“Want to give praise where praise is due!”

Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport
Ranked #81 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here on Dec 31, 2013 just my husband and I and we always are treated very well!
But this paticular night, we met a young man named Lowell that made our New Year one that we will cherish because he went out of his way to help us on a paticular situation that wasn't even anything related to the motel, but because of his kindess and compassion it made the sitation bearable!
I just want to thank the hotel for hiring a staff that cares about their customers!

P.s. Sometimes all someone really needs is a smile and a geniune kind word to turn a situation from seeming frustrating to realizing that sometimes things happen for a reason and its out of our control but in the end we decide if thats going to determine our attitude! Thank you Lowell for that genuine kindness!
God Bless
Eric and Danielle

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Patti C, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Eric and Danielle, we want to thank you for taking the time to write your review. We're so pleased that Lowell was able to help you with your situation. We are very proud of all our employees and are so glad that Lowell was able to assist you. He will definitely be commended for his efforts. We hope you will stay with us again if you are in our area in the future.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Good: Within walking distance of the Tulsa airport so it is very convenient in that regard. They do have a shuttle service available starting very early in the morning so if you have an early flight you are right there. It is very easy to get to as you are entering the airport area. The dining area was nice and the provided breakfast was reasonable. The lobby area was clean and spacious. The staff we interacted with were dutifully polite. Our room had the "sleep number" type inflatable beds. There is a bar and restaurant in-house but we did not visit either one.

The Bad: The facility is showing its age a bit. The worst part for us was the very small bath area with a peeling ceiling and some light mold above the shower. I realize this particular area is hard to keep maintained especially if there is no forced air venting system, but this was not what I expected from a Clarion.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Good afternoon MKM65610 and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We're pleased that our location was convenient for your needs and that you were able to use our shuttle service. We're glad that our staff provided courteous service during your stay and that you had time for breakast in Prato's. We do want to apologize for the condition of the bathroom in your guestroom. The hotel was built several years ago and the bathrooms are small. Unfortunately, we can't change that. However, we do sincerely apologize for the mold and the peeling ceiling. If you would please contact us with your room number we will get it fixed for future guests. Thank you again for your review and we do hope you will stay with us when you're back in the area.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a decent place to stay very close to TUL Airport.

The hotel is LARGE and seems it was something similar to a Ramada or Radisson prior to taking the Clarion moniker. The hotel was clean and nothing stood out. Just crashed and showered before a early morning flight. Staff was polite and nice.

Cheaper than the Hilton Garden Inn across the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Patti C, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Good Morning Jeremy M and thank you for writing your review of our property. You were right; the hotel was originally built as a Radisson and is quite large. I appreciate you noting the cleanliness of our hotel and the courtesy of our staff. It appears that we were just what you needed for a quick night's stay. Thank you again and I do hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I recently stayed for one week thru New Years. I wasn't sure what to expect based on reviews on this site. But I have to say that the negative reviews are not accurate. I thought this could end up being huge a mistake. It was not. When I walked in the Lobby was immaculate, the Front Desk Clerk was very helpful and nice. The room was in very good condition, didn't have any issues.
Breakfast might have been the best complimentary that I have ever had. The only negative thing that can be said was a problem that was out of their control. The weather was very cold and a nearby water main ruptured. I received a notice and planned accordingly.

I booked through a discount website. This was well worth the discounted rate I paid.

Also, the location is very convenient. It's right next door to the airport. I had an early flight on my departure date and walked to the gate. Took me 5 minutes. My bags were already checked and really didn't make sense for me to take the shuttle.

