't have any old towels to cover the seat with so I could move my car and get it fixed. Nobody apologized or asked if there was anything they could do to help.
Overall, I'd avoid this place at all costs. The sketchy location paired with a mostly useless and downright rude staff is enough to say everybody should stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel annually for the past 4 years, usually for 10 days. This past stay, I was only there for 5, and I probably won't be staying there again in the future. To start on the positive: the beds are REALLY comfortable--firm but not obnoxiously so. The A/C heat unit can be set to "fan" so it runs continuously, instead of cycling on and off and waking me up all night. That being said, the hotel is just starting to look beat up. The duvet covers are soiled, the curtains are soiled, the carpets are soiled. I would consider the hotel itself pretty clean, but it needs a good DEEP cleaning and some repairs. The fan in the bathroom in my room did not work, nor did the light that goes on with the fan, which made for some dark showers. The biggest complaint I have from this past stay, however, is the "safe charge" of $1.50 for a safe that I never used. I have no tolerance for these practices and because of this, will not choose to stay at this hotel again next year when I travel to Tulsa for the annual horse show. There are far too many other options available (that also have better breakfasts, too.) One other issue with the room I was staying in (214) was the tree that scratched against the window when the wind blew. Again, a maintenance issue that clearly should be taken care of.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the side opposite the biker bar. One night I was awoken by the Harleys outside the ba...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Julie S, Manager at Comfort Suites Central/I-44, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you taking time to review your stay at our hotel. As a new management that is 90 days old, we had made the same observations you have during your stay at our hotel. We are in the process of finalizing a complete renovation of the hotel, starting with a new bedding program before the end of the year, followed by a phased roll out of complete redo of all guest rooms and public areas. We are also introducing more healthy options as well as more breakfast choices.

Thank you also for bringing to my attention of the safe charge. Safes are available in the rooms, so that guests can secure their belongings should they chose to. There is no mandatory safe charge, it is a completely optional and at the discretion of the guest. All guest are informed of the availability of this option should they choose to take advantage of it at check in. I will work with my front desk staff to make sure that they inform all guests of additional amenity. I apologize if there was lack of clarity on our part during your stay at our hotel.

We hope you give us another chance to experience the same guest experience that you have had in the last several years that you have stayed with us.

Julie
California
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This hotel was clean and conveniently located. We arrived and we're checked in fairly quickly. Dropped off our bags and went to dinner. When we returned from dinner, we found our room to be fairly warm and despite our best efforts, we could not get the air conditioner to turn on. We called the desk and while it did take a bit for some one to answer, the desk representative assessed the issue and then suggested we come downstairs so she could find us another room. We switched rooms and found our new room to be lovely and cool. We also enjoyed breakfast in the morning. While it was pretty standard hotel fair, we liked the topping options for waffles and that they had two different flavors of cream cheese. In all, this was an excellent stopping place on a longer journey.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2013

We found ourselves in Tulsa after a long day of driving, so we hoped our accommodations would provide us with quiet surroundings and comfortable beds. We were not disappointed. The property inside and out was well kept. Our room was on the first floor and was spacious and clean. It included a refrigerator, microwave, and sink, all which came in handy as we were traveling cross country and had food items and dishes with us. Even though the highway is not far from the hotel and there are restaurants and other hotels in proximity, there were no distractions, and we were able to get a good night's rest. I would have given our stay a full five stars except for 2 minor issues. None of these pertain directly to the quality of the room, or were such that our stay was hampered tremendously, but they may impact another guest's stay or reflect on the hotel in a poor way if they continue. Issue #1: Since we had a lot of baggage and supplies to unload from our car, we were overjoyed to see that an empty parking space was available right in front of the lobby. Upon closer inspection, however, the van next to that space was parked at a slight angle -- enough to make parking for our compact car difficult and cramped. We assumed the vehicle belonged to one of the guests staying the night, but upon closer inspection, it was a Sleep Inn van (Sleep Inn is the hotel next door)! We were able to park around the back of our hotel, but what if another customer needed to park closer to the entrance? It just seemed rather inconsiderate. Issue #2: Breakfast. Complimentary hot/cold breakfast was included with our stay -- the typical fare one would expect. I decided to have some fruit -- apples, oranges, and bananas were available. But, upon closer inspection of the fruit container, I could tell that the bananas had seen better days. There were some black areas on the peel, and what was most unappealing (no pun intended) was that the peel was separated from the very top part of the banana, which exposed the tip of the fruit. There were a few flies buzzing around the area, as a result. I also asked one of the breakfast staff whether there was plain oatmeal available (can't have the flavored stuff), and she didn't bat an eye, quickly answering "no." It wasn't outrightly rude, and there may well have been no regular oatmeal to speak of, but she just didn't seem interested or willing to invest the extra effort to check (which might explain the seemingly detached connection to the breakfast area holdings). I opted to pull together some food from our stash, so again, the breakfast issue did not really hamper my stay. Other than these things, our stay was very nice. We would consider staying in this hotel again if we return to Tulsa, and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Some suites have a wet bar (additional sink in the room).
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family