“Comfortable and a great value.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center

and 1 more site!
Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #28 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Comfortable and a great value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This was my second time staying here. This time was for pleasure and I got a great deal on Priceline. The service was Excellent! The rooms are nice, comfortable, and clean. We ordered room service and the food was delivered on time, by a friendly server, and the food was just what we wanted. My only complaint is that both times there has only been one bath towel. Other than that, no complaints (other than please give free wifi!). Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

First visit with the Renaissance and chose it because I got a great deal on priceline relative to advertised rate. The complex is very impressive and when walking in the lobby it is very impressive with large trees and fish ponds - - a woodsy, jungle like feeling. The desk staff was very attentive and served me quickly, however, the very nice lobby created an expectation of the room that was underwhelming. Two double beds on the third floor with some rather worn carpeting with black shoe streaks running across many places. It was clean and quiet with basic room amenities, everything worked, low water pressure in the shower and a clock radio that needs a PhD to operate so a wake up call is the way to go. It was a 10 hour visit so did not use any of the facilities. Its probably better than my "average" grade, but I gave it an average since while I paid a priceline.com price, I would never pay the advertised rate for what I got.

Room Tip: Ask for higher levels and rooms with a larger bed
Green Features: I did not notice their environmentally friendly practices
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent S, Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Good evening MarkV709,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate all the feedback that you provided because it helps us to improve our service offerings.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the condition and location of the room during your visit. As well as for the low water pressure and alarm clock. I have reached out to our engineering and houskeeping teams to correct the water pressure, and the condition of the room. Hopefully, when you stay with us again these issues will not re-occur.

On a different note, accept my thanks for the kind words about our lobby and the staff service. I look forward to passing on your comments.

If you have any additional feedback or questions please reach out to me at our main number, 918-307-2600.

Gretna, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Usually you get two basic types of hotel rooms. One bed or two. The one bed room is a king sized bed and the two bed room has two queens. Not here. You get two double size beds. That's right. Apparently, they think all of their guests are 10 years old. So, if you're over about 5'10" you will get to sleep with your feet hanging off the end of the bed.

No free wifi in the guest rooms. (Is it 2005 again?)

No exhaust fan in the restrooms (Who doesn't like their room feeling like a steam room after someone showers or stinking like crap after someone uses the toilet?).

Room air conditioning that struggles to keep up. (Want your room colder then 75 degrees? Too bad.)

Stained carpet (Annually deep clean a room including a good carpet steam cleaning? Replace carpet after it has been there for 20 years? Why do those things? Guests love worn stained carpet!)

No complimentary breakfast (Though some elevated room rates may come with a coupon for a free breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Let's ignore the fact that pretty much every hotel that charges more than $75/night offers a free breakfast.)

Spend the extra $10-$20/night and got stay somewhere else that is clean and has normal sized beds, free wifi, and complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent S, Manager at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Good evening Mr. K,

I wanted to thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your visit to our property. WIthout our guests feedback we would never be able to improve.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced on property. Your feedback has come at a great time with some initiatives we are currently implementing on property.There is quite a few things I would love to go over with you. If you have time please contact me at 918-307-4006.

Thank you once again for helping us be a better hotel.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here in December 2013 and wrote a very positive review, came back this month and was very disappointed. First of all was the room; as a member of their rewards program, I requested a room on a higher floor and instead they gave me a room on the 3rd floor stuck back in corner overlooking the air ex-changers and the highway. Then the next day, we came back to the room to relax at 4:00 pm only to find that the room had not been cleaned. Left and came back 30 minutes later and still not cleaned up. Had to ask someone to have someone come and clean the room. The air conditioner in the room would not keep the room cool, called, maintenance person came in just a few minutes, told me that the they were having problems with the new thermostats and system would work better if we set the temp higher and left the fan on automatic. The room still did not cool down. Lastly, even at the rates that they charge, they still charge for in room access to the Internet. Very disappointing. Just not a good stay and doubt that we will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vincent S, Assistant General Manager: Rooms Operations at Renaissance Tulsa Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Good morning,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide our hotel with valuable feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies for the amount of issues that you experienced during your stay. I noted that you had mentioned the cleaning schedule, internet, A/C Issues and room location as the main cause of your bad experience.

Please rest assured that guest expereince is extremely important to us and I have already started taking your comments to help improve the hotel and working with our teams to correct these issues. The goal is that if you give us another chance in the future that we will not make the same mistakes twice. I am always avaialble should you have any additional feedback or comments that you wish to discuss.

Thank you once again for giving us the tools to help improve our hotel.
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment you check in to the moment you're dropped off at the airport, staff treats you like an old friend. The rooms are clean and spacious. It's located right next to a Super-Target, a small strip center, and lots of different restaurants. The bonus is a free towncar to the airport that leaves every hour on the :30. Didin't know they also will pick you up from the airport. It would have saved me the $35.00 taxi fare.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

There are many great hotels that are pretty, great beds, and good to very good food. With the price of hotel rooms I guess we should expect these as minimums not the exceptions. Recently I spent several nights at the Renaissance in Tulsa. The location is incredible and with in walking distance of Movies and many restaurants. I do not write many reviews but I just had to let everyone know, best staff of any hotel in Tulsa. If you are lucky enough to get to the Concierge Lounge upstairs, you may be lucky enough to meet Anna. Her kindness is evident from the moment you walk through the door and is extended to everyone. While I do not recall other staff name be assured all hotels could learn something from this very professional and polite staff

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Tulsa, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We love the Marriott family of hotels, the beds are awesome and generally the staff are well-trained and friendly. This location was no exception. It is very close to a large mall and is within 2 miles of 20-30 restaurants.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple