“Adequate is about it”

Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was at the Hyatt for two nights on business. The room and facilities were adequate. Not great. Even a little run down, but maybe that is par for the course in Tulsa.

The service was what really made me take notice. Being there two nights, I had my room serviced once. When I returned to my room, there was still a dirty washcloth on the counter and there were streaks all over it (as something was spilled and just pushed around). The staff in the restaurant obviously and vocally hated their jobs as well.

The Good:
- The coffee shop was really good
- The front desk and valets were super nice
- Airport shuttle

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. A clean, well appointed guest room is a minimal expectation and I apologize we did not deliver that for you. I will be utilzing this as training for our staff.

I again apologize, thank you for your time and I hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay! The hotel was very nice! The valet was perfect and the staff were very sweet! :) The beds were very comfortable. The location was amazing, we ate at the Rusty Crane (the best) for dinner but ate Breakfast at the cafe in the hotel, second floor, it was so good. The food was excellent and fresh. I would book here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Congratulations!!! We are pleased to have been a part of such a special night in your lives. The Rusty Crane is one of our favorites as well!

We appreciate you sharing your comments and we hope to see you back on every anniversary.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hotel was within a few blocks of the BOK Center. The hotel checkin is on the 2nd floor - which is a little confusing when you first enter, but there was no problem. There were a lot of people checking in, but the process was quick. The rooms were good, beds comfortable. We were so excited to be there that everything looked good. We certainly would stay at that hotel again if we went to another concert. The area around the hotel appeared to be very safe and we did not hesitate to walk to and from the concert. We allowed our 14 year old girls to go early to the concert and felt they were very safe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fancyceleste

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay. Our proximity to the BOK Center makes us the perfect place to stay for a concert. Downtown Tulsa is a very walkable and safe downtown with plenty of things to see and do (Art Deco Architecture, Fantastic Restaurants, Unique Bars, ect...)

I am also pleased to hear that the hotel was up to your expectations as well.

Thank you and we hope to see you and your granddaughters on your next trip to Tulsa.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Based on location alone, this Hyatt might be the best hotel in downtown Tulsa. It's within walking distance of almost all of of the attractions in the core, though some might be just a little too far. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, and self-parking is ample and attached to the hotel.

My only complaint came when we extended our checkout date. The night before we were set to leave, we added another day to our stay. That evening we were told that we "almost certainly" would not need to switch rooms. However, come morning, we had to move - not only to a new room - but to a new floor.

I understand that this kind of thing happens, but it was annoying that we were assured it probably wasn't an issue. However, outside of that, there isn't much wrong with this property.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay. Once you are settled in, you want to enjoy your stay and relax so I do apologize for having to move rooms. We will have to rectify this in the future.

We hope to see you back the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Had a room for after a concert at the BOK center. Room was nothing special, but still very nice. The lounge downstairs was a bit disappointing in that not much food available after midnight. But, it is a great place to walk to after getting out of a concert.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We are convenietly located 3 blocks from the BOK Center and walking distance from several restaurants and bars for after the show.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel while I was working in Tulsa. Overall the hotel was very nice. It was nicely located downtown near the BOK Center. The price cannot be beat for the hotel you are getting. The front desk service was wonderful, and efficient. The restaurant they have on site is very nice, and served breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The guest rooms are pretty nice. My only complaint would be the night I checked in the linen had some stains on it, but the staff addressed it immediately. The staff is top notch. Anytime I needed something they exceeded my expectations. Usually if there was a problem, I would not give a 5 star review, but this hotel deserves it.

The manager at the hotel is very nice as well. When I brought the issue to his attention, he apologized and took care of it. The staff makes it feel like a 5 star hotel, but actual rooms are more like a 3 star.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. I especially appreciate the great words regarding our staff and our service. We take pride in delivering exceptional service. As for our location, we are indeed just 3 blocks from the BOK Center, but also 3 from the Blue Dome District and the Brady District. Each area has great restaurants and bars.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This has to be the best place to stay in downtown Tulsa. Location is Excellent. We loved the heated pool and excellent views. They also have the best bar with the best drinks EVER. We will be staying here from now on when ever we stay in Tulsa. If your going to the BOK Center, its only 2 blocks away. They also have a free shuttle to get you around downtown.

Room Tip: Request a room on one of the upper floors and overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank K9SONTHELOOSE

WOW!!! Thank you for the great review. We cannot help to agree with all you said. Great location, great restaurant/bar, and we think we have great employees and service as well.

Thank you again for the wonderful comments and we look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in Tulsa.