“Great location downtown”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are very nice. It is centrally located downtown close to many restaurants and clubs. This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your rave review! We are always looking for ways to improve to provide exceptional service to our guests, but it is always nice to hear when we achieve that expectation. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa-Downtown, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The minute we arrived a transient man walked up and asked us for money right in the parking lot. Two women in our group were smokers and the only place to smoke at this hotel is in the parking lot where you don't feel safe. The rooms were small and I was scheduled to be there for 3 more weeks over the next month. The front desk upgraded one of plus to a suite with no problem but wouldn't upgrade me. Our group cancelled our future reservations there and booked somewhere else where we could all have larger rooms for less cost and all feel safer outside.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. While we are a downtown property, we take your safety as a top priority! The only thing that supersedes guest satisfaction, as far as we are concerned, is guest safety. That's why we have added personnel & security to ensure that all our guests are safe and free from any unwanted solicitation. While this has not been a problem for us in the Brady Arts District, I am truly sorry that you experienced this. Our staff has been trained with the resources to resolve such issues when given the chance.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to get more information about how we could have better handled this situation. We are always looking for ways to improve!
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Steve Fischer, General Manager

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here for a David Cook concert at nearby Cains Ballroom. It's a unique place, but nice. Yes, the checkin is a floor up, but they make it pretty easy. When you pull up into driveway there is a sign that tells you to hit the button for front desk. They buzz you in and you park. I arrived late on a weekend night when the surrounding bars were busy, a Fairfield staff person was right there helping me find a parking spot and made me feel secure. All of the staff that I encountered were happy and friendly helpful people. Room was smallish but very nice. There was a frig which I used. Bed was very nice with very nice bedding. Towels could have been a wee bit softer. There is a bench outside where people smoke, met a nice woman from South Africa there! Other David Cook fans also stayed here, so it was a fun atmosphere, staff was well aware of this special concert which was also cool. Didn't make it to early breakfast, but the area and furnishings were very nice. As I am a night person, had no problem with the club downstairs, they really were not that loud. Actually found the place to be pretty quiet. However, I do always travel with a small white noise fan. Very clean and comfortable.It is pricey, but found that it was worth it. The area is really neat. Lots to do and see, places to eat and socialize. A very nice revitalized area of Tulsa that I really enjoyed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We were driving through Tulsa to another location and stayed at this location because it was located very close to the Sonic Center of the Universe. The hotel is very new and everything is neat and clean. It is in the Brady District where there are a lot of restaurants and things to do. The staff was very friendly and efficient, which is nice when you’ve been on the road all day. Breakfast was fine, your typical Fairfield breakfast but it was fresh and the coffee was hot. Parking is free and controlled by a gate with your room key. Not a lot of parking but we didn’t have any problem. We ate at a bar called The Tavern. It is very close to the hotel and is more than a bar. We were surprised by the wide variety of food on the menu and the wine list. The lobby is on the second floor of the building but there were plenty of luggage carts in the downstairs lobby by the elevator so we didn’t have any problems. Would recommend this hotel to others visiting Tulsa.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here for an event at the Brady district . It was a very good location with walking distance to lots of bars and restaurants and to the Brady. However, whenever I was in the room and all night you could hear every step and sound other tenants were making . Also, the music from one of the bars blasted until 2 am through the walls . If you are looking for a good location that is clean this is a good hotel , however I would not stay here again due to the noise factor .

• Stayed: February 2014
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I am glad that you enjoyed our prime location in downtown Tulsa like so many others, I sincerely regret that your stay was disturbed by noise-related issues.
Our goal is always to exceed guests' expectations, and we are always looking for ways to improve. I would very much like to speak with you personally to make sure that we resolve this issue to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly at the hotel. Again, I apologize, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Steve Fischer, General Manager 918.879.1800

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here after Christmas on a visit with my family. This hotel was in a perfect location to see downtown attractions. For those who want to go to the BOk Center, One OK field or the OK Jazz hall of fame, this is perfect. There are restaurants in easy walking distance- it is right in the middle of the Brady district. The hotel itself was very good- free parking and wifi (this seems obvious, but check the other downtown hotels - it is not commonplace). Breakfast is included, and is not exceptional, but certainly adequate and plentiful. Bed was comfy. My biggest complaint with this place is the tissue paper thin towels (you can get better at the YMCA) and the cheap TP and Kleenex. Not a big deal, but it makes a difference to me.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank richandtrudi
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is a nice little new hotel right in the heart of the Brady District, which is rapidly becoming a great location to visit. The rooms are spacious and everything was fine, except the breakfast was disappointing--especially the "fresh fruit" which looked like it had been left over and stored in the fridge for at least two days. I didn't expect a great breakfast, but this was disappointing, and hopefully a rare occurrence.

The location is great, a block from the Brady Theater and across the street from the new and very impressive Woody Guthrie memorial (definitely worth visiting). We'll stay again when we want to spend a night/weekend in Tulsa, and hope for better fruit!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple