“Good service”

Mexicali Border Cafe
Ranked #64 of 1,335 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Got seated immediately. I was dining alone. The waitress was training someone. The trainee was very friendly the only complaint/issue I had with the service was that I felt a little rushed. The bar area did seem pretty busy. I did not partake of any alcoholic beverages so I am unable to comment on the quality of the bar. I ordered the spinach enchilada's. The food was good and quick to come out but nothing that I would be supper excited to go back to have. It would be interested in finding out if the fajitas are as good as they looked like they would be. The cost was average. If ever in the Tulsa area again I would likely find another place to try.

There are newer reviews for Mexicali Border Cafe

Reviewed 20 August 2013

It is a Mexican food near the Brady theater.
The food is not verygood for the Mexican food which I ate in the past. It is quite expensive disk.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We ate here before a concert at The Brady Theatre. I had the chicken tortilla soup and a Margarita Chicken Salad. The salads are huge, buy the way. I only ate about half. My friends had tacos, enchiladas and burritos. The food was very good. The chips & salsa were also good. The margaritas looked absolutely delicious, but we had wine to drink in our room, so we passed. Great location, right across the street from our hotel.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Started with complimentary salsa and chips and found the salsa a little bland. Other than that the food was surprisingly good. I say surprisingly because the interior needs some attention to detail. It just looks dirty with the concrete floor and brooms and dustpans sitting out in various spots throughout the restaurant. I probably would not have eaten here if it wasn't so convenient to the hotel and short on time.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stopped in the middle of the afternoon for a drink and a light snack. The bartender was very engaging and knowledgeable about margaritas and tequila. She made us several varieties, all very good. Plus they were large and priced very well. Chips, salsa, and guacamole were good too