“Elevator noise”

Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Ranked #11 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Elevator noise”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

I am at the hotel as I write this note and we booked our room online about 2 weeks ago. Our room is located on 3rd floor a few rooms behind the elevator lobby and you can constantly here the elevator(s) travel up and down and problem becomes even more evident at sleeping time when it's all quiet and tv is off.
I approached the front desk today and they are aware of the problem but supposedly have not been able to resolve it and neither able to move us to another room.
My wife and I barely slept last night and its not going to get better tonight. I am not sure if this was our punishment for making a web reservation and getting a package deal but have to deal with it for 2 more days.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate it. I apologize for the issues with the elevator noise. We are attempting to rectify this. Hopefully we will have this addressed before you stay with us again.

I again apologize and hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

918-560-2204

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Upon arrival, no bellhop greeted us or offered help with luggage. Check in on upper level not clearly marked. There was a short line at the desk, and we were encouraged to use the kiosk which was easy, but not personal. The room was nice, but the TV is not in HD. We took the shuttle to Oktoberfest, had to wait over an hour to get a shuttle back. Around 11am I started trying to call the vallet/bellhop to ask them to call me a cab. I got an answering machine twice. I tried guest services (0 which also happens to be listed as the # to dial in emergencies) no answer. I tried a total of three times. No answer. Went downstairs, no line at the desk. Asked them to call us a cab. They told us they don't do that for guests, but gave me a card to a cab company. Called and the cab came and picked up someone else! There was a huge line for the vallet, I never once saw a bellhop or vallet driver. The traffic was out of control with no vallets to move cars and three large sporting team buses trying to load. Two cops were trying to help with traffic, but nobody was moving the cars that needed to be parked. We Googled for another cab company called them and they told us they were not able to pickup there, call City Cab. We called City Cab, no answer. After waiting for more than 30 minutes at the chaotic and unorganized circle drive out front, we decided to start walking and finally got ahold of a cab company that could pick us up. It took more than an hour to find transportation. Was so stressful and made us an hour late to our comittment.

This hotel is NOT worth the money. I would not trust them to park my car or pick me up in the airport shuttle, after all, they didn't even answer their phone. The complete lack of service is not worth it. The most impressive service I received was from a kiosk. Do not stay here unless you like terrible service.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Seribel
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey regarding our hotel. I do apologize for the desk and valet not answering the phone. I will address this immediately. I do know they were very busy, but we should have answered the phone.

I apologize for the taxi companies in Tulsa. We, the hotel community, have been trying to bring them up to standards.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the Hyatt for a concert at the Convention Center. Although a bit of a walk, it wasn't too bad really. It's very close to the Blue Dome District, where there's lot of good bars and restaurants. I love being able to stay in a place and get around by foot. The valet was very quick and helpful. Check in was super fast and without issues, as was checkout. Some friends of ours were staying there too and they happily placed us in side by side rooms, without any previous notice. I was surprised that when we left for the day that we came back to a room that wasn't cleaned at 3 p.m. So I called down for more towels and toilet paper and they brought it up within 5 minutes. We laid down for a nap and then housekeeping showed up around at 4:45 p.m. Thought that was a bit strange...not sure if we were supposed to request that kind of stuff, but at other hotels the rooms are cleaned earlier than that. The rooms are nice, beds very comfortable, clean and the pillows are very soft. I LOVE the fact they have an ipod dock in the room!! Great for us hanging out and enjoying some drinks in the room. I didn't eat at the Daily Grill but I heard it was really good. It's probably a good idea to not stay near the elevators because you hear them ALL night going up and down, but I guess I got used to it after awhile. The bathroom is somewhat small but there's a nice dressing area outside of it perfect for doing your makeup. There's a fantastic view of downtown from the rooms. Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I was attending an event downtown.

Room Tip: Don't stay near elevators. Take advantage of all the bars and restaurants to visit nearby.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We appreciate all the kind words. We are working on a solution to the elevator noise. I do apologize that it affected your stay. I will also address the housekeeping issue, we should have been to your room earlier in the day.

