“Comfortable but not happening”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice between July to August in 2013, while on a business trip. The hotel is well maintained with fresh and clean rooms. Couple of things which dint impress me were:
1. The options in restaurant are very limited. I stayed in this hotel for almost 15 nights and i could run through the entire menu.
2. The place doesnt have a disc wherein you can hang out after a long day at work
3. There are no snacks and munch available in the room's mini-bar. Infact there is no mini-bar!

The good things were:
1. Very warm and hospitable staff
2. Quick check-in and check-out
3. Bang in the downtown.

Room Tip: There isnt any room with a great view. Being in the downtown, mostly surrounded by buildings
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. I understand the boredom that can occur during a long hotel stay. We are developing a menu for our guests to pick some items to have stocked in their refrigerator. This will be available soon. We also should have explained better the 47 restaurant/bar options within walking distance of our hotel. I do apologize for this and we will ensure our desk staff is better informed in the future.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope you choose the Hyatt Regency Tulsa again for your next stay.

918-560-2204

994 - 1,000 of 1,204 reviews

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We had booked a room with a King size bed. I called and they immediately said there were no more king beds available (which I dont believe due to the amount of time it took to tell me that). I asked if I could get any kind of reimbursement (breakfast coupons or something) and they said no, since I booked through 3rd party there was nothing they could do. Anyone who has worked in customer service knows that is not true. So that was an unattractive feature of the hotel.
It was a nice looking hotel, good location, and convenient parking. But I feel like nothing beats customer service issues. :( Would not stay again due to that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kayla F
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

We thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I agree that on of the main areas that differentiate hotels is service and I do apologize for the service, or lack thereof, that you received. We should have found a better alternative for you than a "No". I will be discussing this with my front desk staff and managers to ensure we find better ways of overcoming issues.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you back at the Hyatt Regency on your next stay in Tulsa

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed a couple times while traveling to Tulsa. While I like the hotel, there are some things that need addressed. The headboard of the beds re vinal with many nicks and tears that look like that of a cheap motel. The beds were not that comfortable. The positives were decent service, location, the restaurant, and it was pretty clean.

• Stayed: August 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We are in the process of changing out the headboards and I do apologize that it affected your stay. This will take a few months to complete, but we should be finished by year end. I do appreciate the mentions of our good service and cleanliness.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I travel a lot for work and when I travel I only stay at Hyatt and Hilton. I stayed here a couple weeks ago and again last night. I am scheduled to be back tomorrow night, so you see I do like this hotel. However, the attention to detail needs to improve. My first stay I had a room that had water damage to the shower ceiling. It was a previous repair that was not completely finished by maintenance. My most recent stay I tried using the pool. i checked in early and visited the pool area and saw a dead cricket in the pool. Several hours later the cricket was still floating in the same area by the steps.
Despite these issues, the things most important to me are the room rate, cleanliness, accessibility to restaurants. This Hyatt scores very high in my book in what is important to me. If they would just improve on the details i would rate it higher. Other pluses include a Regency Club that has great evening appetizer selections and self parking which was only $8.

1  Thank Charles G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I agree with you, attention to details can make or break a stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced and will be using your review as a training tool for my managers. We need to do the big things and small things well to ensure we are exceeding every guests expectations.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you back again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Three co-workers and I attended a 4 day conference at the Hyatt. I was impressed with my room; it was comfortable and VERY clean, something that is important to me. I never once had to ask for towels or anything else like I've had to in many other hotels. It was nice to have a refrigerator, iron, and coffee maker in my room.

The workout facility was nice and had a variety of machines, free weights, balls, bands, etc. The lobby was beautiful, yet cozy. We 'explored' each day after our conference and found several great restaurants and photo opportunities.

Lastly, the conference room was large, nice, and comfortable, even though it was too cold.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency. We appreciate the kind words regarding our hotel and various amenities. We take pride in ensuring all our guests enjoy their stay.

Thank you and we hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I must say I am surprised by the decent reviews from some travelers. I have stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Tulsa several times for the past several months while there on business. I started staying there simply for convenience as it is close to where my business meetings are conducted. One my last stay a few days ago, i finally decided "never again". While the front desk staff is friendly, I have become increasingly frustrated each time I am there because no one ever seems to answer when you call down to the front desk or hotel operator....or it takes 20 or more rings....this is especially frustrating when you are calling down to get your car from the valet and they aren't answering their phone either.

And then there are the really run down rooms...I always have a reservaton on one of the Executive Floors which are presumably the nicer floors and rooms. Unfortunately, the rooms are not in good shape...nicked and scratched up walls, stained carpet and just a stale smell throughout. I also have to say that the lounge for the executive floors is disappointing.

On the positive side, The Daily Grill restaurant is pretty decent and is in the hotel lobby. There is also a coffee place that is good. However, i just think this hotel is long, long overdue for renovation.

1  Thank verde-trekkers
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. Not anwering the phone is one of my pet peeves, so I do undertand your frustration. I apologize for this and will be addressing this immediately. We are continuosly updating our rooms and I will have them address our Regency Club rooms immediately. These are our most utilized rooms, do it is a challenge to balance the occuapcny and the upkeep. We will get them completed though.

Thank you again for your feedback and I would like for you to try us again. We will show you the true Hyatt Regency Tulsa experience on your next stay.

918-560-2204

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since it was the Adam's Mark way back when...then it was a Crown Plaza, and now a Hyatt Regency. It is a nice, big hotel with an attached parking garage. Staff is always friendly and helpful, and the parking garage is very convenient. This hotel is in central downtown and only two blocks from the BOK Center, Cox Business Center, post office, etc. Also close to the Blue Dome District and Brady District. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. I believe they will be updating soon. Great restaurant (The Daily Grill) and lounge.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple