“what if you weren't invited to the wedding?”

Aloft Tulsa Downtown
Ranked #34 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I checked in here about 5:30 on a Saturday, unpacked, got dressed and went out to dinner. When I got back, around 9:30, I was surprised that -- from my second-floor room -- I could hear a wedding reception in full swing just below my window, loud music and all. Why in the world would they have put me here, and not on the other side of the hotel -- when it clearly was not full? I was too tired to ask that I be moved to another room -- or to do the necessary packing up, even if they'd said yes -- so I put in my earplugs and hoped it wouldn't go on too late into the night.
Apart from that -- the signage needs to be much better - we had a hard time finding the place. The entry into the hotel is underwhelming, to say the least. You take the elevator to the P level -- not L -- for the lobby, where eventually you figure out where you can check in. The front desk staff, over the two days I stayed, was pleasant but clearly young and inexperienced -- are there any grown-ups working here? The food available from the sundries area was amazingly overpriced. On the second morning, I thought of trying one of the freshly made options, but there was no one to be found in the tiny kitchen area -- so I gave up and found a place to eat outside the hotel. The terminals offered for printing boarding passes did not work, but the desk clerk offered to print mine there at the desk, which was helpful. My room could have used a good vacuuming. And really, how much more could it cost to get some decent toilet tissue?
On the positive side -- spacious room, very comfortable bed, well-placed reading light, and lots of outlets, easy to access, for chargers.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

There are newer reviews for Aloft Tulsa Downtown

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel for an overnight stay after a show at Cain's Ballroom and it was perfect. It is a bit of a walk but it was pretty outside so it didn't matter. This was a super retro-inspired place and we loved it. The staff was helpful and personable. We come to Tulsa a lot and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location next to Cox Center and BOK Center. Walkable distance to Brady district if you are inclined. There is a free hotel shuttle that will take you as well (which we made use of).

Rooms are cheap and pretty nice. Had a double corner suite with an EXCELLENT view.

The lounge was cool and modern. Pool table and lots of couches. Drinks a bit pricey ($6 for draft).

No free breakfast. There were signs on the wall for a traditional breakfast with eggs, bacon, toast, etc but they said they were out of that and could only make sandwiches. Sandwich was eggs, bacon, sausage, etc on a bun. Not sure why they could make that and not the other - it's the same stuff!

The staff was nice but I get the feeling they were all new. They seemed short staffed.

Everyone seemed to have problem with parking. Watch for the signs and you will find the garage. There was a concert at the BOK that night with Event Parking right near the garage which made it confusing.

Room Tip: Go for the suites.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel!

I have addressed your concerns about your breakfast experience and promise you that the situation has been corrected.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Easy to find (Google Map Directions were spot on)
Parking Garage (Free)
Checkin is on the Plaza Level (Level 2)
Staff was friendly

My initial impressions? felt like a Dorm room. No Iron nor Board in room, but not a big deal. Breakfast is really simple (danish, cereal, coffee, juice).
Bed was comfortable.

Would I go back, yes, only for one night stays... but if I had to stay longer, I would find another property.

Price was decent, not a deal breaker.

Easy to get to and from downtown Tulsa.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank GB_InTexas
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Great location downtown. Parking on three levels - at the lobby, and then two floors below. Nice high ceilings in the rooms. The door to the hallway needed a sweep or to be just a little longer. A fair amount of light seeped into the room from under the door; no need for a night light. Staff was nice, but too busy in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smackArkansas
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is quite a difficult review to write for one particular incident which I will go into later. However, as far as the hotel is concerned there are far more positives than negatives.

Pros:
Room was big and spacious
Bathroom clean and modern
Shower water pressure was excellent
Bed was comfortable
Huge TV in the room which was perfect for the beginning of March Madness!!!

Cons:
Music in the lobby is deafeningly loud - especially at 6am!!! Felt sorry for the workers who I overheard make the same comment
Bar tried to poison me!!!

So that last con relates to the incident. Before heading to bed after a big work night out (I had been in town for business) I ordered some chicken wings. These were served to me still being iced cold in the middle, which led to my instant tweet and that slightly sick feeling that you get when you're worried about eating raw chicken. I was assured that they were reheated wings that were already cooked (if I had known that I would not have ordered them) and the lady apologized but not in the nicest of ways (more flippantly than anything).

However, kudos to Aloft. They picked up the tweet instantly, had the manager onsite call me instantly in my room to apologize, set me up a Starwood Award Points account and gave me a sizeable number of points which may get me a free room in an even better hotel in the future. I was incredibly impressed by the quickness.

Would I stay at Aloft again - in a heartbeat. Would I order the food, hell no! But if you're not ordering the food, that hotel itself is amazing and great value. Just had to take the one point off for that incident.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room although there's not a great deal of traffic to keep you awake anyway. Don...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Well I have to say this hotel made me want to amend some of harsher reviews for other hotels in downtown Tulsa. This place to put it eloquently sucked! The carpets in the room were dirty as in some kind of brown substance on the carpet in several places, the shower door was broken, the toilet seat was broken and the parking was very confusing. If we had not gotten in so late we would have canceled our reservations and went elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy C, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear J M,
I was rather dimayed to read about your experience with us here recently. We strive to be the best we can be, however, it looks like we really failed in your case. I have walked through everything you stated with our Housekeeping and Engineering team to address these issues and thank you for bringing them to light. We hope that the next time you are in our area you will give us another opportunity to take care of you.