“Good for the bottom line”

Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport
Ranked #81 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Whitesboro, Texas
“Good for the bottom line”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is the second time this year we've stayed on this property. We're in Tulsa a couple of times each year to photograph week long events at Expo Square. The combination of rate and location make this a good fit for our business. The property is older than "established" but the current owner seems to be maintaining and improving. The rooms are somewhat larger than those in newer motels, an advantage of staying in aged properties. Clean, comfortable and quiet. There is a breakfast and it's on par with others in this price point (biscuits and gravy, pastries, cereal, coffee, juice and milk). This is not a vacation inn, it's a price value motel and meets the need of cost conscious travelers and those on business with minimal requirements for accommodations.

We'll be back in April of 2014.

Room Tip: All rooms have micro/fridge. The front desk is helpful about modifications to reservations once you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
abvitulsaairport, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you so much for such great review. We really liked it! We will pass on your nice thoughts to our staff. We are so glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms. We are always trying to improve the property and your experience. Thank you for visiting us a second time as well. We hope there are many more visits!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Naperville, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I had to drive from the Chicago burbs to Tucson. I planned the trip with two overnight stays and booked lodging based on TripAdvisor reviews. Having spent most of my life near Chicago I've learned to recognize when someone is stuffing a ballot box, and I'm sure that's the case with this flop house when it comes to the positive reviews its gotten. I pulled in and noticed the cracked windows on rooms and the lobby. Check-in involved standing outside and feeding registration card and payment through a slot to a guy behind a bulletproof glass window. I was issued the key to room 114, and when I opened the door I was confronted with the filthiest, most poorly maintained excuse for a motel room I've ever seen. I was too exhausted from 12 hours of driving, so I decided to tough it out in this hell hole. There were truly frightening stains on the carpet. I couldn't tell if they were from ice cream (unlikely), mud, blood, or feces. It was so filthy that I didn't want by dirty clothes to land on it when I undressed. There were toothpaste spatters on the wall in front of the sink. The ceiling tiles in the bathroom were water stained and mismatched, and the grids they were suspended from were filthy with rust and mold. The wall between the tub and toilet was rotted out near the floor. The entire property showed a total lack of care by its management and staff. It's apparent all they care about is collecting room rents and not putting any of the money back into the property. DO NOT BELIEVE ANY OF THE POSITIVE REVIEWS ABOUT THIS DUMP! THEY ARE PROBABLY PLANTED BY FRIENDS OF THE MANAGEMENT. No savvy traveler could truthfully say anything positive about this fleabag.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank blinky1004
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this helpful review. We appreciate your feedback and have given it a lot of thought. We are always looking for ways to improve. We hope next time you are in Tulsa you will give us another chance and take notice of some improvements we have made. Thanks again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

Great beds, great prices, very clean, good hot shower easy to find and good management. Will stay again and tell my friends.. Breakfast was better than most hotels I've stayed at, right off the interstate very easy to find..

• Stayed September 2013
abvitulsaairport, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you so much for such a great review. We really liked it. It makes us happy when someone acknowledges our great quality for a great price. We hope to see you next time you're in town and look forward to making your stay a great one again!
Chesterfield, MO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

I picked this motel due to the great rates and good reviews, but I didn’t find it that nice. When I pulled in, there appeared to be a homeless woman at the entrance (she later left), and the parking lot was a disaster, most of it roped off with trash bags and yellow tape, half of it was gravel. The very friendly lady at the front desk checked me and said there was roof work going on. Room 115 smelled funny (probably cleaning products) and was full of flies when I entered. The carpet was stained and there was lots of evidence of water damage over the bed and on the walls which is odd for a first floor room. The door appeared to have been kicked in at the bottom. The bathroom was clean, and the room had a fridge and microwave. The AC worked great which was nice since it was 95 outside. But I just felt like I was in a dump. I found the source of the flies; a trash can outside my room that probably hadn’t been emptied in weeks. Later I heard other guests complain of flies in their rooms. TV had 65 clear stations on an old CRT TV. Internet was great the first day, but kept dropping the second day. Came back to the hotel Friday around 5pm and they were working on the roof. The noise was deafening, imagine a jet fighter at a NASCAR event but louder. It finally stopped by 6pm. Breakfast was basic, I had some toast. No restaurants nearby, but a few miles East is a Denny’s and McDonald’s. I could not find a working ice machine. I was happy to leave and would not stay here again. I paid $45 a night which was too high for this place. When I checked out, I couldn’t get a receipt, they said, “your internet reservation is your receipt.” I can’t explain the “excellent” reviews, even for a bargain motel, this was not “excellent”. It needs a lot of work.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jjctraveler
abvitulsaairport, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this helpful review. We are so glad you found our staff friendly! We appreciate your pictures and your well detailed review. You have provided us with some very helpful tips. You will be happy to know the roof work has been completed. We are always striving to make the motel better and to please our guests. Thanks again for your thoughts and we hope you give us another chance next time you are in Tulsa.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped on the way home due to the great reviews. We had a smoking room and non-smoking one. Smoking room had really stained carpet, water damaged ceiling and burned marks on tub and counter. When looking for electrical plug, saw cigarette butts between wall and mattress. Otherwise, it appeared clean. Carpets need to be shampooed or replaced. My room was also clean if you didn't look at corners or behind bed. Parking lot and exterior needs more lighting. Room amenities are nice. Just couldn't get past the dirty carpets. Don't think I would stay again. But, it is a good value. Night clerk was friendly. Rooms need a deep cleaning with new or cleaned floor coverings.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank kibby
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a helpful review. Our night clerk thanks you for the compliment! We have given a lot of thought to your suggestions as we are always looking for ways to make your stay better. We hope we have made some improvements and hope you will give us another chance next time you are in Tulsa. Thanks again!
Peoria, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This was a one night stay enroute to Arizona. The exterior of this motel is a bit rough around the edges and the parking lot could use some repairs. Our room was very large. I was suprised by it's size. There was a fold out sofa as well as the King size bed. This was a kitchenette room and it had a small dining table as well as a counter and sink. This is an old property and while clean, it's dated and could use a serious update. The T.V. was a 19" tube type and it was in a cabinet across the room from the bed making it hard to see. There were a minimum of towels and wash cloths. Breakfast was served in the lobby of the motel and there were two small tables to accomidate everyone. I skipped breakfast. The ice machine was located inside the laundry room at the rear of the motel (very dirty ) and certainly not a place that you would want to visit after dark. The manager was very pleasant and welcoming.
This is a place for a brief overnight stay only. On a 1 to 10 scale, I'd give it a 5 ,maybe a 6.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room near the front (lobby area) and stay away from the rear of the property.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keats1
abvitulsaairport, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Tulsa Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Thank you so much for leaving us such a helpful review. We will take all your helpful hints into consideration. We are always trying to improve to better serve your needs. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Tulsa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I needed a place to sleep six family members, including a very arthritic 70 year old grandmother. She was pleased as punch with the bed, comfort, fridge (doggie bags are a necessity), and hot, strong shower. The rooms were roomy enough for her walker and none of us felt crowded at all. I couldn't have been more pleased with our excellent accommodations. Also, I timed our trip to the airport and from parking lot to departure gate was five easy minutes with no traffic. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for leaving us such a nice review! We are glad you enjoyed our many amenities and the quick trip to the airport. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in town!