“Nice French Cafe”
Review of La Madeleine - CLOSED

La Madeleine
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We wanted to try a restaurant we hadn't been to before and I happened to see La Madeleine when driving down 15th street. I thought it would be just a sandwich & pastry shop and was pleasantly surprised to find they have full meals. They have menus for you to look over while standing in line & you order your meal at a counter. The staff brings your meal to you when it is ready. I had their sliced chicken breast with mushroom & wine sauce, broccoli, & wild rice. Our son had the chicken with bow tie pasta & my hsb. had the turkey & dressing dinner. My dish was fabulous! I ate every bit of it. Loved the wine sauce & wild rice. Our son said his pasta dish was good, but nothing to rave & rave about. My hsb. was not happy with his turkey dinner. The first meal brought to him was just like my chicken dinner. The turkey was covered with the mushroom & wine sauce and accompanied by the broccoli & wild rice, which wasn't what my hsb. ordered. He doesn't care for wine sauce. When the correct order was brought out, he said the turkey breast was dry & he didn't care at all for the dressing. I personally think the first dish would have been better, (if he liked wine sauce). We also purchased some fruit tarts & pastries, which were very good. The restaurant staff was friendly & helpful.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

We were so happy they moved in the neighborhood, and have never been disappointed. I love that the menu wives you a calorie count. I LOVE their salads, and the chicken/mushroom entree. Almost most importantly, the service is perfect. Even though it's sort of a serve yourself place, I am always amazed by the sweet, helpful guys working the dining room. Tip them. They'll tell you no, but I always leave a tip on the table anyway! Such a nice, unique place to go!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Poor service, dirty - especially in the bread area (where you get complimentary bread and butter). We ordered a coffee(bad for a cafe), mocha (too sweet) and cheese cake (not fresh, taste nothing like a cheese cake). The couple sitting next to us was served with the wrong food, they didnt look very happy. All in all, a big disappointment.

Reviewed 17 September 2012

By the name, we were expecting a French Café. The food was great and the prices were average, however not French. Service was average at best, new staff, not verse on menu choices. Bread bagguett was excellent, napoleones were okay.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I just had my first opportunity to try the newly opened La Madeliene in Tulsa. I know this has been a very popular upscale self-serve chain in Texas for a long time, and now I know why they are so popular. It was hard to decide what to try, because everything on the menu looked amazing. The ordering process was quick and staff very friendly and competent. A great added touch was the selection of breads available, also in a self-serve style. All in all, a very good experience, and at a price that was much lower than I would have expected for such quality.