“Nice place for lunch”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 71st and Yale
Description: For over 30 years, the French Hen Bistro and Wine Bar has presented classic French cuisine, prime steaks and fresh seafood, with a wine list to match. Known not only for special occasions and casual nights out, the French Hen hosts business functions and parties in its private dining room. Look for the lighthouse at 71st and Yale.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I had lunch here recently. He ordered the pork chop medallion and I had a chicken entree. His pork chop was very chewy but my chicken was quite good. We shared a berry creme brûlée for dessert. Loved the crunchy sugar top and berries but the custard part was a little on the heavy side. The ambience is very nice; small tables with linen tablecloths and a coziness that was conducive to couples, friends, or co-workers. Prices are high but we had a groupon which helped.

• Visited September 2013

Oklahoma
“Lovely evening and dinner”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We dined here to celebrate an occasion and to see how the French Hen was doing since the new ownership took place. The last couple of times we had been here had been a little disappointing but the new owner has made improvements in food and service. We also purchased a groupon which helped with the cost. The dinner was excellent, the server very knowledgeable and thoughtful. I ordered the fried oysters for an appetizer. I could have eaten about 20 of them they were so good, the sauce exquisite. Husband ordered the salad. For entrees I had the beef tenderloin Rossini with foie gras and truffle sauce. Just wonderful. My husband ordered the Bouillabaisse which he thought was a little bland, but I thought tasted just as it should-it's not really a spicy dish.He ordered a glass of Pinot Gris-can't remember which one. I skipped wine as I didn't see a wine by the glass that interested me, although there was a good selection of bottles. We are not given to sweets so had no desert. It's so nice to have a fine dining option in this area of Tulsa and it is hoped that they continue to be successful. It was a Wednesday evening and there were only about 7 tables occupied so I wonder how the weekends are doing. Nicely done, Ms. Bondy.

1 Thank jatenne9
The World
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

The French Hen is one of those really nice restaurants that never disappoints. The atmosphere is quietly comfortable but luxurious, the wait staff is professional, the wine list is interesting while not excessively expensive, and the food is innovative without being strange. We keep coming back.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

After a two year absence, my wife and I returned to the French Hen. The decor is the same and the food as good as we remembered. We had the shrimp and crab cheesecake appetizer topped with lightly breaded onion rings that, along with the hot bread, was a great start to a fine meal. After salads, we had pan fried brown trout over wild rice with a tasty sauce and capers, and scallop and shrimp pasta. Both were very good with much larger servings than normal in an upscale restaurant. In fact we took half of each home to save room for delicious desserts. Both the expresso chocolate mousse and the chocolate pate were very good with enough chocolate taste to sate any craving for the elixir. The server was prompt, friendly and knowledgeable but never intrusive. Overall, a very enjoyable way to spend an evening.

Bremerton, Washington, United States
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The lunch menu offered a nice variety of choices. The lemon dijon chicken was excellent, and the coffee chocolate mousse was wonderful (and large enough to share)! The bistro atmosphere is relaxing and inviting. The service was top-notch. We would definitely return to the French Hen.

• Visited July 2013

Been to French Hen? Share your experiences!