“Hidden Gem. Homemade and authentic.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Casa Frida
Cuisines: Mexican
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Hidden Gem. Homemade and authentic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place reminds me of my Trip to San Fran, wherever we ate, the food was awesome. Well, at Casa Frida, whatever I've eaten has been awesome. It's a family restaurant and I'm not sure whose recipes they are, they're excellent. The salsa is the best in town too in my opinion. There is NO WAY this place should be ranked this low, in fact it's in the top 5 in Tulsa. it's a MUST TRY and see for yourself. That's the good. If I had to say anything bad about it, the service is usually slow and the ambiance needs some major upgrades. But the food more than makes up for it. They're closed Monday's fyi. Check it out, you won't be sorry, unless of course you plan to be waited on hand and foot. Oh, and one more thing. It's SUPER cheap. My wife and I ate there for $8.50 during lunch one day.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Frisco, Texas
“Best Mexican in Tulsa, possibly in mid-west”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Ok, don't let the strip mall exterior, or the name taped on the window discourage you from going in. You will thank me. Best Mexican I have had.... Ever. Sit at the bar, glance to the left to see Madre and Padre cooking. Doesn't get more authentic.

Visited September 2013
Jenks, Oklahoma
“Some of the best authentic Mexican food I've found in Tulsa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Have been mourning the loss of so many good Mexican restaurants since I left Tulsa in the 1980's and returned in 2008. Now I find Casa Frida at 5239 S. Peoria! This little hole in the wall is tucked away in a strip mall facing west, and provided some of the most authentic tasting Mexican food I've had in the last four years in Tulsa. The enchiladas were freshly made and accompanying rice and black beans were great. Others raved about the burritos, the Mexican Coca-Cola's, and the queso and chips. I can't wait to go back to try their fajitas and other menu items! Family-run, the service was personal, relaxed, and fun.

• Visited January 2013