“Great Place To Walk And Take Pictures”

Tulsa Garden Center
Ranked #32 of 114 things to do in Tulsa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful sights await you at this horticultural and environmental education center, including a former Italian Renaissance villa, a brightly colored landscaped garden with inlaid stone steps and a rose garden with 9,000 rosebushes.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
256 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 449 helpful votes
“Great Place To Walk And Take Pictures”
Reviewed 11 May 2011

My wife and I went to the Tulsa Garden Center - which is next to beautiful Woodward Park - during April when all of the azeleas were in bloom. Later in the year, all of the roses are in bloom and we plan to return. I'll let my pictures do the talking.

Visited April 2011
2 Thank AlphaRam

Tulsa, Oklahoma
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 9 March 2011

My friend had her wedding reception here and it was beautiful. I have been to a couple events at the garden center and it never disappoints. I love the building and the setting.

Visited April 2010
Los Angeles
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wonderful Walking Park - Must See Along With Linnaeus Teaching Gardens”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

This is the park I want to visit when I go to Tulsa. There is easy parking & access anywhere you park. We went Mother's Day weekend 2010 & the parking lot was filled, but we easily parked on the street surrounding the park. We just missed the the numerous azalea flowering bushes by about 2 weeks as the flowers were already brown. There are separate garden areas of herbs, etc. A park gardener was busy planting more flowers. The walking paths are a fun, easy level, outdoor "adventurous" experience. There are friendly squirrels (but don't ever feed any wildlife) who come out "to get their photo taken" in the large grassy areas & lots of old trees throughout the park. The park is huge & even though lots of cars in the lot, we only occasionally ran into other park goers. There are sitting areas along the paths. Dogs are allowed on leashes.
We walked around the main park, & then the long path & through a large grassy area at the end of the path over to the huge 9,000 rose garden. All colors of roses with easy to read name tags. Some favorites were the "Fourth of July" climbers, the "Cocoa" & the irises & hydrangea located nearby. There are several levels with a few steps to each level of the rose area. There was a wedding in one area of the rose garden but plenty of room to still view the roses. The Linnaeus Teaching Gardens is at the other side of the rose garden where you'll see the walk through arbor to its entrance. Definitely a wonderful way to unwind, relax & get a little outdoor exercise.

1 Thank LALanie