All reviews zip line zipline tour shuffle board meeting rooms are quick getaway common areas continental breakfast yogurt wedding conference bldg furniture jennifer accommodations downtown refrigerator
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Post Oak Lodge in August and will never return. Our daughter is getting married next year and we wanted to check it out for a possible location.
I will list the good things first.
The check in was smooth and fast
Dinner was good and the service was wonderful
The grounds are well maintained
We did not use the pool but it looked very nice
There was a nice swing on the porch
The check in lodge has nice comfy sofas

Now for the not so good:
The lodge we stayed in was musty and dirty
The furniture in the common area had stains
The bed and pillows were extremely hard, the sheets kept coming off the mattress. Looked to be cheap linens.
The bathroom looked to be 30 years old, the toilet ran all night, the shower was tiny with no water pressure or hot water. Thank goodness it was summer and we didn't mind a cool shower.
My husband dropped his glasses and they landed in a sticky mouse trap that was under the bed. If it hadn't been so late we would have checked out. He had to peel his glasses off with both hands.
The area where weddings are held were dirty, the carpet was soiled, the walls needed painting.
The Pine room was a joke, blinds from the 80s and broken, carpet extremely dirty, 2 chairs were broken. I almost fell when I sat down.

We will definitely not be using the lodge for our daughters wedding. I would be embarrassed to have our guest stay there even one night. Post Oak needs to do some major remodeling, cleaning and updating the TVs and furniture.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Ana R
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have been staying at Post Oak Lodge twice a year for week long meetings with my company for the past 5 years and I can't imagine staying anywhere else. They have everything you need to make a week long business trip go as smoothly as possible. The staff is wonderful and very attentive, the amenities are above par with an excellent workout facility, pool, games community areas in each lodge with TV's, pool tables and kitchen area just to name a few. For those who love the outdoors there is a great network of trails just outside the lodges for hiking and running and they have recently added a zip line tour which is awesome for team building events.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been coming out to Post Oak Lodge now twice a year for the past 5 years for business leadership conferences. I personally work with the staff to organize and plan these conferences and I can't tell you how wonderful they are to work beside in planning these meetings. They are eager to accomodate our needs and wants. We have been coming out there for so long now, they know us by name and remember the smallest details that are important to us personally. The facilities are always clean. The food honestly is amazing! Chef Damien makes fabulous food and his presentation of food is wonderful as well. There are 2 main lodges with 18 rooms each. There is a center area in each of those lodges where our teams can just hang out or play games(pool, shuffle board, poker, dominoes, cards). We have been able to have all types of team "events" as well. Everything from treasure hunts, , ropes course, survivor games, obtstacle courses, to capture the flag. The grounds are huge and allow for all types of team activites. Last year we took advantage of the on-site Zip Line course and our team LOVED it!

On a personal note, I have attended a wedding there that was out of this world. Absolutely gorgeous! I have also stayed out in one of the smaller lodges with my husband for an anniversary weekend.

This lodge is a hidden treasure.

2  Thank Tanya C
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have been coming to Post Oak with my company twice a year for 5 years. What a wonderful place. The lodges are very comfortable and clean. They have shuffleboard and a pool table in them and snacks and sodas in them as well. The staff goes above and beyond to make your stay a great one. There is so much to do, horseshoes, walks on the trails, swimming and the Zip-line tour is AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it. The meeting rooms are great. The temperature is perfect, and large windows to see nature. Post Oak is where a Great Hotel meets the Great Outdoors!

1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I stay at this lodge twice a year for a week long work meeting. This lodge brings a work meeting to a whole new level. It makes a week long meeting relaxing and a place you want to come to. They have a wide variety of foods for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. Always willing to work with dietary needs. This place has everything you need for any event. They even have a workout facility, nature trails, obstacle course, zip lining, game rooms, tv rooms, conference rooms and a pool, just to name a few. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Couldn't imagine a better place to spend time at for any event.

• Stayed: January 2013