“Clean and Contemporary”

Ranked #32 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Clean and Contemporary”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is not a fancy hotel, but it is priced well, is in a great location, and is comfortable. We have stayed here twice now and are coming back next week. The staff is pleasant and friendly. The bar food is good if you need a snack. Defiantly worth the money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are glad that you continue to enjoy your stay and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tulsa.

See you soon!

S. Woodham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here as a stop on a road trip and were quite impressed. The location was fabulous, the hotel was clean (even my clean-freak husband had no complaints about the cleanliness of the bathroom), the room was large with great amenities. We loved how the parking was free. We loved all the outlets and the docking station in the room. The decor and overall feel of all Aloft Hotels are fabulous, but this one in a re-modeled office building really was special. The only complaint I would have is that the bed was a little hard and only had sheets and a down comforter, so getting the right sleeping temperature was kind of hard. I wish there had been an option for a lighter blanket. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank flowercat13
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, 16 June 2014

OK
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here last night for a concert. The location to the BOK center is THE reason to stay here. It was perfect for our needs. That said....
I agree with the previous comments - some signage would be helpful and the tri-level entry is a little confusing. The breakfast was confusing and apparently non-existent. You had to pay for the few things they offered, but there was no one available to order from and the signage wasn't clear on how to order. Two other guests and myself read the signs, looked around and finally all decided if we had to pay $9 for a breakfast sandwich, we might be better off at a restaurant.
The room was stark and dreary, which is the concept - concrete walls with graffiti, no artwork or decor at all. That could be a personal preference, it didn't appeal to us. However, the sheets/linens of such poor quality even my 16 year old noticed and said these sheets are scratchy.
I suppose for the right price and situation, I would stay again, just know that the breakfast is not really an option and don't expect nice linens. It is certainly a FAR better choice than the Doubltree that is also near the convention/concert facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

As the new GM, we have identified that signage is a major issue for our guest. Because of the historic nature of the building, we are working closely with the National Parks and Recreation service to add signage to our hotel while preserving the historic look of our building. We are hoping to get a resolution soon that will satisfy all requirments and help our guest find us better.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

S. Woodham
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We drove up through OKC to stay at the Aloft for a friend's wedding. It was fabulous-- the amenities, the little bar, the view. I was impressed! The bed was great and loved the modern feel. Perfect wedding hotel as it treated the guests like royalty.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kest0
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, 5 June 2014

SF Bay Area
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I checked in here about 5:30 on a Saturday, unpacked, got dressed and went out to dinner. When I got back, around 9:30, I was surprised that -- from my second-floor room -- I could hear a wedding reception in full swing just below my window, loud music and all. Why in the world would they have put me here, and not on the other side of the hotel -- when it clearly was not full? I was too tired to ask that I be moved to another room -- or to do the necessary packing up, even if they'd said yes -- so I put in my earplugs and hoped it wouldn't go on too late into the night.
Apart from that -- the signage needs to be much better - we had a hard time finding the place. The entry into the hotel is underwhelming, to say the least. You take the elevator to the P level -- not L -- for the lobby, where eventually you figure out where you can check in. The front desk staff, over the two days I stayed, was pleasant but clearly young and inexperienced -- are there any grown-ups working here? The food available from the sundries area was amazingly overpriced. On the second morning, I thought of trying one of the freshly made options, but there was no one to be found in the tiny kitchen area -- so I gave up and found a place to eat outside the hotel. The terminals offered for printing boarding passes did not work, but the desk clerk offered to print mine there at the desk, which was helpful. My room could have used a good vacuuming. And really, how much more could it cost to get some decent toilet tissue?
On the positive side -- spacious room, very comfortable bed, well-placed reading light, and lots of outlets, easy to access, for chargers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Stephen Woodham

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Ada, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We picked this hotel for an overnight stay after a show at Cain's Ballroom and it was perfect. It is a bit of a walk but it was pretty outside so it didn't matter. This was a super retro-inspired place and we loved it. The staff was helpful and personable. We come to Tulsa a lot and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location next to Cox Center and BOK Center. Walkable distance to Brady district if you are inclined. There is a free hotel shuttle that will take you as well (which we made use of).

Rooms are cheap and pretty nice. Had a double corner suite with an EXCELLENT view.

The lounge was cool and modern. Pool table and lots of couches. Drinks a bit pricey ($6 for draft).

No free breakfast. There were signs on the wall for a traditional breakfast with eggs, bacon, toast, etc but they said they were out of that and could only make sandwiches. Sandwich was eggs, bacon, sausage, etc on a bun. Not sure why they could make that and not the other - it's the same stuff!

The staff was nice but I get the feeling they were all new. They seemed short staffed.

Everyone seemed to have problem with parking. Watch for the signs and you will find the garage. There was a concert at the BOK that night with Event Parking right near the garage which made it confusing.

Room Tip: Go for the suites.