“Best Hotel stay yet!”

WoodSpring Suites Tulsa
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Let's start with the basics. Staff: Very Professional and friendly. Room: Very clean. My wife and I stayed there for a week, and discovered that staying in a hotel could be enjoyable. We have stayed at a lot of hotels over the years, and something always seemed to go wrong. Not at Value Place. We have never slept so good, you could not hear what was going on in the next room, a major problem for us at other hotels. The fella who checked us in, very clean cut, polite, and willing to answer ALL of my questions before we paid. The fella who checked us out, Shawn, was also clean cut, polite and VERY professional. We got our cash deposit back with no problem. I read a review earlier about how hard the bed was, and how they did not get their deposit due to dirty linen, we had no such problem. As for the trash, wouldn't you take your trash out at home? WE DO!! Yes the bed was different, but we both slept VERY well, prefer it to our own bed actually!! WE WILL RETURN!!! Thanks to all the Value Place Staff!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trever234

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Our family had a week long educational event in Tulsa and being budget conscious, decided to try Value Place for our accomodations. What we learned...

1) Ask to see your room before you pay. There is a NO REFUND policy and you pay for a week at a time, regardless of your stay (plus they charge an additional $100 refundable damage deposit per room). We had reserved NON-SMOKING, ADJOINING rooms. We arrived late and our rooms were on the third floor...a full smoking floor. We went back to the front desk and there was only one room available. We all crashed in that one room for the night with the hope that another non-smoking would come open the next day. It did, at the opposite end of the hall from the kids room...

2) The internet provided is NOT wireless. In exchange for the family crashing in one room on the first night, the front office added complimentary internet access to both our rooms. However, she did not provide an ethernet cord upon check-in and it wasn't until the next morning we learned that internet services were not wireless... It didn't matter much in the long run as the internet was down more than it was up and running...mostly down for the entire week we were there. I'm glad we did NOT pay for it.

3) The rooms, while clean, are worn and tired looking. Carpet is dirty, cabinets are frayed around the edges and stained inside. There are no "room darkening" curtains, like most hotels, just blinds...so when the sun comes up, you know it.

4) The beds are built to provide maximum underbed storage, not maximum comfort. They are basically a cheap-midgrade mattress on a high platform of particle board...there is no boxspring. If you prefer a very firm mattress, you might sleep okay, otherwise...
Also, they are doubles, not queens or kings...so cuddle up!

5) Best feature...kitchenette. This was the main reason we decided to stay here. Having a full fridge, microwave and a kitchen sink as well as a two burner stove top was a money saver...even if it meant we had to pack the kitchen supplies to utilize the area (you can purchase a 'dishpack' for an additional $30 and it's yours to keep, I opted to pack a large plastic tote of my own pots/pans/dishes).

6) Being a budget chain, they do not provide the amenities you might have come to expect in most hotels. For example, there are TWO towels/washcoths in your room, ONE roll of toilet paper, NO iron/ironing board, NO extra blowdryer. We requested and recieved the extra towels we needed for everyone to have their own, but there would have been an additional charge to have them replaced daily. There is no daily housekeeping, so use your toilet paper sparingly. We also recieved an iron and ironing board when we requested them, but they are not standard in every room and I suspect not always available.

7) The staff is friendly and responsive and seem to really try to accomodate and serve their guests, but this chain was not what I was expecting.

Room Tip: Always ask to see your room before you pay! The third floor is all smoking rooms, so the closer you...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chocolatejunky
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I would have never dreamed that I would be on the street with my elderly mother as well as with my uncle in tow. After being in a motel of great expense for two nights, I was fortunate enough to find Value Place. Not only was it clean and sharp as a pin, the staff there were the best serving group of people I have encountered in one setting in quite sometime. I highly recommend Value Place because, not only was the location great, I felt safe there knowing someone was on site around the clock. The staff here really put their hearts in their job. I really do appreciate all of you. Keep up the great job you all are doing! It truly was awesome to see you work as a team. Thanks again for allowing rest in such a unpredictable situation. Way to go, Eric and crew.

Room Tip: Top floor was the smokers floor so no one down stairs had the vapor odor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

This was our first time staying here in Tulsa & this hotel is amazing, The guy Sean that works there is very nice & offered to help me in anyway. I had my 7 month old with me so it was very hard to hold him & push a luggage cart, he helpped me out with it & also offered to get the rest of the stuff out of our room so i could stay with my son. This is a very neat & clean hotel, they let you use their cleaning supplies whenever you like. Conveniently located, staff on call 24/7. Staying here again in a few weeks(: THANKS SEAN(;

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KBNert54
Reviewed 6 April 2013

The hotel itself is a nice hotel.. I requested to look at a room before booking. Its very nice. I really loved the full kitchen, spacious floor and pretty good size bathroom. The bed is horrible.. its a full size bed without a box spring. I had to purchase a matress pad that will only be used a week. There are no curtains so the lights are shining in all night.. The elevators are slow..but they work.. I really like the fact thag you have to have a key to get into the hotel at all.. But.you have some ignorant people that will let anyone in. They run you in a sex affender data base prior to check in..which i LOVE..The hotel staff is VERY nice at first..until you complain..in our case it was about the people above us STOMPING around like a herd of cows..they said they went up there and the people werent even there..but RIGHT after they told me that..i went up to the floor above us...and listened myself. They were still in the room being loud.. i feel sorry for the people on the side of them. My husband gets off work at 6 and has to be back up at 5. We get awoken several times because of the people above us..this happened for 3 nights until something was actually done about it..the rooms are very poorly sound proofed!OBVIOUSLY! IF we ever stay here again while in Tulsa..we will be getting a room on the fourth floor.. and i will not speak to the staff.. They become rude after the complaint! Nice hotel, nice staff if you dont have to deal with them.. close to everything. And rooms are pretty good size..because the beds are so small!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Where to begin . The place looks very clean on the outside. The staff is very kind and friendly. The place if full of loud construction workers. Its like moving south of the border but your in Tulsa.
The location is very convenient to many locations but parking is bad. The lot if full of oil slicks so your feet need some house shoes or they will turn black. The place is a basic 3 on a scale of 1-10.
Cheap Cheap Cheap you get what you pay for !

Room Tip: Step up and find a better place this place is rough!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Recommended this place to out of town business visitors because their company had them on a very tight budget, so they had to keeps their expenses down while on a full week of accommodations for business.. Won't do it again. They lost a lot of their $100 deposit, not because the room was damaged, but because they didn't take the trash out when they left and the sheets had to be laundered. Wasn't clear to them when they checked in that this was a requirement to get your deposit back. The old expression, "you get what you pay for" certainly applies to this property.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business