“Great place to hike with or without dogs.”

Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness Area
Ranked #12 of 116 things to do in Tulsa
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband and I come here with our dogs on Saturday mornings during the warmer months. It is a great place to hike as there are so many trails and you will have a hard time being bored. There are challenging hikes and easier ones. We like the 5 mile hike and have come here with a group of people that are outdoor enthusiasts. It is definitely a great way to spend a Saturday or any day. Also, they had the warrior dash there last year. Fun!

1  Thank Tracy S

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is an odd type park. It is very natural, hilly and a great walking area. It is also a trail biking area. I have been many times and see something new each time. The only downside is the volume of people using this park. Most are just folks out for a good hike and exercise. Just be alert with the meth labs in Tulsa and the odd person you may see here. Be alert and you will be safe.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I come here CONSTANTLY! This place has great trails for hikers, bikers, and runners. You can even bring your horse out there if you'd like. There are trails of various lengths and difficulties.Some are on the mountain and some are concrete paths. My favorite runs right along the river. Check it out. Its a great view anda great escape without having to go far at all (if you live in Tulsa)

Reviewed 23 February 2013

With a few hours to spend before we checked into our hotel, we headed out to a place we never before heard of: Turkey Mountain. The area is fantastic--many well-maintained trails, a variety of length & difficulty, views to the river & downtown, etc. And best, it really is a...well, hill, anyway unless you call 830' a "mountain." I always enjoy some change in topography and this area provides it. I can't wait to go back in the spring to see what might be in bloom. Oh. Watch out for mountain bikers, trail runners etc. The place is heavily used, which is wonderful to see.

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Probably good place for jogging or biking but don't expect anything extraordinary. I was quite disappointed from hiking perspective.

4  Thank marcelir00dy