“Fun place for dinner”

El Rancho Grande
Ranked #268 of 1,336 Restaurants in Tulsa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

We love to try new places to eat just for fun. Part of what we enjoyed about this restaurant is that it is one of the oldest establishments in Tulsa operating in its original location on historic Route 66. The chips and salsa were tasty- we found the salsa hot but couldn't stop eating it!!! My husband had the chicken burrito and I had the fish tacos. We both enjoyed our meals.

1  Thank Revswife623
There are newer reviews for El Rancho Grande

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I read reviews that were very mixed. I had eaten here 20 years ago and didn't remember whether or not I liked it. My brother and I eat out lunch several times a month and we both wanted to give this restaurant a try. We were very surprised at how much we enjoyed our lunch. The salsa was mildly hot. We loved it. The chips were warm and tasty. We ordered beef and chicken fajitas that were excellent. We were very happy with our meal and the service. We have found a new favorite!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

My high school Spanish class dined here in 1961 and I have loved this place ever since. I have to say that my husband and I find the service to be the very best we have experienced anywhere! The food is delicious and very reasonable. We dine here again and again because it is the best Tex-Mex in Tulsa!

1  Thank Sharon1123
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Located on 'Highway 66' this restaurant originally opened in 1953/54 It is just off of 11th and Utica Streets in Tulsa. The menu features time tested recipes, consistently prepared. If you are a fan of Tex-Mex it is the place for you in Tulsa. With the expansion of the parking lot there is plenty of parking (well lighted also). You just can't beat El Rancho Grande for the food, service and atmosphere.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My first visit to El Rancho Grande was in 1966 when my high school Spanish class had an outing so we could experience Mexican (Tex-Mex) food. It was my first taste and I've loved it since. This restaurant has been at the same location on historic Route 66 (East 11th Street) since 1953! I'm wondering how many thousands of travelers had their first Mexican food here. I still meet up with friends here once or twice a month, mainly for their all-you-can-eat buffet of enchiladas, tacos, refried beans and rice...but they also have a great menu with their famous "Nighthawk". They keep the restaurant clean and the servers, some of whom have been there seemingly forever, are all very friendly and efficient. It is a Tulsa icon. You'll know it by the sign out front. Do yourselves a favor. Es una buena comida!

Been to El Rancho Grande? Share your experiences!