My flight was canceled due to the weather and needed to stay an additional night. The second room was very nice and spacious. I will and have recommended this hotel. I'm glad I ignored some of the negative reviews.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fernando R
Patti C, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Good Morning Fernando R and thank you for taking the time to write your very nice review of our property. I'm so pleased you noticed the cleanliness of our lobby and enjoyed the comfort of your room. We have an excellent housekkeeping staff and I will be happy to tell them their hard work is being noticed. I'm happy that you mentioned our hot breakfast buffet in Prato's. We try to offer something for all guests to enjoy and it's nice to know we're doing a good job. Thank you for your high praise and for recommending us. We hope you will be staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

First off being stuck in Tulsa due to flights being canceled was enough stress. Had to get a hotel, united airlines would not pay for room, so we come to the clarion. Had to call 4 times for the shuttle. After check in about noon, ask about a place to eat lunch. Girl at hotel counter said they were not serving lunch due to a problem with kitchen. But the main dining area would open at 4. Come 4, went to eat. Man in the cafe said it would be around 5 because the cook had not arrived. 5 returned. He said he thinks there are 2 hamburgers and a BLT left. They sold out of food in one hour with no cook??? Went across street in freezing weather to see in the other hotel had a cook. They said that the clarion had fired all their kitchen staff January 1. So..... the people at the clarion had basically lied to us.

In the room, the "sleep number" bed was missing the controller. Called front desk. Was told, "we don't have any more". And of course, with all the flights canceled there was no other room. We did manage to sleep a little.. Just too tired to deal with more disappointment.

Won't be back here!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene74437
Patti C, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Good afternoon Streetmedik and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I'm so sorry that it wasn't a positive one. We have recently undergone several changes in our services and staff. I'm sorry that you were here during this transition. It obviously did not go as smoothly as we had hoped. Bentley's should be serving dinner at 4pm and there's certainly no excuse for the cook not being here and prepared to take care of our guests. Thank you for sharing this problem with us and I can assure you that this situation has been corrected. I also want to apologize for the issue with your bed and hope you were able to get a good night's sleep before your flight out. Thank you again for your comments and the opportunity to improve our service..

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed for 5 nights over Thanksgiving weekend. The hotel was great.
The rooms were spacious and clean. I had asked for one of the updated rooms and i was not disappointed. We had room 125. Sleep number beds, fridge, microwave, spacious, clean, wonderful!
The desk clerk, Samantha, fantastic! She was super helpful at check in, great all weekend. They were very busy but she always had a smile.
Breakfast was good, lots to choose from. i was hoping they would change it up over the course of the days but they didn't. Bummer.
The kids room was a great idea! A tv, dvd player with movies and a bunch of games for them. Genius!
The bar was fun. Bartenders were fantastic.
Freeway access was fantastic.
Even though it is airport close, we didn't hear the planes.
My only complaint was the ac would turn off in the room and i was dying of heat. Maintenance said it was because it was 30 degrees outside and i had the ac set to 65. Whoops!
All in all i give the hotel a 9 out of 10. I would stay there anytime I was in Tulsa.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the updated rooms. You will not be sorry!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michellegregory
Patti C, Manager at Clarion Inn Tulsa International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Good afternoon Michelle and thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. It is such a pleasure to know that the property and our staff are appreciated. Simanthia is a treasure. Each guest's satisfaction is the first thing on her mind. We know she does a great job and we're pleased that our guests recognize her outstanding service as well. I'm happy you were pleased with your room and our hot breakfast buffet. I'll pass along your comments about the possiblity of changing it up a bit each day. I'm also happy that you enjoyed Bentley's Bar & Grill and that your childern were able to spend some time in the "team room". Thank you again and we hope that we will be seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

We just have a big group last month staying at Clarion. Dan, the sales manager was so kind and the supervisor at night is so warm to all the guest in the group. I have no bad things to say about this hotel..some reviews say that its disgusting and condition of the room is really bad. With all 60 rooms booked at this hotel, I have more positive reviews in my group than the trip advisor itself. You cannot trust all the reviews(no offense) because most of those complainers are used to Hilton and Marriott hospitality. I cannot say this hotel is bad at all for the price we paid. Beds are way better than shady motels that the reviews are saying..breakfast is way yummy compared to most breakfast that are served in other hotels old pastries and coffee.

Room Tip: You can ask the front desk for their renovated rooms that just got done maybe you will be happier st...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank couponing4bmx

Good afternoon couponing4bmx and thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel. We're glad you found your room and bed comfortable and that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Our staff strives to make sure every guest has a good experience and we are so happy to know that you did. Dan works very closely with all our groups to make sure every detail is covered and he will be glad to know that he is appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. Our staff will be pleased to hear your comments and we do hope you will be staying with us again in the future.