We appreciate you mentioning the bars and restaurants close by. Downtown is the happening place now in Tulsa. With the BOK Center 3 blocks away and the Blue Dome and Brady Districts so close, the Hyatt Regency Tulsa is in the center of it all.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

For our anniversary, DH and I decided on a staycation, so we booked a few days at the Hyatt. Check-in was fast and friendly. Our room overlooked a small courtyard, the performing arts center, and downtown area. The buildings are beautiful at night esp from the 12th floor. Although it is a relatively nice hotel, I was a bit disappointed. I expected more from the Hyatt. The room's size was okay, but the furnishings were somewhat worn. The carpet had long loose treads with some areas needing vacuuming. The bathroom was on the small side but okay except for the slow sink drain and the non-lighting mirror. Like I said, this hotel is okay, relatively nice, but not as nice as I expected.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the kind words and observations.

Just an FYI, we are going to replace half the room carpet in 2103 and half in 2014.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

Staying here made my entire trip fantastic.
Great location, fantastic room even though it was near elevators still didn't disturb me. Great interior decor in the lobby and my room.
The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the airport.
All the staff I had the opportunity to speak with we're friendly and most helpful.

• Stayed May 2012
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
WOW!! Thank you for the great review. We appreciate all the kind words. Thank you for mentioning our staff. We take great pride in our service and it is very nice when we are recognized for it.

Thank you and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I'm a Hyatt Platinum member, and only needed five more nights to get to Diamond level. I had business in North Arkansas, and not being ready to go back home yet, combined with the fact that I needed only a few more nights for Diamond status, plus never being to the state of Oklahoma before, caused me to decide to drive the 200 miles to Tulsa. I made a reservation for four nights, using my corporate rate, in a Regency Club King Room.

I arrived at the hotel around 8PM, I would have gotten there sooner but I did not realize all the tollways surrounding Tulsa, and I didn't have change, so I had to take alternate routes. Downtown was pretty much dead at this time of night on a weeknight, which was fine by me since I was nervous anyway driving in an unfamiliar city. Made it easier to get to the hotel. The GPS led me right to the door. A bellman/valet greeted me, helped me unload my luggage onto a cart, and let me know he'd park the car and would have my luggage up to the room in about ten minutes.

I had to go up an escalator to the second floor in order to check in, the young man greeted me, acknowledged me as a Platinum Passport member, explained to me the amenities of the Regency Club, included a slip of paper that said the hours, etc. When I told him it was my first visit to Tulsa, he gave me a small map of downtown, which showed some restaurants, but I had room service from the AMAZING Daily Grill every night I was there so I didn't use the map. I was quickly on my way to my room on the 15th floor.

You must swipe your key card to get to the top two floors. Good security measure! When I got to the floor, I saw, to my surprise, that the bellhop had already made it to my room and was knocking on the door! He quickly unloaded my luggage, and I felt so horrible that I had no cash or change to give him for a tip, only my credit and debit cards, but he was very nice about it and that just made me feel even more guilty, haha. The room was nice enough, had a view of BOK Tower, City Hall, etc.

TV was brand new, 37 inch 1080p Samsung....didn't do any good when there's zero HD programming, though. Luckily, I had packed my HD set top box that I use when I figure I'm going to stay in a hotel that has no HD. I was able to plug it in via HDMI, connected the rabbit ears antenna I always bring with me, did a channel scan, and BOOM, suddenly I'm receiving all local Tulsa network affiliates in beautiful HD :-) I've become spoiled when it comes to HD, so there's NO way I will watch grainy, stretched programming on a nice HD TV if I can help it! For some reason, ALL Hyatt Regencys I've stayed in have these nice HDTVs but programming is always stretched out, grainy and regular definition. All Hyatt Place hotels have HD programming, so I don't understand what the hold up is for the Regencys, a brand that is suppose to be higher class than their Hyatt Place counterparts. No fear, until they get their act together, I'll be carrying this set top box and antenna around anytime I plan on staying at one :-)

The room looks like it could use more renovating, holes in the bathroom wall in some places, no really noticeable.... The building is clearly older, seems like they may have rushed the changeover from Crowne Plaza to a Hyatt.... hopefully, they'll address these issues in another renovation soon. The room had a nice sized fridge, would have preferred more storage space as far as drawers go, but that's fine. The closet had two white robes. Coffee pot is one of those "one cup at a time" types, though I never drink coffee, I thought some of you may want to know that info.

