“great for the rate, but....”

Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport
Ranked #82 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
lawrence
“great for the rate, but....”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I booked this hotel from a travel website which I had only used once before with decent luck. I got a great deal on this hotel. But the room was a little disappointing considering it was a three star. The carpet was a little worn, the grout around the tub was dirty looking, the bathroom was itty bitty, and the room was small. The A/C unit was pretty loud, but my husband slept through it. The clerk who checked us in was very nice, we did have a king size bed (although the select number didn't work on one side), we had free internet and the hot breakfast in the morning was pretty good, with a varied selection of items.
Would I stay here again - probably with the discounted rate I found online. Would I have paid full price or a higher price - no, it would have felt like a rip off.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LawrenceJhawk1
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for the comments about your stay with us. I am happy you found the staff enjoyable and will look into the other comments. I hope you have safe travels and will come back on your next trip to Tulsa OK.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Tulsa
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The hotel is not new. Proceeding from reception to your room may require a wing-to-wing hike. But the staff is friendly, the rooms are ok (quiet, clean, mattress firm, no surcharge for Wi-Fi), and proximity to the airport couldn't be better. If you’re internet savvy you should be able to book at a fire-sale rate. This 3-star offers good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We try to offer a great location and very friendly staff. We are looking forward to doing a great renovation this next year to update our hotel. We are happy that you stayed with us and look forward to seeing you next time you travel to Tulsa Oklahoma.
Bonita Springs, Florida
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

This place is just horrible. It's ONLY VALUE is location to the airport....it's on the grounds. At checkin they had every piece of our information wrong, so we had to start from scratch. The map to our room and direction was completely wrong. Our room was on the opposite side of the hotel vs. the directions. The hotel is in DIRE NEED OF UPGRADE. The bathroom is a pit. Putty on the floor. Gaps in the shower. The WIFI was so slow, 4 different devises timed out trying to connect. Next time I'll go across the street to the Hilton Garden.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I am very sorry for your experiance, The Hotel is under new managment and we are planning a full scale renovation at this time. I am very sorry that you had issues with your reservation and directions from the room. It is our hope to provide great customer service and and even better product in the near future. Thank you

Travellers are raving about these Tulsa hotels

Citrus Heights, California
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The Clarion in Tulsa at the airport---First impression was this would be fine for all of us, I was with my boyfriend and his daughter, her husband, and there two little boys, we had to catch a flight the next day, so convenience was great. Our rooms looked ok, needed updating but no big deal, but the bed was like sleeping on a box spring, hard as a rock! uncomfortable! the carpet was old and dirty frayed, our much needed rest was not restful. my friends daughter and her husband had a sleep number but one side wouldn't work, one side did, needles to say there stay was uncomfortable and would never use this Hotel again, there Carpet was wet, the fire alarm went off at 4am and woke us up, the desk said, they have a glitch in the system and it just goes off whenever, they can't seem to get it fixed. the Hotel is in desperate need of good mattresses, and some updating, the staff was friendly enough but said they couldn't do anything about our complaints there wasn't a manager there, Would never stay there again or any Clarion for that matter!

Room Tip: Go across the street to another Hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
AndrewLisaFam, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
I am very sorry about your experiance at the hotel. We do have the sleep number beds and the pumps do sometimes come loose on one side or the other I am sorry the Desk didn't offer to have our evening on call Maintanice come up to the hotel to fix this if you mentioned it before check out. I thank you for your comments as they help us to resolve issues and be better prepared for all our guests. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 5 May 2013

When we arrived a wonderful young lady named Lori quickly helped us while managing many other tasks simultaneously. After settling into a clean, charming room (167), we discovered that a screaming child was staying across the hall, and Lori helped us move to another room (212). While hotel staff were quick to help throughout the experience, the second room really needed some decorating attention (torn wall paper, poor tiling with rotting door in the bathroom and other up-keeping). Also, this king-bed room had a sleep number bed which I know some people love and others hate. Strangely, my side of the bed deflated during the night, so I guess my sleep number is zero. I encourage a stay here because of the staff, but you may want to bring ear plugs and an inflatable mattress.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask if your bed has a sleep-number bed if that matters to you.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed in room 107, ground floor, near the lobby. I guess this is one of the rooms that has not been updated yet. Our bed was not a sleep number bed, because I couldn't find anywhere to put in a number although it was fairly comfortable. There was no closet door which was OK but where the door would go, there was a break in the carpet so that about 2 inches of concrete was showing. The headboard was mounted at an angle - I thought it was loose on the wall but no, it was solid just very uneven. The bathroom is very small - the counter had the coffee maker and condiments on it and there was no room left to put our toiletries. One wall had wallpaper that had been painted over not very well - there was mold on it. It looked like there was a new light fixture and mirror in the bathroom. The carpet is old and there were holes in the wall that had been painted over. The room looked like it was in the middle of a renovation - don't think they should put guests in there.
When we checked in at 3:30pm, the front desk clerks didn't know whether there were any king rooms which had been cleaned yet. We waited while they tried to contact housekeeping and while they visited with each other.
On the positive side, the morning breakfast was very good with a variety of food choices.
Glad we were only staying 1 night.

Room Tip: Ask for any updated room.
Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My flight was 2+ hours late on a Sunday night. My original hotel would not hold their shuttle driver over. Corp res center changed me two this hotel and Harold was right there when the flight finally got in.

Sleep number bed is a nice touch. Breakfast was great and coffee was free--out here in OK Oklahoma!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ManagerHGI, General Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We hope to see you next time you are in Tulsa.