“Good Room for Large Family”

Comfort Suites Central/I-44
Ranked #47 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Wickes, Arkansas
“Good Room for Large Family”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I have four young children. So it can be difficult to find rooms that legally accommodate that many. Comfort Suites exceeds in providing rooms for more than just four people. Our room was clean, check in and out was very easy and efficient. Our room was very comfortable with two queens and a fold out bed. There was room for the toddlers to run around and the older two to play without me feeling like I was tripping over children. I did not go to the pool, but my husband and older two boys did and they had a great time. When we first got to the room it was very late: 1-2 a.m. The fold out bed, as another reviewer mentioned, didn't have any bedding. I called the front desk and in minutes had the necessary sheets, etc. Breakfast was fairly common. It wasn't amazing, but it was about standard. Definitely more than just cereal and donuts, we ate the breakfast every morning and it was sufficient. The only thing that we didn't get top notch service on was getting new batteries for our remote. But since we weren't in our room much, that wasn't a deal breaker for us. The next time we're in Tulsa we'll probably stay here again. Cleanliness is the most important thing in a hotel for me- and this one definitely was.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We checked in Friday at 2PM February 7th, 2014 Through our stuff in the room. Saw that the tempurature was 58 degrees, turned the thermostate on the wall to 74. Noticed that the fold out couch that we were also going to use had no bedding. Stopped by the clerk desk on the way out and told her that there was no bedding for couch and that we would be back around midnight, returned around midnight no bedding and room still cold. went back down and waited my turn. Nice guy at desk went and got me the bedding. Another guest shoed up complaining about room temerature. the clerk explained to me and him that the rooms had an energe saving motion detector and if no motion was detected it shut off the heater. Which it had done since we left earlier in the day. I ask if we had to get up during the night to keep the furnace running and he said he didn't know. I am all for going green but what kind of person would install a motion detector on a furnace? The room was typical for Comfort Inn Suites. Compimentary breakfast was good.

Room Tip: see if the a/c and furnace always work.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Norman, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Upon arrival, the atmosphere both looked and smelled clean, as I have come to expect when staying at a Comfort Suites hotel. However, there were lots of problems with the room. There was painted-over water damage on the ceiling and the loose carpet just below it led me to believe that this was a patch job rather than a repair. Since there was no rain in the forecast, I kept my mouth shut and slept in the room as it was. I also did not complain about the exposed wires underneath the ac unit since the younger children in my party were in a different room that did not have any. There were some cosmetic issues with the other room, but since safety did not seem to be an issue I let those go as well. Because we were there for a youth conference that began before we were even able to check-in and and because I knew we would spend little to no time in the rooms except to sleep, I didn't change lodgings. However this will be my first and last stay there since there since upkeep seems to be such a low priority while refusing to reimburse the $1.50 safe charge seems to be their goal with each guest. (Both myself and the man who checked out before me.)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MLG5
Derby, Kansas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We arrived at 11:45 pm. The room we were given was 60 degrees. I was tired and ready to go to bed but it was too cold. The room was cold, the sheets and pillows were cold, the mattress was cold. We requested another room and it was 59 degrees. They have a sensor that keeps the heat off unless there is movement. Well, they need to do something to keep the room at least at a reasonable minimum temp. It was 66 degrees when we woke up in the morning.

If it hadn't been for that, we generally like this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Proficient staff and excellent location. Several places close by to get a quick bite. easy and quick access to downtown. I was there for work but will definite revisit with family next time I am in Tulsa.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Stayed at this hotel for 3 days. Good service, staff always smiling and ready to help. Excellent location, very easy access to downtown expressway since that's where my work was. My family joined me the last day and they moved me from a king to a double bed suite without any charge!!

Definitely coming back to this place next time in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Overall Average....location was good for my assignment surrounding restaurants were decent.
The hotel itself is a little dissapointing for a CS, the TV was fuzzy and there were about 100 channels programmed and only about 30 were operational, and of those only 10 were useable. The front desk said that none of the channels should be fuzzy but the tv in the lounge was fuzzy, they said they would send maintainance but I'm not sure if they did(they didn't leave card/notice that they had been in there, and the tv was never fixed). for an overnight I could have dealt with it but I was there for 5 days. The breakfast was only slightly below average. I'm gonna try the HI Express up the street on the return trip in Jan..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business