I did not like the pillows on the bed, they were WAY too soft... Finally on the last night, I called and requested some firmer ones and received them, so be sure to ask for more firm ones if you need them. The bed itself was nice, soft, and Hyatt Grand Bed quality, but it kind of sank in the middle of the mattress, which I was disappointed in. My thoughts are that Hyatt likely kept the bed frames for all the beds left over from Crowne Plaza, and the Crowne Plaza I stayed at in Little Rock didn't have support for their mattresses like most hotels, (ie: you can see under the bed, as opposed to the usual metal thing that keeps you from looking under there). I think this makes the beds sag in the middle, I had the same issue at the Crowne Plaza I stayed at and couldn't sleep because of it. It was better at this Hyatt location, though. Hopefully, management fixes this in their next renovation.

Room service was VERY prompt.... Only took 15 minutes on average! I ordered the kids chicken tenders and fries every night, but it was more than enough for any adult to eat. The chicken and fries were great, I loved the fries so much, that I began ordering an extra order of fries every night to snack on all evening.

The gift shop sells a lot of things, I needed batteries for my HD set top box remote while I was there, and the man was very nice and we talked about the VERY LONG line at check in. I've never seen a line that long at a registration desk at a hotel in my short life. At least 100 people.... insane! I was relieved I didn't have to wait like that to check in or I probably would have left. I see this was a problem for some, according to earlier reviews. That's one reason I got there to check in so late!

The Regency Club is small, looks like it used to be a suite possibly. It had a couple computers to use for Internet/printer purposes, a tv the size of the ones in the rooms, you can also get a copy of the local Tulsa World newspaper in there. I was only there once, and it was at 3 in the afternoon when nobody was there. They had chips and salsa, popcorn, cookies, along with soft drinks and water with I giant ice bucket and clean glasses for anyone there came up there. Between 5-7, they have an attendant, with more food and a cash bar from 5-9, I believe. The club closes at 11PM and has a free breakfast every morning.

I easily checked out, no line at 1:30 PM. Didn't need help getting luggage down, and the valet had my car out and ready in about two minutes. Very easy to get out of the hotel, checked out, and into my car, which was a surprise.

In conclusion, I recommend this hotel. It can use some work, on the walls, bathroom mainly, and the mattresses need support so there's not the sagging feeling in the middle...might not be a problem with the double beds, but was definitely noticeable in a king bed. Valet gave directions to the Broken Arrow Expressway, which came in handy since my GPS took five minutes or so to get a signal once I left the hotel, so those directions came in handy!

Had a nice first visit to Tulsa, and the state of Oklahoma. Not sure when I'll be back, but I will be one day soon, and this hotel is where I will be staying when I return. Can't beat the price if you have a corporate code with your company, parking is fairly cheap. I felt welcome, overall.

I look forward to my next visit, hopefully I'll actually be able to do some Tulsa sightseeing when I come back! No hotel is perfect, and with a few tweaks here and there, this Hyatt can easily become THE place to stay.... It just does need some sprucing and tweaking on the things listed.

Oh, one more thing I forgot...the air conditioner worked in the room, but it didn't get really really cold. I was comfortable the entire time in 90+ degree temps, but I know it wasn't getting down to the temp I wanted it to....l turn the AC down realllllly low when at a hotel, I had it on 65, which usually makes me freeze when I'm waking up, but I clearly wasn't freezing in this room. Hope they fix this issue, as well. I noticed complaints about this, too.

Room Tip: Get a high floor room, at the FAR end of the hall away from elevators..
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your very thorough review. I appreciate the detail. I am pleased to hear the valet and the front desk delivered excellent service.

Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you are in Tulsa.

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Nice hotel and I will definately stay again. The major plus for me was the foam pillows. I am allergic to feather pillow and it seems like the industry is switching to feather pillows. Very glad to find a place that has offers foam pillows. Nice hotel in a nice location. Definately stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
Thank you for the kind words, we truly appreciate them. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in Tulsa. We will have the foam pillows ready for you!