“Nice New Hotel”

Wingate By Wyndham Tulsa
Ranked #2 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 10PM and the front doors were locked. I pushed the doorbell multiple times with no response. I then began knocking on the doors and still nobody responded. Finally, 2 more guests arrived and I explained I can't even get in the building to check in. Finally, the desk clerk came from the back room and let us in, but did not greet us. Instead she chastised us for not having our key! I explained I hadn't even checked in yet and she did not apologize. Very poor first impression.

For a new property, my expectation of cleanliness increases. The Wingate features white tile in the lobby and elevator, which seems like a poor choice for hiding dirt that is tracked in. The elevator floor was filthy upon checkin, I gave it a pass because it was late at night. Surprise, even by check out the next day it still was not cleaned.

The room itself was okay, it was spacious but not the best use of space. The King bed was shoved over in a corner and it left a big open area in the middle of the room that didn't make a lot of sense. I found it odd that the factory shipping sticker for the bathtub was still in place.

What really ruined the experience for me was housekeeping banging on my door at 10:50 even with a do not disturb sign in place. Even worse, when I did not let them in, the front desk immediately called at 10:53AM to say "So, are you checking out today or what??". The posted checkout time was 11AM. I did not plan on leaving any earlier and I don't feel like I should have been made to feel like I was unwelcome before that time had even eclipsed. I will not stay at any Wingate properties in the future if this what they consider guest service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

1 Thank Shawn B
WingateManagement, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Tulsa, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
We are very sorry and apologize for the experience.
The doors were locked a little earlier that particular night only because we had a rough check-in crew with a few coffee spills that the desk clerk ( who at that time of the night would be the only person there) was trying to cleanup. When the desk clerk has to leave her area during the night, it is only safe to have the door locked which is also locked after 11.00 pm every night anyway. For staying guests the door is accessible with their room keys. Unfortunately, the spill had been in the elevator and she did not have enough time to clean it thoroughly. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Management.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

New and very clean and nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast is very good. A little difficult to get to because of highway construction but worth your effort. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

WingateManagement, General Manager at Wingate By Wyndham Tulsa, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you for the good review of the Hotel.
The construction has been a little hassle for guests but, once it gets done it will be an easier access and a better overall location for us.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.
Management.