“Oil Capitol of the World landmark”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Golden Driller

The Golden Driller
Ranked #11 of 114 things to do in Tulsa
Rocklin, California, Usa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Oil Capitol of the World landmark”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

A must see. Great photo opportunity. The gold guy stands tall and proud We loved the pictures take there a Tulsa must see so glad we made it there

1 Thank famfuncarmichael

Lexington, Kentucky
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A quirky thing to see in Tulsa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

One of many quirky things to do and see in Tulsa, the Golden Driller is located in front of the Tulsa State Fairgrounds. There isn't much to do other than see the Golden Driller and take some pictures, unless there is an activity at the Fairgrounds at the time of your visit. It's sad that the amusement park was closed by the Fairgrounds, as that was the only other easy activity (ok, shopping at Target, Sears, and Gordoms isn't far and there is Big Splash waterpark at the Fairgrounds, but do you always travel with a swimsuit?) in the area. The Golden Driller represents Tulsa's heyday during the oil boom and stands as a reminder of one of many ways the city became famous.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank AprilFrench
Accra, Ghana
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 159 helpful votes
“Cool Landmark For Some Photos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Several of the reviews on this page are quite negative towards The Golden Driller statue at the QuikTrip Exposition Center in Tulsa, and I must admit I considered skipping visiting the Driller as a result, but I think the reviews are unfair & need to be put into perspective.

Sure, it’s not the Statue Of Liberty or anything, and I would agree that it doesn’t warrant that much time in visiting it, but it’s still a cool spot to get a few good photos, but people seem to be taking it a little seriously & are getting all derogatory about it. I have seen MANY world class landmarks in the US, Europe, and Asia, and I fully admit that the Driller is probably not comparable at all, but seriously – did anyone write a review thinking that The Golden Driller was going to be as good as The Eiffel Tower, and found themselves cruelly mistaken ?

I would recommend to go there looking to be there for 10 minutes or so, and just take a quick look at it & take a few photos. I got someone to use my camera to take a picture of me sitting on the Driller’s left foot, which was pretty cool. Maybe I’m more forgiving because my home city doesn’t have much to look at if you are not into wineries (Adelaide, Australia), but I had an interesting few hours in Tulsa, and this landmark was a part of it.

It’s free outside of transportation costs. I spent maybe a buck on fuel driving to the Driller from downtown Tulsa, so I got my money’s worth !

Visited November 2013
1 Thank PietroMorrizio
Tulsa, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nothing more then a statue”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

There is nothing to do in the area. The statue...see it in the picture? Well it doesnt get any better then that. Really.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kris9279
Boise, Idaho
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“I felt short...and I am 5 ft. 10 inches tall!!! :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This giant was one of my favorite stops while in Tulsa. He was huge! I would recommend the drive just to snap a few shots of this goliath.

Visited June 2013