“Delicious”

Mexicali Border Cafe
Ranked #96 of 1,393 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Ordered a chicken salad with a mango dressing, absolutely delicious!!! I definitely recommend going there for business or leisure.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Regardless of your plans for lunch or dinner, skip this restaurant. Years ago this was one of the best Mexican restaurants in Tulsa. We just had lunch here while meeting a friend last week. We needed a place close to our downtown hotel and I suggested another restaurant. But, this is the one others chose, specifically my husband.

I believe he was thinking of the original Mexicali Border Cafe. This isn't it. This is like eating in well, a border cafe, with everything rushed, disorganized and not appetizing.

My husband doesn't say a lot about a bad dining experience, he simply doesn't go back. The enchiladas were the worst my husband said he has eaten. I'm not an enchilada person, so I thought mine was fine. Our colleague did not comment about his meal. Chips and salsa, my particalar favorite, were fine. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. This is not a place to have a business lunch as it's very noisy. This is odd since the restaurant is located very close to downtown. Afterward, my husband advised he won't be back. This was disappointing.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Went to mexicali to eat new years eve with the family before going to a concert at the Cain's arrived at the resturant was told it would be about 25 min wait approx 1hr and 15 minutes later was seated waited about another 10 min before some one asked us what we wanted to drink we ordered our food 3 of us ate soup 1 asked for cheese queso w/beef it arrived unfortunately for us it was the worst dinner we had ever had first impressions mean alot and your resturant did not leave a very good one I did not say anything to anyone because we were already late for the concert due to the wait but I did leave a note on my receipt (LEAVING IT FACE UP TO BE SEEN)stating this is the worst meal i have ever had left my name and # hoping that someone would call or comp our meal but as i seen today my card was ran for $42.22 and 5.00 of that was a tip. 1st and last time at Mexicali Boarder Cafe.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Great food and drinks. I love Mexican food and Mexicali is definitely one of my favorites. I make it a point to come back every time I visit Tulsa :)

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Got seated immediately. I was dining alone. The waitress was training someone. The trainee was very friendly the only complaint/issue I had with the service was that I felt a little rushed. The bar area did seem pretty busy. I did not partake of any alcoholic beverages so I am unable to comment on the quality of the bar. I ordered the spinach enchilada's. The food was good and quick to come out but nothing that I would be supper excited to go back to have. It would be interested in finding out if the fajitas are as good as they looked like they would be. The cost was average. If ever in the Tulsa area again I would likely find another place to try.

Been to Mexicali Border Cafe? Share your experiences!