“Nice Hotel, great location, friendly staff. ”

Hyatt Regency Tulsa
Ranked #10 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here recently for a night away. Upon reaching our room we were warmed, literally, to a very hot room. After attempting to get the AC on we called about the issue and reviewed service within 5 minutes. That wasn't the end of our issue with the AC though. It seemed that the thermostat wanted to play games and shut off throughout the night. It wasn't too big of an issue to power it off and back on in order to get the AC to kick on again but it was a little annoying. We did not call maintenance a second time, so I can't complain too much as I'm certain they would've come immediately to fix the issue.

The hotel is nice and clean, as are the rooms. And the employees are very friendly.

Overall a very nice stay with little complaints.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for the great review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. We appreciate the kind words I also need it cold when I sleep and I do apologize for the issues with your air conditioning. Please call us in the future so that we may reapir the isseue and ensure your stay exceeds your expectations.

Thank you again for the feedback and we hope to host you again when you are in Tulsa.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Tulsa

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This review is being done for a second time. Not because my fist review was in correct. It is being revised because the General Manager took the time to review the facts and then work out me the issues and concerns. Now let this be an notice from a client to all future readers. Don't use this review to try and scam your way to a better room. Be honest and genuine and the rest will naturally happen.

My stay at the Hyatt was not originally what I wanted or expected. I was not given the correct room.
I was given the right room the following day, but I was departing after a one night stay. I was meeting a hollywood movie producer and once our meeting ended I was departing.

Now having said all of the above, the hotel is in a great location. I went for a 2 hour walk around Tulsa. Well at least downtown. I had the opportunity to meet some street people and we had a great chat. I also had the opportunity to speak with a few police officers and I love their attitude and commitment to Tulsa. This was in particular meaningful to me as I know the Chief of Police for Ridgefield CT and he is very down to earth and would have enjoyed meeting these fine police individuals.

This hotel has a great location and is in the middle of being made to be great. The general manager (Jeff Keeley) is focused on making this hotel exceptional. Jeff is a tall and handsome bald headed individual. Jeff knows he can not make Hyatt what it can be with out great staff and a commitment from the staff. Personally I applaud Jeff for being exceptionally honest with me as a client and more importantly telling me and haring with me what he can and can not do to make this hotel great.
My 5 stars or circles or whatever you call them does not go to the hotel. It goes to the very individual who recognized as a manager I was not happy. For example you could be staying at a 5 star hotel in Hawaii as I have and that the staff are disingenuous and lack human empathy. Or you could stay at a 3 star hotel like Hyatt Regency which will become a 5 star hotel, I assure you of this. But the difference will be that the staff will regardless of wealth or no wealth love and adore the clients. As for me, I am 53 years old and my wife is 36 years old. I love my wife dearly and do whatever she wants. But my wife knows when I say hang on we have a problem here, she leaves me be. I had a problem, but it has been corrected. Jeff, thank you. You and your family are invited to our home any time you come to Dallas. Yes, we have a pool, separate bedrooms for guests, large bathroom and bedrooms for guests and yes if you feel the need you can walk naked from your bedroom to our pool.

At the end of the day, I am impressed with this hotel. The hotel is a place to stay. Thats it. Jeff the GM makes it a place you want to come to. Maybe a movie will be made in the hotel lobby one day. It has great possibilities.

To all the staff I met, stay true to your conviction, be kind and to my friend in valet from Norway. Love your wife with all your heart, Treat her as a Queen, be kind and giving, loving and generous and remember all your life that your beautiful wife brought you from Norway to America.

Hyatt Tulsa I look forward to when I return.

John

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the review of the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. Thank you for reaching out to me and allowing us to rectify the issues you experienced during your stay. It was a pleasure sepaking with you and we do appreciate the comments.

We hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

No huge complaints, but the rooms were not in tip-top condition and the walls were thin enough that I could hear just about everything the person next door was saying. Pluses include that the bellhop staff are amazing, and the hotel check in staff are friendly and helpful. The lobby area is beautiful. Just a little disappointed in the condition of the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the condition of your guest room. We do quarterly preventative maintenance on our guest rooms and it seem the room you stayed in needs to be serviced. I do apologize we did not meet your, or my expectations. I am pleased to hear that our staff was pleasant. I will be sure to relay this onto the bellmen.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Tulsa.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We got a great deal to stay here on an impromptu trip. The service was very good and the accommodations were very nice. We arrived a little late to venture around downtown for dinner, so we chose to eat at the hotel. The food was very good but portions were a little small. We had a very nice experience overall and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
HyatttulsaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Tulsa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for the review. Impromptu trips are sometimes the best trips. When you return, we suugest you come in earlier so you can enjoy all that the Hyatt Regency and downtown Tulsa have to offer.

Thank you and we hope you next trip brings you back to Tulsa and the Hyatt Regency.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Our 3rd hyatt this holiday and a bit of a disaster. Room clean and staff friendly but restaurant flooded and closed. Couldn't do evening meal or breakfast. Every soda machine on 8 floors had no water in. On a plus staff got me water from exec lounge and they had a shuttle bus to drive us to close by restaurants. So not a complete disaster.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback. After a long day of travel, an in-house restaurant is an easy and convenient option. I apologize this was not possible as we did have a leak in the restaurant and due to this we could not serve our guest safely. I am pleased to hear that you utilized our shuttles to one of the many local restaurants.

We have the leak fixed and the restaurant up and running for you next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel in downtown Tulsa. Convenient to popular areas like the Guthrie Green, Blue Dome district and the BOA Arena. Nice rooms. Comfy beds. Beautiful lobby. This hotel is especially nice for business travelers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Travelling on business today can be tough. We are pleased to hear that we made it a bit better and that you enjoyed your stay. We are convenient to most downtown building and are even connected by tunnel or sky bridge to several so you do not even have to brave the elements to get to work.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again when your business brings you to Tulsa.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel great staff very friendly and helpful clean rooms. I stayed here few times and always looking forward when I stay in Tulsa. Parking lot is convenient and free. If worth every penny.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Slava N

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at the Hyatt Regency Tulsa. Thank you also for mentioning our service. We strive to deliver outstanding service and we appreciate you recognizing it.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tulsa.