BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #55 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Fayetteville, United States
“Average Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Lighting was not good due to the type of light bulbs and amount of light bulbs. It was not sufficient to put make up on in bathroom. AC cuts off during the day due to movement sensor attached to the thermostat so the room is hot when you return. Breakfast is good with cereals, waffles, pastries, eggs and sausage. Drinks are coffee, milk and juice. The staff is cheerful and helpful at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Charla H
Rex T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thanks for taking time and letting us know about your stay at our hotel, we take pride in our hotel and our loyal customers like yourself. We are the only 'green' Bestwestern Plus hotel in this area. This requires us to install thermostat with the sensors to operate the hvac unit in our rooms and several other things including light bulbs and such. These are specially approved thermostat from the local and national electric utility company, however the temperature does not fall or go over preset and required settings by this electric company. Although your opinion is very important to us and we will take your concern and address it.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Illinois City, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I was very pleased by this hotel, the modern updates and the front desk service was awesome... except I normally don’t use my cc at hotels because there always seems to be hidden fees or holds on my card that were not disclosed at the time of room rental.
I expressed this to the front desk and I was told to pay in cash there would be 100.00 deposit… so trusting the hotel, I reluctantly used my cc instead of paying cash...I was charged on my card the incorrect price the next day. I went to the front desk and she said, “O, that's just a hold" I just corrected it; you should see the right price shortly. Unhappy I said ok. Two days later I was charged the correct price but an additional day at the incorrect price! I am still working now to get this issue resolved not to mention throwing my account off at the bank! : (

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
I want to thank you for taking time to write review,We take pride in our hotel and our loyal customers. I am so sorry that you had a billing issue with our hotel. Normally everything goes just fine. Currently I am unaware of any ongoing billing issues with any of our customers, however please give me a call and we will be more than glad to assist you in any billing issues/inquiry you have and take necessary steps to rectify it. I am glad that you had a good stay other than this one issue.
Deer Creek, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I would recommend staying at this hotel. Four of us stayed in a room with 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. The beds were clean and comfortable. We enjoyed being refreshed in the pool and hot tub. The location is perfect for shopping and going to the Incredible Pizza. There is a Cinema located in this area and a large mall besides the great eating, with Olive Garden, Outback and many others..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rex T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us while you were in Tulsa area, we appreciate your business and kind words. Feel free to let me know if I could do anything else to make your stay even better in the future and hope to see you when you get back to the area.
St. Robert, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel very regularly over the last 4 months (Mar-June 2014). While overall experience started out well, with no complaints, circumstances gradually declined somewhat. Several stays there were numerous issues. (In rooms 102, 109, 111 in particular). Once, in Room 102, there was a smashed bug on the wall. (Was not cleaned after I informed the desk.) Additionally, the shower knob was slightly broken, and when I turned the shower on, 2 bugs were flushed up out of the drain. Later, in rooms 109 and 111, the doors did not close automatically and one of them stuck slightly when opening it. One of the rooms had 3 bugs on the window curtain upon arrival and there was a slightly musty smell in the room. Other times during stays the rooms had the same musty smell or I spotted small bugs crawling in the halls or rooms. The outer appearance of the hotel is well maintained and extremely attractive. The staff is moderately friendly and helpful, although they were never able to fix the issues mentioned. The internet works well most of the time, with only few issues getting initially connected. The one time I had breakfast there, it was a small but adequate variety and satisfying. I recommend Best Western in general because of overall good reputation and prices. This particular one I can no longer recommend with enthusiasm due to the issues that have arisen.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rex T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
First of all let me apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you with your stay. The issues you have raised and appropriate actions have been taken. Please give me a call for your future stay and I personally will make sure that you stay nothing but perfect. We take pride in out hotel and our value guest experiences.
McAlester, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is modern and is a nice place to stay. I really wish I had not been so tired and would have enjoyed their pool. Ruby was the front desk clerk. I had a problem with my AC and she took care of it immediately. She was accommodating in helping me with a baby crib for a newborn and was very polite, kind and professional, and wore a sweet smile. I could not figure out how to work the whirlpool tub in the room. So I had bugged her several times, and each time she was kind and smiling. The whirlpool problem was just me not figuring it out. It is cleaner than most. Especially in the stairwells and areas that most motels don't seem to care about. Corners and behind the beds need some cleaning attention, but overall, as I said, cleaner than most. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your stay at our hotel, I wish that you were not so tired so you could have enjoyed our indoor heated pool & hot tub. May be next time around. Please let us know if we can do anything else for you or help you in future for your future stays.
Mena, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was in Tulsa for a 3 day conference. Woodland Hills provided a very comfortable and productive atmosphere for relaxing and contemplation of each day's events. The room had all the conveniences, internet, TV, micro wave and refrigerator, coffee maker etc. Breakfast was great, with plenty of interesting food. Service was good, and staff friendly. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and had a nice discount for the 3 day stay.

Room Tip: I was o the third floor. Internet was great!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Rex T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thanks for staying with us and are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will choose us for your next visit to Tulsa area!
Hensley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We enjoyed our stay very much was very impressed with the Staff and the room.We did not eat the breakfast but i did check it out. Everything looked freshed and smelt yummy. The worst thing i can say about this place was the light bulb did not work in one of the table lamps.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rex T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Woodland Hills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your business and kind words! Sorry about the lamp issue, it has been address and taken care of. We take pride in our business and services we provide, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please let us know if I can be of any further assistance and hope that you choose us again for your future stay in Tulsa OK area.