“You must be kidding me!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Well, our stay at the Fairfield Inn was truly solid. Not only was the hotel super cool, updated and had great rooms.......we were completely SHOCKED at what happened next. We left a personal item in our room that contained over $2,000 cash by accident obviously. We hadn't even realized what had happened when the next day we received a call from the Manager with a very strange set of questions. After playing 80 questions, it was obvious what had happened. I still cannot believe the discipline, professionalism and frankly good nature that it took for a hotel employee to send our item and cash back. I can't say enough about the leadership and professionalism of this hotel and the way it is operated. KUDOS Fairfield Inn.....and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Room Tip: The suites are a really great deal and add a small extra room that changes the whole setup.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heath H
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Our team was SO grateful to be able to assist you! We understand the importance of retrieving something of such great value. And, we appreciate your accolades. We have an exceptional team of professionals that I am privileged to work with, and this event solidifies my confidence ever so much more in the integrity and trustworthiness of our team.
Again, we appreciate your comments, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.
Steve Fischer, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown

Reviewed 24 March 2014

This very nice hotel is in the heart of the downtown called the Brady Arts District and it is has some very nice restaurants, specialty shops, and art museums just a block away. In fact we ate almost every meal in the local restaurants and never had to get into the car to go somewhere else. If that is your thing then this is certainly the place to be.

The hotel was very nice, looked to be new, had a very nice breakfast every morning, and the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. I would have liked to have had better towels and wished the building would have been quieter - you could hear people walking above your head and down the halls. Overall this was a wonderful place and if I ever had to be in Tulsa again then this is certainly where I would stay without a doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Good solid Fairfield Inn. Good location for my business in Tulsa. Easy (and secure) parking. At check-in young man at front desk was perfectly welcoming and helpful. Printed a MapQuest request for me while I was dropping luggage in room. He even made a recommendation for dinner. This was my first trip to Tulsa but business will require return visits and I'll be a repeat guest at this Fairfield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The staff is always very friendly and courteous. I've stayed here 3 separate weeks over the past two months. The rooms are always clean and the location is very convenient to access all areas of Tulsa. Not all king size rooms are alike and we found that out during the 2nd stay. Some are a little small with no separate sitting area besides the desk and some have a small table with chairs. I opted for the double room to ensure I had a chair to sit in that wasn't an office chair and a little extra space. As with any downtown location you have more people of all varieties walking around outside so be cautious at night unless you are with a group. I've been told twice that there is a security guard at this hotel but have never seen one at any time of the morning or night in 3 weeks. I would stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Really enjoyed stay at this hotel. Downtown in cool neighborhood. Walked to dinner. Lot's going on and several great restaurants or bars to choose from. Felt Safe around hotel. Hotel has free secure parking for guest. Not always the case with downtown hotels. Friendly staff. Rooms a bit smaller but clean and comfortable. Would stay again. Hotel was quiet and had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is always friendly and the rooms are very nice. It is centrally located downtown close to many restaurants and clubs. This is the only hotel I stay at when I am in downtown Tulsa.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you for your rave review! We are always looking for ways to improve to provide exceptional service to our guests, but it is always nice to hear when we achieve that expectation. We appreciate your business and loyalty to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa-Downtown, and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The minute we arrived a transient man walked up and asked us for money right in the parking lot. Two women in our group were smokers and the only place to smoke at this hotel is in the parking lot where you don't feel safe. The rooms were small and I was scheduled to be there for 3 more weeks over the next month. The front desk upgraded one of plus to a suite with no problem but wouldn't upgrade me. Our group cancelled our future reservations there and booked somewhere else where we could all have larger rooms for less cost and all feel safer outside.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Steve F, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. While we are a downtown property, we take your safety as a top priority! The only thing that supersedes guest satisfaction, as far as we are concerned, is guest safety. That's why we have added personnel & security to ensure that all our guests are safe and free from any unwanted solicitation. While this has not been a problem for us in the Brady Arts District, I am truly sorry that you experienced this. Our staff has been trained with the resources to resolve such issues when given the chance.
I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally to get more information about how we could have better handled this situation. We are always looking for ways to improve!
Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Steve Fischer, General Manager