“A small friendly family restaurant - excellent food”

Cancun International Restaurant
Ranked #559 of 1,303 Restaurants in Tulsa
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Harrow, United Kingdom
“A small friendly family restaurant - excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

On holiday here in Tulsa our hosts took us for lunch at Cancun estaurant

A small friendly unassuming place but with a warm family feel to it

I am not a Mexican food buff but the tacos were delicious as was my wife's shrimp cocktail

She rated her meal the best one of its type she has ever tried

The young waiter (son of the owner) was very attentive and made us very welcome

• Visited June 2014

San Marcos, TX
“Jane and Michael Stern owe me a refund.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place seems to get rave reviews, and my initial interest was from a book by Jane and Michael Stern called "Roadfood". They didn't steer me wrong on a couple of other places I tried, so I figured I was good to go here. Not likely. I gave the menudo a shot. It was bland, and except for a vague taste of lime, I would have thought the broth was dishwater. The place has no pizzazz either. The service was the only high mark.

• Visited May 2014
New York City, New York
“Not Tex-Mex. Superior authenticity & quality. Warning: Cash only.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I can't think of Mexican food I've had anywhere that's as good. I had goat tacos. The quality of everything was a step above. Prices were low, esp for the superior quality food. Decor and service were average, but the substance is what counts and that's where they delivered. Food: definitely recommend. On the down side: they didn't take credit cards and failed to give you reasonable notice. It's 2014. The default reasonable assumption is that customers will be able to pay by credit card. The staff should make a point to tell you because a tiny sign on the front door hidden among countless stickers and other on the door isn't realistic.

Their hours are unreliable and odd. It's worth calling ahead to see if they're open. More than once, I've dropped by to find it closed during posted hours.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jk10019
Samntha
“Muy Bueno REAL Mexican Food!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Great Mexican food and fabulous service! The staff always made sure we had chips/salsa and refills on our drinks. We really enjoyed our street tacos, carne asada nachos, chimichangas, beans and rice! Everything was fresh and hot and we will definitely be going back when we need our REAL Mexican food fix! **There was a sign on the window that stated: CASH ONLY**

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank AGM-222
Denver, Colorado
“Good authentic food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I was looking for good Mexican food that was on my way to the airport, but not too far out of the way. I went at 4 pm so the place was dead. We had the place all to ourselves. I judge every Mexican restaurant on the same basic things. 1. How are their chips and salsa....theirs were good...not great. The chips were fresh, but a little thicker than I like. The salsa was also fresh and good, but I wasn't blown away. 2. How is their beef burrito....I couldn't decide between ground beef and shredded beef so our waitress said she would make me one with half of each. Great idea. The burrito was absolutely wonderful and while both halves were good, the shredded beef won out as best.

• Visited March 2013