“Cute hotel, needs work”

Ranked #33 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Roland, Oklahoma
“Cute hotel, needs work”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a little hard to get to/find. Parking is under the hotel, but when you walk in, you can't check in. You have to go to another floor, and stand in a line with people purchasing stuff from their "store". Its just a little awkward to have to leave your vehicle sitting and not still see it when checking it.
Got exactly what I booked, a two queen with fold out couch. Perfect for 2 adults, two teens, and two hound children. Check in was easy, although could have been friendlier, found room easily. Layout is a little odd but atoll workable.
Upon getting our stuff to the room, we found that there was no fridge, and when trying to call the front desk, found that the phone didn't work and was actually for another room. (IP phones) One of the teens went to check in desk to let them.know, and the maintenance man arrived quickly. Looked at the phone and said he'd have to search for a while to find a phone, told him not to worry about it, we all have cells. Brought a fridge pretty quick with no qualms about it.
Our AC couldn't cool the room the first night. Room temp wouldn't drop below 72, even overnight. So, we left a note for house keeping, instead of going all the way to the desk again.
I tip generously, and tip by the day, rather than the end of the stay and left a $5 for the first day. Left a note about needing additional towels (we had 4 for 6 people) and extra sugar for the coffee. We came back to the room that afternoon and it seemed the ac was fixed, but no extra sugar, only 3 towels and my not was left by my luggage.
Also- hope you stay when there isn't something for motorcycle groups going on. Between their pipes and radios every adventure into the underground parking was loud and obnoxious. Even my children who love bikes were perturbed and plugged their ears.
All in all, okay stay, clean room, but service is lacking.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked double-queen on-line. Sold out upon arrival, got upgraded to jr. suite without hesitation by friendly reception staff. Spacious room, new-age colors and styles, dare I say "hip"? Large flat screen TVs, very nice bath/shower arrangement, fridge. Quiet night, good night sleep. Located downtown, not easy to find, GPS goes wrong. Parking $8. Breakfast bar/service/self-help store was disorganized, short on supplies. Staff was scrambling (but not eggs). Still managed to get a good cup of cappuccino and a toasted bagel with cream cheese for a reasonable charge. If the hotel would have been fully booked, that area would have been total chaos. On a weekend, I would stay again at Aloft.

Room Tip: the upper the better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our hotel!

We are making changes in our food selection and availability in our Refuel and WXYZ food areas that are sure to please our guest with more variety at reasonable prices.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Manor TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

I have been in Aloft hotels before, but this one was my favorite. It was repurposed as a hotel and used to be City Hall!! Very big campus, modern and clean room, albeit a little more compact than average hotel rooms. Still it was roomy enough for 2 adults and 2 young kids. The tall windows were very nice and looked out into the city. I was able to get a whiskey at the hotel bar which was very relaxing. Also, the hotel provided plenty of airport-style luggage carts on the parking level. There was plenty of covered, well lit, secure parking with a guard on duty. Hotel is a few blocks from the Blue Dome District which offered plenty of great food options like Joe Momma's ( yummy wings and pizza) and Dilly Deli (great breakfast/lunch). If I stay in Tulsa again I'll probably stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Beardmastergeneral

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Aloft Tulsa Downtown 2 weeks ago for one night during a road trip. The following night we realized my son had left his favorite stuffed animal (lots of crying). We called the hotel and the lady at the front desk was extremely nice and did everything to find the toy. She found it and was nice enough to mail it to our house the next day. We are really thankful!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Unique space, clean, beds are fine. Customer service is terrible. Called to confirm my reservation several times and each time there was confusion. We arrived around 6 pm and our room was not ready for check-in. Again, some customer service or an apology for the room not being ready would of been welcome.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S B
swoodham, General Manager at Aloft Tulsa Downtown, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

Let me personally apologize for your room not being ready when you arrived. I know how frustrating that can be.

I have shared your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so that we can determine what occurred and to put a resolution in place so that we do not have this situation moving forward.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Farmington, Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was very frustrated with the hotel. I had a reservation, confirmation number and when I arrived at the hotel, I was told that they had overbooked and they were unable to give me a room. Their solution was to walk me to another hotel a few blocks away and they would comp us for one night. After 11 and 1/2 hours of driving to spend the weekend with my daughters dance team we did not want to stay at a different facility, nor did we want to walk in the dark with all of our bags. We were told several times by the service desk that there were absolutely no other rooms and we had no other options. Luckily, another dance mom, generously allowed us to stay in her room. Later, I stopped at the service desk to see if they would comp her room for that night and they were checking someone in. They had lied...they has rooms, but only for their GOLD members. My confirmation says guaranteed reservation with a master card, which is what I used.
Also, I have great concerns with their security. When I went to see if they would compensate the person that was allowing me to stay in their room for a night, I asked if it would be possible to get a key for that room. The service person handed me a key without question. I could have been anyone, they did not need permission from the person who actually rented the room or any sort of ID from myself. Kinda scary! The pool and patio was way smaller than it appears on the website and getting your room cleaned or the proper amount of towels was a challenge the entire weekend. I had to pay almost $40 more than I was quoted to stay on Saturday night. It was one problem after another. I will never stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kari B
Dear Guest,

As the new General Manager, I have brought in a new team of Department Heads to help address some of the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I can promise you that we will get these issues corrected.

S. Woodham

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Bartlesville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful. It's located close to lots of things, like; BOX Center, Convention Center, lots of restaurants, music and more. Very clean and cool design. Breakfast is not great, but I've had worse.

• Stayed May 2014